Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Some imagination, huh?

The Bathrooms at City Hall and Other Things

I went to Disneyland yesterday and had a great time. It was really raining, so much so that a lot of the Christmas lights went out on Main Street, so the Christmas tree was half-lit and the wreath swags above Main Street was half-lit. Anyway, so I had to go use the restrooms near City Hall when I saw the state of the doors:

Now, I'm not one to nitpick the examples of bad show around the park (especially if I'm with friends who are casual goers of the park) but this one is kind of...glaring. The men's bathroom door looks like this.

My question is how long have the doors been like this? Or are they just undergoing a repainting job and I caught it at a bad time? Or was someone just carrying a bucket of acid around and tripped?

And on another note, I saw "Golden Dreams" for the first time, because I wanted to see it before it's gone. It. Is. HILARIOUS! Seriously, I think everyone should see this just for the randomness of it. The Dorthea Lange picture was the best part, with the boys just randomly running, putting their heads on their mother's shoulder just for the picture, and then running off quite happily. And Whoopi--I mean, Califfy (or whatever), randomly appearing at each person's side. And the end song and montage! FABULOUS!

Also, we went on Mulholland Madness where we got the Highway Patrol Car! Or rather, the lortaP yawhgiH Car!

Why is it backwards?

I also watched all 20 min. of the Snow White slide show (to my friends' chagrin) just to catch one slide in which I thought Snow White was particularly pretty. It's a pretty neat slide show--they should release it as an bonus feature on one of the inevitable re-release DVDs. (I also made my friends stop so we can watch the salmon on the Big Thunder Trail, but I think they liked trying to get the salmon on camera).

This slide:

When it started to rain, we rejoiced:

And, the Hollywood Backlot actually looks prettier when it's wet:

And so does DCA's entrance:

Then we went on Soarin' where it was so empty, they filed us into rows 1 and...3. This got the British family in front of us into quite a tizzy, wondering why these strange Americans would file us into rows 1 and 3 instead of rows 1 and 2. We got really confused so we eventually got a whole row to ourselves.

And we returned to Disneyland. Here are the aforementioned trees and wreaths:

(the very last wreath at the end was totally out).

And as you know, with bad weather comes...

GREAT LINES! The CM who noticed us looking at this asked if we were going on Space Mountain, because "the time drastically changed" and swapped out the 45 min. card with a 15 min. card!

Then we walked on HMH, Jungle Cruise (a half-empty boat--JOY!!!), and Indiana Jones. Literally, walked on.

Then it was time to leave, but before we did I wanted to stop by the Court of Angels 'cause I remember how pretty it is during Christmas:

and made it in time for the Small World Holiday display. One more quick photo of the castle:

...and we were out!

• DL Nerd

Re: The Bathrooms at City Hall and Other Things

NICE TR!!!!

I have no Idea why the bathrooms are like that.

They must be going through some fixing up
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Nice trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post

Why is it backwards?
    It's backwards because when you see it in your rear-view mirror, it's forwards.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

all Highway Patrol car (CHP)
    Answer is when you are driving in you car and look into your rear view mirror,
    You can read it say Highway Patrol
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Goofy

ah beautiful pictures thanks.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Fantastic shots.

This one is amazing:

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I think that restroom door has been prepped for painting. My brother is a painter, and he told me you can't paint in the rain and cold (even if it's not exposed) because the paint won't set up right.

• Minion

What is up with that door? I hope MagicKingdomBoy is right. Other than that, the park looks great in the rain! Thanks for the great TR.

• Some imagination, huh?

Yeah I had a feeling about that. I knew that ambulances have it backwards for that purpose, but I didn't know the CHP was like that too. And that sounds like a logical explanation for the door, because it looks like it got half-sanded or something.

And I just remembered that we went on Storybook because the line was short and I think we got a new CM. We saw a boat with CMs float by and he openly yelled at them "Hey catch you after break! I wanna ride with you guys too!" which seemed somewhat unprofessional, and because of that he repeated the same "Tinkerbell is our gardener" line twice. Oh well.

And Billy Hill during Christmas is a SCREAM! Seriously, a must-see definitely.

Thanks for reading

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Niklj - Thanks for the trip report and for those great shots! I keep hoping I'll be down there one of these nights when it's raining. I love the light relfected off of the streets.

Those doors look like they were being prepped, but maybe the weather arrived before the painters could finish. So they probably opted to let the guests use them even though they're not ready to go yet. It's like Walt said...you can't let them pee in the street!

• Make it Cool

That's why in every movie you see with night shots in a city, the streets are wet. I live in Downtown LA, and they hose the streets down practically nightly for shooting. Well, not so much now with the strike and all though...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

Beautiful pictures!

• Some imagination, huh?

Aw thanks you guys. I don't know why so many people leave when it rains, because everything is covered in a beautiful glow that you don't get to see every day but...I'm not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    Aw thanks you guys. I don't know why so many people leave when it rains, because everything is covered in a beautiful glow that you don't get to see every day but...I'm not complaining!
    Thing is, I don't look so good in that glow, i.e., soaking wet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast