Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

AP2CM said
    I've heard that soft openings for Buzz will be sooner than these cast previews. A word to the wise: start hanging around tomorrowland as early as next week for some impromptu guest testing! This info comes from a very reliable source.
    Dang it! Why can't they do it this week, say, Thursday or Friday
    when I will be there!!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Actually, they blew out the drywall in the building completely. Even the rounded frame of where the circle vision screens were (think of the room shape...square on the bottom near the floor and rounded near the top) was demolished. The projection rooms (which took up a decent amount of space) were also reclaimed. They have a decent amount of room in there for ride space. According to my source (who rode the attraction recently) -- it's better than the WDW version, but slightly shorter. Take that for what it's worth. I'll post a better review when I get on it.
    I'm going to miss sitting down for 15 min. in the preshow area, then walking in and seeing those screens that surrounds you. Heck i'll even miss seeing all of those ride vehicles show up in black light painting and seeing those Rocket Rod's movies. I really wish we could still see the Circle-Vision, why couldnt they have put in what they have in WDW, the Timekeeper? (Which, does take you to Jules Verne if im not mistaking, so theres part of the Paris Discoveryland theme in WDW's TL theme)

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

I don't think Disney funded the creation of the movies at all

the only thing they did was distribute the movies (which was a benifit back when Toy story came out and Disney's name was #1 in the kids animation market)
    So how could the entertainment value be better if the character is crap? Sure, its good to have something in that space. But why couldnt they have utilized the Circle-Vision theater? It would be stupid if they put "EisnerMountain" in the sub lagoon. Sure, its providing entertainment. But the characters are STUPID

[QUOTE=Mission Seagull]
    I don't quite see the stupidity in installing a Buzz ride if it's entertainment value surpasses it's reliance on the character

Most of us should agree that Buzz is a needed D Ticket in Tomorrowland. But this use of movie characters represents further Fantasyland Colonization throughout Disneyland, into areas prevously reserved for original concepts, and attractions based on abstract experiences (the Mountains, Circle Vision, People Mover, Rocket Rods, etc.)

Does anybody really crave a Buzz attraction, or for that matter a dark ride in Fantasyland? If Buzz is a real success, there will be three adverse narrative engines in tomorrowland (Buzz and Star Tours extremely adverse), and then a possible fourth on the way (Nemo). Is this going to be a bright beautiful tomorrow ahead, or just an amalgamation of marketeable assets beneficial to the short term?
    I never craved a Buzz attraction but I guess it's better than nothing. It's true that it doesn't really "make sense" in Tomorrowland though...I don't think we'll be battling Zurg in the near future...he he That area needs something though. Even after Space Mountain opens, that whole area will only have 3 attractions (I refuse to count "new" Autopia). Perrty pathetic if ya ask me...
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    Can someone describe what this ride is all about? Is it just a big laser tag? Do you ride in vehicles or in carriages like the Haunted mansion? :confused:
    You can see a few seconds of it on the AWSEOME video of 'Tokyo Disney Resort' video that you can find here:
    http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm
    It is currently the 4th one down.

It is in the first part of the video, about the 1:55 point.

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    So how could the entertainment value be better if the character is crap? Sure, its good to have something in that space. But why couldnt they have utilized the Circle-Vision theater? It would be stupid if they put "EisnerMountain" in the sub lagoon. Sure, its providing entertainment. But the characters are STUPID
    that's just your opinion, Buzz is a very marketable character

anywho I think the reason they didn't do Timekeeper is because it became unpopular in WDW and in DLP very quickly with very few people riding it after it was no longer "new" and considering that HISTA is still a hit in WDW but here it's already "old" Disney probably figured Timekeeper wasn't worth cloning anymore, at this point I'm guessing they figured the Circlevision idea just isn't that great and that it was time to move on to newer ideas

to me at least though the Buzz Ride looks fun, a laser shooting ride is something that fits Tomorrowland rather well, it doesn't fit with the retro theme but it does fit more with the old Space Port idea (what Disney should move towards)

I do hope they print your score out on your picture though, I haven't heard of the other Buzzes doing that but it would make the ride infinatly more marketable because everyone would compete for score and rank (buying pictures for "proof" and real bragging rights)

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    You can see a few seconds of it on the AWSEOME video of 'Tokyo Disney Resort' video that you can find here:
    http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm
    It is currently the 4th one down.

It is in the first part of the video, about the 1:55 point.
    Thanks for the video! I've got to admit that it does look like fun. It'll be nice to have an interactive element to the ride.

And what about that "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride? That looked awesome! I'd like to see that at our DL.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Thanks for the video! I've got to admit that it does look like fun. It'll be nice to have an interactive element to the ride.

And what about that "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride? That looked awesome! I'd like to see that at our DL.
    yeah it looks great doesn't it , I know it'll be way better then WDW's what with being able to actualy lift the guns off the vehical

I honestly don't think Journey would fit in at DLR at least not if we didn't clone TokyoSea

I do think we'll get a ride based on Journey's technology at some point though (Journey uses the same tech as Test Track/Rocket Rods)

I'm so excited!!!

I am so excited about the mere posibility of being able to check the BUZZ ride out while on our trip Feb 23rd through March 1st. This is the first time my 3 year old twins have ever been and they're primary goal on this trip is to meet BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!

Any of these "sources" have any specific dates or times...or is one part of the day better than another to try to get on the ride.

(The twins wanted me to use the grumpy monkey)

Quote Originally Posted by boogmonster
    I am so excited about the mere posibility of being able to check the BUZZ ride out while on our trip Feb 23rd through March 1st. This is the first time my 3 year old twins have ever been and they're primary goal on this trip is to meet BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!

Any of these "sources" have any specific dates or times...or is one part of the day better than another to try to get on the ride.

(The twins wanted me to use the grumpy monkey)
    it's soft opening and they're doing testing so nothing is garanteed

it is fairly high capacity like the Haunted Mansion so once you get in line the line should move pretty fast

Well, i'm going this weekend. any chance of catching a ride? Do i just walk up and say "yo man, can I get a ride on the Buzz lightyear ride?" i just want to ride it to see how everything is different in comparison to Circle-Vision/Rocket Rod Queue.

• Baybeh!

Hope this ride doesn't hold left over budget issues of past managment! We'll see soon!

Thumbs up

it's soft opening and they're doing testing so nothing is garanteed

it is fairly high capacity like the Haunted Mansion so once you get in line the line should move pretty fast
    Thanks...It'll be interesting to see what happens

I can't wait to see that Buzz AA in person, all video of it seems to look awsome

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by boogmonster

Of course not...I tried and tried to get him to spill the beans, but Im convinced that even he doesn't know. Typically, when the park does soft-testing of an attraction (aka "ridership"), they decide THAT DAY and not before. We did the same thing for pooh before it opened. Totally random trials based on how much staff the attractions dept. could pull together on a given day. Sorry...you'll just have to get there and hope for the best, but honestly, don't EXPECT it to be open..there's just a chance.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast