Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SuperDork

Question Why not incorporate DCA into DL?

Okay, pretend you have been giving the job of incorporating the two parks into one, what and how would you do it?

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Why not incorporate DCA into DL?

Incline the land on both sides up to a land bridge over the esplanade.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn
    Okay, pretend you have been giving the job of incorporating the two parks into one, what and how would you do it?
    I wouldn't. I mean no offense, but the two are completely separate things and are best experienced separately.

• CM for 4 years!

I wouldn't. It would be stupid, and a loss to the company in the long run. That would be like making Epcot and Magic Kingdom a single park. Ok, so they're not anywhere near each other, but you understand my point. I guess you could, but why would you, when separately, you can make money from separate ticket prices.

OK, so right now DCA isn't pulling in many one day only ticket purchasers, but the fact that a one day parkhopper is $76, and a one day one park is $56 gets me to thinking that losing that $20 per parkhopper isn't worth it to make them all one park.

And just because you make it all one park doesn't mean that people would pay an increased ticket price one day more than what it already is to visit the super mega theme park, Disney's California DisneyAdventureLand. I sure wouldn't pay $76 for every visit if they forced me to. I would say, sorry buckos, we're going to Knott's. Or Florida.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• The one, the only...

At one time I would have agreed with you. Just make it one park. But after thinking about it, I have changed my mind.

DCA needs a second chance! When it was built it was designed with the goal of "how cheaply can we build a park and charge full admission." The goal should have been, "how can we build a park BETTER than Disneyland." I think if Walt was around, that would have been his goal. If the re-designers for DCA approach DCA with a new attitude and much bigger budget, they can make that park a star in the Universe of amusement parks. (Right now it is the ugly step-sister to Disneyland! )

I would give DCA a second chance to become the park that it could be. I know that there are financial considerations that are valid, but I am approaching this at the presective of a guest and hope to be park designer.

Just give DCA a chance!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I would not ever want them to be one park for a variety of reasons(many of which have already been stated).................however, linking the two parks via a Skyway I think would be an exciting magical way to hop parks without all of the hassel of the esplanade.

So in short............two seperate parks but linked in such a way that for those who wish it to, it can seem like one park.
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 07-27-2005 at 07:56 AM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    I would not ever want them to be one park for a variety of reasons(many of which have already been stated).................however, linking the two parks via a Skyway I think would be an exciting magical way to hop parks without all of the hassel of the esplanade.

So in short............two seperate parks but linked in such a way that for those who wish to, it can seem like one park.
    I would go for that!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Hooterville, USA

Make it one park, and then people would go to DCA.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I wouldn't. It would hinder my ability to sell 2-day and 3-day Hoppers. Having two parks allows me to market the resort as a destination. If they were 1 park, it would be 1 day in the middle of a SoCal vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn
    Easy! Everyone would start their day in DCA. They'd have a choice to visit any land, incluinding a newly dedicated land, Disneyland!

Disneyland is quite possibly the most Californian of all the lands in DCA. It is dedicated to the ideals and hard facts that have created America. Amazingly enough, Disneyland has several sub-lands including Tomorrow-subland, Critter Country subland, and Adventure-subland. It has been said that one could spend days in Disneyland, er Disneyland Land without ever having to set foot in any other CA Adventure Land.

• FastPass n00b

I'd knock down the existing DCA structure and make it a parking lot for Disneyland so that the entire area would be one cohesive park, just like the hypothetical question required.

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

It would not be a good business decision. As for theming, Disneyland is a park based on fantasy, while Disney's California Adventure is based on reality. They were meant to be separate parks with different offerings for entertainment, rides and attractions. DCA is wonderful in its present state and will only get better.
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    I'd knock down the existing DCA structure and make it a parking lot for Disneyland so that the entire area would be one cohesive park, just like the hypothetical question required.
    Then I be parked in the Bambi section again...

• SuperDork

I agree that it wouldn't and shouldn't happen in reality, but I was just curious about peoples design ideas. Sorry!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDaniel
    Disneyland is a park based on fantasy, while Disney's California Adventure is based on reality.
    That might be the exact problem with DCA. In general people dont want to pay $56 to experience reality!!! People are, however, willing to pay that kind of cash to escape reality and live a day in fantasy! Walt recognized this... Presslar and co. did not!

How popular are history museums? exactly!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast