• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

When did the Attraction Posters move from the Entrance to the Tunnel?

when watching older Disneyland films, you can clearly see that the attraction posters were spread across the Mickey Flowerbed area, when did they get relocated to inside the tunnel?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• =)

Re: When did the Attraction Posters move from the Entrance to the Tunnel?

Good question! I really have no idea. I can say, however, that I prefer the current placement.

• Closed Account

Speaking of the entrance tunnels, it's interesting to think that Walt never saw these:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Good question! I really have no idea. I can say, however, that I prefer the current placement.
    I like it, too! The posters would, IMO, make the flowerbed area look too cluttered.

• Minion

^ Indeed. The tunnel plaque is a comparably recent addition.

But we all knew what it meant when we went through that tunnel, plaque or not.

• Minion

The ride posters were always in both entrance tunnels. And they were also in the Mickey flower bed area, in the parking lot on the Monorail beam bases and in the Penny Arcade and in the Carnation Plaza Gardens snack area, at the DL Hotel... and the train stations. Also, small horizontal versions were featured on the Omnibus. And Alice, Tiki and others had versions right at the ride entrances. I think Tomorrowland's old Avenue of Flags had some too.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    The ride posters were always in both entrance tunnels. And they were also in the Mickey flower bed area, in the parking lot on the Monorail beam bases and in the Penny Arcade and in the Carnation Plaza Gardens snack area, at the DL Hotel... and the train stations. Also, small horizontal versions were featured on the Omnibus. And Alice, Tiki and others had versions right at the ride entrances. I think Tomorrowland's old Avenue of Flags had some too.
    I was just watching my "Disneyland: Secrets" DVD last night, and had the feature "Disneyland: People and Places" on and the attraction posters were only infront of the Mickey Planter, and not in the tunnels.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• FastPass n00b

This is an excellent question. Those posters are technically no different than the banners covering the entire esplanade (they all advertise attractions), but the tunnel posters have so much more meaning. I do like the posters in the "Welcome" area of the tram because they remind me of the tunnel posters.

What an amazing design too, so simple and yet so effective. There's no fancy gate or huge entrance, it's just a small entry plaza and then the tunnel that makes you feel like you've just crossed over into another world. It's the *small* touches that separate genius from mediocrity. People think that genius comes in huge magnificent statements, but it's the tunnel entrances and small things that truly make the park a work of genius.

I hate to take anything away from Walt, but we often forget just how many extraordinary minds contributed to Disneyland's greatness. Walt was truly the visionary, but so many people have contributed to make the park what it is today that they deserve a lot of credit too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Speaking of the entrance tunnels, it's interesting to think that Walt never saw these:

When was this added?

• Minion

>>I was just watching my "Disneyland: Secrets" DVD last night, and had the feature "Disneyland: People and Places" on and the attraction posters were only infront of the Mickey Planter, and not in the tunnels.<<

That's before my time, but I can remember when they had both - and parking lot and Penny Arcade and Plaza Gardens all at the same time.