Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• a wind to shake the stars

Question Quick bag check question

I'm heading to the parks this week sometime and I expect it's going to be pretty crowded. I'd like to get in as quick as possible, so I have a quick question regarding the bag check station. I don't really want to wait behind a bunch of tourists unpacking their entire picnics. If I remember correctly if you have no bags you can just walk through? Is that still true? If so I'm just going to wear a big coat and try to fit my camera and phone and all of that in my pockets.

Thanks guys!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Re: Quick bag check question

Unlike Walt Disney World, at Disneyland EVERYONE goes through the bag check, bag or no bag.

BTW, I learned the hard way yesterday that you can't bring wrapped presents through bag check.
    Rick

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    Unlike Walt Disney World, at Disneyland EVERYONE goes through the bag check, bag or no bag.

BTW, I learned the hard way yesterday that you can't bring wrapped presents through bag check.
    Really? I was there about a week and a half ago and saw a woman walk through with a wrapped gift.

That's one of the MANY problems I have with the bag chaeck at DLR is that there is no consistancy in the checks. Deferent people ask for different things. One wants to actually look in the bag, another just glances at the top. One lets a stroller through with a quick glance at the bag that hangs from the back another wants the bag emptied out. No consistancy.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    No consistancy.
    probably because there is little to no training .. or expectations.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    probably because there is little to no training .. or expectations.
    Or apparently an actual policy & proceedure.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

So, does everyone here want a real bag check? Perhaps more qualified personell? I'm just wondering. Because i went through bag check yesterday, and it is kind of joke. I dont expect metal detectors like Magic Mountain (that is not an invite to bash the Mountain, i know most of you will want to) but the bag checking has not increased my sense of security.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Haunted Mansion Lover

You might have to unzip your jacket. We went through one time last year and they made us unzip our jackets. We felt a little violated but obliged none the less.
    Foolish Mortal

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Yeah, the bag check is at best a feel good thing (not that I feel good about it.) I believe Cirarama had to surrender a Swiss Army Knife, while I know for a fact that my wife has had one in her purse before, which they checked and let her proceed.

Has anyone actually seen of or heard of a list of contraband? What exactly are they supposed to be checking for? I can understand guns, knives, hand grenades, etc. but are they also checking for things like outside alchol and drugs?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Has anyone actually seen of or heard of a list of contraband? What exactly are they supposed to be checking for? I can understand guns, knives, hand grenades, etc. but are they also checking for things like outside alchol and drugs?
    Not that i have tried, but it seems it would be pretty easy to get in with both.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Minion

Glass items will have to be disposed of. My son also had to lift his jacket so they could see the back of his shirt (I assume to make sure he wasn't carrying something.)

And no, don't walk up thru people because you don't think you need to stand in line, it doesn't go over well with people when others cut.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Can see my car from here

I think there is more to the bag check than meets the eye (pardon the pun.)

As others have mentioned, everyone goes through the line, bag or not. Just think of it as the first of many long lines you will be standing in during the Holidays. Relax, you're at Disneyland! I've never been in the bag check line longer than 5-10 minutes, ever, and that's with or without a bag. I would expect longer lines if you arrive en masse at park opening however.

You will be delayed substantially longer if you forget to remove the Glock 9mm, Ka-bar, and Chinese throwing stars from your bag before reaching the checkpoint.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    I dont expect metal detectors like Magic Mountain (that is not an invite to bash the Mountain, i know most of you will want to) but the bag checking has not increased my sense of security.
    "Welcome to Six Flags"

"Hello"

"Empty your bag"

"Oh that's it? Come on in!"

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Really? I was there about a week and a half ago and saw a woman walk through with a wrapped gift.
    I was going through bag check once and they were not allowing a woman to bring what they were calling glass into the park. It was taking a while because the were debating with the CM...I glanced over to see what they were tryign to bring in. It was a water globe/snow globe. The ones they sell in the park. So, they can buy it in the park, walk around the park with it, leave to eat on harbor and not come back in with it because it's glass?

That was crazy. They eventually called security and I did not hang around to see what happened after that.

it's just difficult to tell what bag check will do on any given day. Sometimes they make me unzip every compartment on my camera bag and others they just glance in the main compartment that holds the camera.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post

You will be delayed substantially longer if you forget to remove the Glock 9mm, Ka-bar, and Chinese throwing stars from your bag before reaching the checkpoint.
    yeah, but anyone who wanted to bring those in the park would have them on their person....which does not get checked.

• Oooh thats gotta hurt

I work security at a nuke plant and everyone wants protection, but no one wants to be inconvienenced. The CMs doing bag checks are probably not too thrilled at doing bag checks. How in depth a check is depends on the comfort level of the person doing the check or how new they are.
    Oooogaoooga Divedivedive bring her to periscope depth WHAT!! what do you mean we can't dive the Disney subs argghh, can we launch torpedos? let me guess no torpedos right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast