Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Post It's been too long!...A Trip Report!

Well, Micechatters. It's been too long since I've posted here. I saw a couple of you in the park that I hadn't met before and I think I saw someone from Micechat walking in front of our hotel on Saturday afternoon (I think his name is Sam...but, I can't remember!...I never met him in person). Anyway, it was a wonderful trip and we were able to pack in lots and lots of stuff in the too short 2 days we were there. We totally would have gone to the MiceChat meet. But, I kindof felt weird and out of place having not been on for a while. Also, we were with my mom and my siblings. So, with their own list of things to do, it just didn't work. But, I have missed MiceChat and missed the friends that I made here. I wish I could have seen you Sunday (if any of you were there). But, now that we are Californians, hopefully we will be able to make it to the park more often and come visit more often. Also, after a long absence, I hope to be lurking and posting like I used to. I will try to get a full trip report up in the next few days. I will say now that I REALLY enjoyed the Nemo Subs. I had never been on the ride before and I would have been gushing about the ride and insisted we go on it again if I hadn't met Ana Rodriguez (Betty's sister in Ugly Betty) as we were exiting the ride. That was very surreal and I quickly lost track of the fun I had just had on Nemo.

Also, I am curious to know what was up with all the candy ravers in the park on Saturday? I thought that went out YEARS ago!! They had candy bracelets on up to their shoulders!!! What is up with that!! Nothing against them...I just thought I was caught in a time warp back to the late 90's early 00's again when I was in my late teens/early twenties!

Also, I will say (okay, this is kindof turning into a mini trip report, I guess) that I rather enjoyed Fantasmic! this time. I had never sat front and center before (I mean right up to the wrought iron fence at the edge of ROA) and it was awesome!! Speaking of ROA, why did a CM in the candy shop in Critter Country tell me the nearest place I could get a soda was by the lake...Where is there a lake in DLR?!?! I was confused and a bit perturbed that she didn't know it was, at least, a river! Anyway, I digress!

I found myself seeing new things that either have been added or that I just noticed for the first time. The last time we went was the first week of Dec last year. So, the snow on the castle, obviously, was new. I knew about that already. The parade seemed different this year and of a better quality than the 2 years that I had seen it before (Jan '03 and Dec '06). It might have been just me. But, it was better!

I loved the little touches that I noticed the most that brought me back to the days I first went as a kid...20 YEARS AGO (I feel old, yet accomplished)!!!! The new posters for RCT and Nemo under the entry bridges were awesome! The attention to detail was amazing compared to years past when many things were left in disrepair. The CM's were ALL very very pleasant and seemed to always ask how your day was going and ask what your favorite ride was today or something more than just being friendly and customer service oriented. I had several CM's tell me that all the guests are nice during the Holidays and that it's a joy to work there. The entertainment options (big and small) were quality and very enjoyable. Queenie and the Mint Julep's (I think that's what they were called) in French Market were great! I had seen Queenie last year on the steps leading up to the Disney Gallery. But, she did a full set while we were eating and I loved it. The lone blues guitarist playing in the back corner of NOS was just enough to push things into the realm of perfection. The pirate standing in front of the strollers along the ROA with the sign that said "Strollers for Sale" was great.

I have a question though...What is up with the price of merchandise? It seems to have gone DOWN! While we were shopping, we constantly looked at each other saying "This is reasonably priced...are we in Disneyland or the Twilight Zone!?". It was a nice surprise, to say the least. Does anyone know if they really did lower prices or was this just something that went along with the rest of my rosy, Disneyland is perfect vacation?

Maybe it was me, but the park seemed fresh and new...vibrant and ready for the next phase of it's life post-50th Celebration! I loved it more than ever before. There were some things we missed. But, we plan on coming back the first weekend of February for more fun and memories. So, look for me on MiceChat until then!

...more fun memories to come soon...the best of 500+ pictures and all!

By the way, we did go to DCA, too. More on that soon also. I will say, though, that yelling "Housekeeping!!!" just before the first drop on Tower of Terror was the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!!!
    Last edited by creamcityleo79; 12-19-2007 at 07:26 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: It's been too long!...A Mini-Trip Report!

Welcome back to the world of posting! DOn't be a stranger. Glad you had a great time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It is nice when an old friend appears again.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!!
    and how you noticed different things around the park... thats probably my favorite part of going. Living in the central valley about 5-6 hours away i dont get to go as much as i want (which would be twice a week) but i digress.... the best part of not going for months is seeing something you forgot was there in the first place...
    cant wait for pictures!!

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome back to the land of MiceChat!!!! And for heavens sake if you get a chance, don't be afraid of popping by the noon meet on any Sunday you guys are there!! Even if you can only stay for a couple of minutes to just say hi, its worth it!!

And you must of been in the Twilight Zone because I think everything is way over priced!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Sure wish you would have dropped by the meet if only for a minute or two. We would have understood your predicament, especially if you were accompanied by Muggles!
    Rick

• Minion

Well, if my husband gets the schedule we think he's going to, we're going to be off to Disneyland in February and on our way to our first Sunday MiceChat meet (we didn't get to go the first time in 2005...but, we met lots of MiceChatters anyway!!). Does anyone know about the candy ravers, though? It was quite shocking!...I would say, literally 1/10 people there were dressed to the hilt in raver gear!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It is nice when an old friend appears again.
    Thanks Barbaraann...I've missed MiceChat...it's time to become a Disney Dork again!

technically the water surrounding the island is a lake as it's not moving which would then make it a river.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    technically the water surrounding the island is a lake as it's not moving which would then make it a river.
    TRUE...BUT, I wouldn't say the submarines were in a lake...and I wouldn't call it Main Boulevard. It just didn't fit and I couldn't believe she didn't call it ROA. I've NEVER heard it called a lake before.

• Minion

By the way, I figured out who it is that I think I saw...his name is Jack (hollywood1939). I swear I saw him! Anyone know if he was at/near the park this weekend?

• Minion

My husband is uploading all the pictures from our trip onto our computer and getting them on our website www.neuhickman.net . I'll try to get the pics posted tonight!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Can't wait to see your trip report! Welcome back to MC!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
    My husband is uploading all the pictures from our trip onto our computer and getting them on our website www.neuhickman.net . I'll try to get the pics posted tonight!
    Can't wait!!! I love looking at DL photos. I am also one who takes 500+ photos on vacation. Good to know I am not alone! ha!

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I was at the park on Saturday and I noticed the Ravers too! I have no idea what reason they were there for, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast