Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Dining in D-land and DCA

Ok, I know that a lot of people recommend Blue Bayou for lunch or dinner, but what other full service or better counter type restaurants are good ?

Thanks for your advice

Going in October.....Can't wait!!!

• wasting time

Re: Dining in D-land and DCA

INSIDE DL and/or DCA, nothing.

OUTSIDE of DL and/or DCA, Catal, Tortilla Jo's and Jazz Kitchen are top notch.

• Basking in birthday love

I've never really eaten at DCA, so no help there. At DL, pretty much everything in NOS will give you a decent meal, like River Belle Terrace, Cafe Orleans, and French Market. If you want a quick meal where the food is still good, I'm a fan of Pizza Port, which has the added bonus of giving a discount to every AP level (unlike most restaurants). The Blue Ribbon Bakery and La Brea Bakery are both very good for breakfast. Definitely hit the Blue Bayou once on your visit, though.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

In DCA, the bakery place at the pacific wharf has great bread boules (soups/salad). There's also a beer truck right nearby. The moderately priced italian restaurant at the winery is also good. Also you can leave DCA and eat at the GCH. There's White Water (Roaring?) Snacks which has the best quick service in the resort and there's Storytellers which is a nice family restaurant.

At DL, I like the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. The mexican food is pretty good at Zocalo too. I'd stay away from Buzz.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    At DL, I like the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. The mexican food is pretty good at Zocalo too. I'd stay away from Buzz.
    Agreed about Buzz. The food is on the lesser side of average, and there's usually ear-bleedingly loud music playing, which requires you to yell to be heard across the table.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Feel the breeze!

I myself enjoy Ariel's Grotto and, if you really wish to spend some money, Napa Rose.

• Still wants to be a cat!

In DCA Pilot's Grill is good. DL my favorite has to River Belle Terrace (just tried the catfish on Sunday...YUM!!!). DTD, I'm probably the only one, but I still like the Rainforest Cafe. DL Hotel, Granville Steakhouse. Paradise Pier, the Japanese place (don't remember the name). GCH, I've only tried Whitewater Snacks, great chili cheese dogs there!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Official MC Thread Killer

Hmm.. I'd say Pacific Wharf Cafe (DCA) has the best counter service. Mmmmm. Especially their Newport Nicoise!! It's delicious!! Out of the park, I'd recommend Yamabuki (if you're into sushi, etc.), NAPA ROSE!! (one of the best meals I've ever had), and Granville's. Granville's had an amazing deal, too. A really good ceasar salad, a petite steak that was very very good with a potato stack, and a seasonal fruit tart a la mode for only $28 per person! It was very worth it. You really can't go wrong though with Disneyland dining
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

The Plaza Inn and the French Market have turned out to be my regular Disneyland haunts.

The French Market is my favorite place to eat, though. So many choices, French Dip, Fried Chicken, even Mint Juleps in the soda machines! Great atmosphere too, nice view of New Orleans Square and the band that plays there regularly.

• CM for 4 years!

Wine Country Trattoria at Disney's California Adventure is a really beautiful restaurant that serves Italian food in a casual outdoor dining setting, but it is table service. Smells amazing, atmosphere is great, love the area music... need to eat there myself, I've only worked there.

In DL, there's not much good food, I think. I even think the Bayou is overrated. The only difference between its jambalaya and the jambalaya at the French Market is that the Bayou jambalaya has shrimp in it... to me, it's worth the extra money every once in a while, but not often.

In Downtown Disney, I DEFINITELY recommend Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Creole food, but WAAAAY better than the Bayou, and about the same prices. Much more worth the money.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Wolfy we LOVE the rainforest, and there is one in SF as well. Last time we were there we had a sampler platter that had ribs, chicken and steak I believe. MMMMM, sooo good, plus you can't beat sitting next to a chest pounding Gorilla.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Rainicorn.

I love the House of Blues lunch specials.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Inside DL I love the Cobb at Plaza Inn(my oldest loves the fried chicken), Zocalo is okay and I like the pizza salad at Redd Rocketts. My boys love breakfast at Riverbelle.

In DCA I like the nachos place in the wharf area, Ariels Grotto(love it actually)and the blue cheese burger at Taste Pilots

I am particularly fond of Tortilla Jo's in DTD and also the steak sandwich at the Uva Bar.

At the hotels My boys love breakfast/lunch and Goofy's Kitchen and we really enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant at Paradise Pier(can so not remember the name) We also Love Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Cal for a quick snack!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• The one, the only...

I have to mention the French Market again. It is a great place for food and atmosphere.

I did not like Redd Rocket Pizza Place in Tomorrowland. I had a bad experience there and will not go back.

I just wish that Big Thunder Ranch was back. I had my most magical meals at DL there.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The Duck Rules

Go to http://www.dlresortinfo.com and review the menus. Not all the places will have things you like. Or at least that's what happens with me.

judimouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast