May this moment in history never be forgotten ;)
Disneyland in 1979
Main Street, U.S.A.
Global Van Lines Locker Area closed
Honor America float added to the Main Street Electrical Parade
Polaroid Camera Center (1979-1984)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
The Haunted Mansion was entering its final stages...and the Primeval World diorama was a 'True Life Adventure' ;)
DISNEYLAND IN 1989:
* Sunkist Citrus House (1960-1989) closed
* Mile Long Bar (1972-1989) is renamed Brer Bar (1989-2002)
* On March 19th, the Skyway ride shut itself off after riders in one car vigorously rocked it (150 people were stranded for up to 5 hours while firefighters rescued them with ladders. All attractions in Fantasyland and several in Tomorrowland had to be closed during the rescue.)
* Splash Mountain opened on July 17th (1989-present) :D
* On September 1, the 300 Millionth guest entered Disneyland
* The 1958 Disneyland marquee on Harbor Blvd. was replaced
* Disneyland turned 34
* The track for Casey Jr. Circus Train was completely replaced
* PSA ended its sponsorshop of the Circle-Vision theater
* The Disneyland Presents a Preview of Coming Attractions display on Main Street closed
* The Disneyland Showcase shop opened
* Disneyland raised entrance gate prices by $2 to $25.50 for adults and $20.50 for children
* The One Man's Dream show began performances at Videopolis
My year rocked!
Disneyland in 1967
New Orleans Square
Blue Bayou Restaurant (1967-present)
Club 33 (1967-present)
One-of-a-Kind Shop (1967-1996)Pirates' Arcade (1967-?)
Pirates of the Caribbean (set in a village of 1790. 1967-present)
Adventure thru Inner Space (1967-1986)
Carousel of Progress (1967-1973 then moved to Walt Disney World)
Flight to the Moon (1967-1975)
Mermaids last summer in Submarine lagoon
People Mover (1967-1995)
Rocket Jets (1967-1997)
The Character Shop
World Premiere Circle-Vision (1967-1997)
In 1992, Fantasmic! opened.
That's about the best thing that happened.
Construction for Disneyland began on July 21, 1954 and I was born 28 days later. :D
Um. In 1955 Disneyland opened.
Works for me.
I didn't get there until March of 1956 though.
Disneyland in 1987
Main Street U.S.A.
Very Merry Christmas Parade (1977-present) returned
New Oreleans Square
The Disney Gallery (1987-present)
Davy Crockett Frontier Arcade renamed Davy Crockett's Pioneer Mercantile
Frontier Trading Post becomes Westward Ho Trading Co (1987-present)
Briar Rose Cottage (1987-1991)
Mickey's Christmas Chalet closed (1983-1987)
Mark V monorails (1987-present)
Star Tours (1987-present)
Disneyland State Fair (1987-1988): For this event Disneyland had a ferris wheel in front of the train station and games and food booths around the Hub of Main Street U.S.A.
Disney Dollars were introduced on May 5th
# Work begins on Splash Mountain at Disneyland, based on the 1946 Disney film Song of the South.
# Disney begins featuring its television advertisements after great sports events, where the star runs up to a camera and says "I'm going to Disneyland!".
Ticket price was $21.50 (according to http://www.finddisney.com/tickets.htm) which is $39.78 in today's money.
A pretty good year I'd say