Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Looks like soft openings of Buzz start March 7th

From a post over at Laughing Place...

http://www.laughingplace.com/default...0213200720&C=1

Time to start kissing up to your favorite Cast Members. Anyone want to buy me a Monte Cristo? This from the Cast Portal.

Experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Date: 02/11/2005

Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Intergalactic hero Buzz Lightyear embarks on a mission to save the universe, as a member of the Space Ranger Corps, Universe Protection Unit, it's up to you to battle the evil Emperor Zurg on an action-packed journey to "infinity and beyond!" Take command of your Star Cruiser and navigate through tricky twists and turns while firing away at colorful targets. Blast enough targets and you'll make top junior Space Ranger and maybe even save the universe!

Tickets will be available at all TEAM Centers beginning Wednesday, February 16 and will be issued based on dependency listings, while supplies last.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of A Pixar Animation Studios Film, "Toy Story 2."

"Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters."

Sounds like soft openings to me.
    Sounds like there is a good chance to check it out if you show up on those dates.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Can any Cast Members confirm this for us? I'm sure the LP source is a good one, but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Pirate Princess

That sounds great!

But I have a question: How come the attraction is described as being inspired by "Toy Story 2"? Like Buzz and Star Command weren't in the first Toy Story?? Just sounds weird to say the attraction is based on a sequel. Guess I'm just nitpicky that way. hehe.
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    That sounds great!

But I have a question: How come the attraction is described as being inspired by "Toy Story 2"? Like Buzz and Star Command weren't in the first Toy Story?? Just sounds weird to say the attraction is based on a sequel. Guess I'm just nitpicky that way. hehe.
    I'm guessing it's because you never saw anything other then Buzz in the first movie

Zurg was never shown and it seemd as though Zurg was just a generic name they pulled out to have as an enemy for Buzz

Would they open it to guests at teh SAME time they are doing the CM thing? If they are - whats the point of having the CM tickets?

• Zapp's Minion :D

Cool, thanks Darkbeer for the info!

When's the "offical" opening day?

• Disneyland Cast Member

The CM tickets are like fast passes. And I can confirm this. I'm the CM who posted this at LP. I got it off the Cast Portal and it is posted on the bulletin boards in my break area.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Cool, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    The CM tickets are like fast passes. And I can confirm this. I'm the CM who posted this at LP. I got it off the Cast Portal and it is posted on the bulletin boards in my break area.
    Gotcha.

Did they have an AP preview for the ToT? I kinda recall they did - but back then our kids were too small to go so we did not pay much attention. I ask because I wonder if they will do the same for this ride.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    Thanks Disnerd. We'd love for you to feel comfortable posting that kind of info here as well.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Well, the CM tickets could work like FASTPASSES, and the regular guests could be the standby folks. One of the reasons for these events are to test loading procedures, and verify the hourly capacity. Plus a chance to train CM's...

The official opening date is May 5th, 2005.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Cast Member

The problem is that Dark Beer types faster than I do. By the time I got over here he had my post copied over here. I think he has multiple PCs routed to the net.

• Disneyland Cast Member

Another thing about the CM tickets from the TEAM centers. They are like free sign ins.

• Quality not quantity

Please bring me up to date...

Is the "Buzz" at DLR styled after the rather primative WDW version (which was still fun) or the fancier version I hear they have in Tokyo (??)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    Please bring me up to date...

Is the "Buzz" at DLR styled after the rather primative WDW version (which was still fun) or the fancier version I hear they have in Tokyo (??)
    both versions are actualy pretty similar

but our Buzz is supposed to be more reactive like Tokyo's (maybe even more then Tokyo's is) rather then WDW's relativly non reactive targets, also ours will be like Tokyo in that both were built into Circlevision buildings so the showscenes and floorplans are very similar

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast