Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    *cough*andsotheycanmarkettheheckouttaitfor99plusye ars*cough*
    Got a bad cold there?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Actually Buzz is a multi level ride, and takes advantage fo the old queue/waiting area, and the area where the screens used to be (using it for the second level of the attraction...)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Actually Buzz is a multi level ride, and takes advantage fo the old queue/waiting area, and the area where the screens used to be (using it for the second level of the attraction...)
    I wasn't aware that this ride had multiple levels, heck I was pretty sure that it didn't (at least according to people over at Disneyforever) I don't think Tokyo's has mutiple levels either?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Basically more like bridges and other reasons to have a height change. Not like having a total second floor....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Basically more like bridges and other reasons to have a height change. Not like having a total second floor....
    ahh interesting I can't wait to see the ride then all of this will actualy make since either that or I'll totaly forget what I'm looking for and just enjoy the attraction (that happens alot when I'm there)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

I don't think Disney funded the creation of the movies at all

the only thing they did was distribute the movies (which was a benifit back when Toy story came out and Disney's name was #1 in the kids animation market)
    Yes, but it's safe to say that recently the Pixar movies are the ones that have been creating the revenue with movie sales, toy sales, etc. Sure it's not a "Disney" creation, neither was Star Tours or Indy. The difference is, Disney did pay for the distribution rights. I for one am happy that at least something has gone in that space, and I hope it's good.

I don't think that the Buzz character is going anywhere anytime soon.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    I've heard that soft openings for Buzz will be sooner than these cast previews. A word to the wise: start hanging around tomorrowland as early as next week for some impromptu guest testing! This info comes from a very reliable source.

Sounds like we need to take a pit stop at DL next Monday on our way home from vacation. Holiday or no holiday.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I realize that. But did the circle-vision screens really take up that much space? It seems as tho they had a plethera of space on that left building. So no more circle-movies to watch because of PIXAR!
    Actually, they blew out the drywall in the building completely. Even the rounded frame of where the circle vision screens were (think of the room shape...square on the bottom near the floor and rounded near the top) was demolished. The projection rooms (which took up a decent amount of space) were also reclaimed. They have a decent amount of room in there for ride space. According to my source (who rode the attraction recently) -- it's better than the WDW version, but slightly shorter. Take that for what it's worth. I'll post a better review when I get on it.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Silly Bird?

[QUOTE=Jspider]I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

Most of us should agree that Buzz is a needed D Ticket in Tomorrowland. But this use of movie characters represents further Fantasyland Colonization throughout Disneyland, into areas prevously reserved for original concepts, and attractions based on abstract experiences (the Mountains, Circle Vision, People Mover, Rocket Rods, etc.)

Does anybody really crave a Buzz attraction, or for that matter a dark ride in Fantasyland? If Buzz is a real success, there will be three adverse narrative engines in tomorrowland (Buzz and Star Tours extremely adverse), and then a possible fourth on the way (Nemo). Is this going to be a bright beautiful tomorrow ahead, or just an amalgamation of marketeable assets beneficial to the short term?
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

[QUOTE=Mission Seagull]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

Most of us should agree that Buzz is a needed D Ticket in Tomorrowland. But this use of movie characters represents further Fantasyland Colonization throughout Disneyland, into areas prevously reserved for original concepts, and attractions based on abstract experiences (the Mountains, Circle Vision, People Mover, Rocket Rods, etc.)

Does anybody really crave a Buzz attraction, or for that matter a dark ride in Fantasyland? If Buzz is a real success, there will be three adverse narrative engines in tomorrowland (Buzz and Star Tours extremely adverse), and then a possible fourth on the way (Nemo). Is this going to be a bright beautiful tomorrow ahead, or just an amalgamation of marketeable assets beneficial to the short term?
    well technicaly Buzz wouldn't fit in Fantasyland so it's good were it is, Buzz matches the theme of a fantasy spaceport well enough, I don't see any real themed porblems with having an him presented as a literal space ranger in our tomorrowland even though it does have a different feel from Star Tours

I really don't see fantasyland as colinizing Disneyland though I do think sometimes caracters are taken a bit too far, I do worry about character collinization of DCA though

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I can second the soft opening information. My wonderful wife told me about it. We're gonna go and check it out one of those days.

I hope it's worth it. Tomorrowland should be called Nothingland because except for Star Tours, nothing is there.

• With my wife....

I'm glad to see that the space for the NASA area is finally being used for something good. As far back as I can remember, it has housed nothing but lame exhibits. I guess consolidating that area with the circlevision room will give ol' Buzz plenty of space.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    *cough*andsotheycanmarkettheheckouttaitfor99plusye ars*cough*
    Man! You may want to get that cough looked at.

Can someone describe what this ride is all about? Is it just a big laser tag? Do you ride in vehicles or in carriages like the Haunted mansion? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    Can someone describe what this ride is all about? Is it just a big laser tag? Do you ride in vehicles or in carriages like the Haunted mansion? :confused:
    you ride in vehicals on an omnimover like in the Haunted Mansion but unlike the Haunted Mansion you can control which way you face using the joystick and there is a gun on a wire that you use to shoot targets (I say on a wire because it isn't attached to the vehical like it is at WDW)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast