Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    The DL version is supposed to be very similar to Tokyo, both got retrofitted into their CircleVision, and many parts were built at the same time... there should be some difference though. A big one is that the DL version will feature a online feature, where folks at home can play along with guests riding at the park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Quality not quantity

Interesting, thanks for keeping me up to date. I'll be interested to see if the "online" feature somehow enhances the experience for riders or is just more of a gimic.

In either case, I can confidently predict the following web page (or one like it)

http://www.disneyland.com/buzzlive.html -> Sorry. Due to unexpected levels of demand, this page cannot load. Please try again later.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    This news was just the thing to send my son off to dreamland with. The smile on his face will last until he sees the ride for the first time. Thank you for the news!

(quickly goes to Palm Desktop to start planning our weekends around the Buzz soft openings. )
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

When they offer this to CM's and their families, do they allow regular guest to go on the attraction also??

Sounds like another good excuse to drag my wife to DL :devil:

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I'm guessing it's because you never saw anything other then Buzz in the first movie

Zurg was never shown and it seemd as though Zurg was just a generic name they pulled out to have as an enemy for Buzz
    As with the sheer stupidity of installing a 'buzz' ride, Buzz lightyear himself is just a generic space cowboy Toy. Its not even a Disney movie. Pixar did ALL of the production: Disney simply provided the $$$ to do it and so they can put their names on it

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Disney simply provided the $$$ to do it and so they can put their names on it
    *cough*andsotheycanmarkettheheckouttaitfor99plusye ars*cough*

Does anybody know if the Circle-Vision theater is still intact? Is it part of the Line area like how it was with the Rocket Rods? Or is it just completely demolished and no longer exists?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Does anybody know if the Circle-Vision theater is still intact? Is it part of the Line area like how it was with the Rocket Rods? Or is it just completely demolished and no longer exists?
    The inside is totally changed... the new queue area is where the old NASA exhibit was.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    A friendly reminder, soft openings are just that, unoffical, with no real timetable.

They have the right to cancel or shut down the attraction at any time.

You might stand in line for an hour, just to find out they have to shut down the attraction for repairs and/or adjustments...

You might find the place closed....

But if you are lucky enough, you can be one of the first to ride it

As with the sheer stupidity of installing a 'buzz' ride, Buzz lightyear himself is just a generic space cowboy Toy. Its not even a Disney movie. Pixar did ALL of the production: Disney simply provided the $$$ to do it and so they can put their names on it
    I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

I don't think Disney funded the creation of the movies at all

the only thing they did was distribute the movies (which was a benifit back when Toy story came out and Disney's name was #1 in the kids animation market)

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I've heard that soft openings for Buzz will be sooner than these cast previews. A word to the wise: start hanging around tomorrowland as early as next week for some impromptu guest testing! This info comes from a very reliable source.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    My boys can't wait!! They loved the ride at WDW, when my oldest and I rode Alien Encounter and Space Mountain during E-Ride Night my youngest drug my husband on the ride over and over

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Hint: Once you see the plywood walls that surround the old NASA exhibit come down, start walking by the place a couple of times during your visit....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The inside is totally changed... the new queue area is where the old NASA exhibit was.
    I realize that. But did the circle-vision screens really take up that much space? It seems as tho they had a plethera of space on that left building. So no more circle-movies to watch because of PIXAR!

I realize that. But did the circle-vision screens really take up that much space? It seems as tho they had a plethera of space on that left building. So no more circle-movies to watch because of PIXAR!
    what're you talking about :confused: the Circlebuilding was almost all circlevision and little anything else

there was the Nasa Exibit and the Circlevision waiting area/que and the premier shop (obviously not going anywere)

the only other part of it there is after that is the kitchen that serves the Terrance/Club Buzz

if they'd left the screens way up above the ride it wouldn't make much since really o_o and would make the set designs akward and bring the size of the building into focas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast