Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Sad News Concerning Pixar Play Parade

EP is staying at for the next year or two. at least until the new water show premieres, after that its up in the air i think.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

And don't forget that rumor of Parade of Dreams going to WDW,
    and Spectro Magic coming to DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And don't forget that rumor of Parade of Dreams going to WDW,
    and Spectro Magic coming to DLR.

I did not think Spectro Magic was going anywhere.... I know about Parade Of Dreams coming to WDW and AK getting Rivers Of Light.

And what was that about there will not be a new night parade at DCA, at least till Halloween.... ? I heard a rumor of BTY going away from WDW this year....

• Yo!

BTY? I'm drawing a blank with that one.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    BTY? I'm drawing a blank with that one.
    Sorry, Boo To You parade

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    I did not think Spectro Magic was going anywhere.... I know about Parade Of Dreams coming to WDW and AK getting Rivers Of Light.

And what was that about there will not be a new night parade at DCA, at least till Halloween.... ? I heard a rumor of BTY going away from WDW this year....
    For Mickey's Halloween Treat event in DCA they have a small parade called "trick-or-treat in the streets" one float and a few pushers. Not a big production but its a parade...

• Magic Making

MSEP floats were shipped to New York to promote the opening of Hercules. Some units were sent to Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and mostly to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, where an abridged version of the parade ran for two seasons. Most of the floats—the whirly bugs, Pete's dragon, Mr. Smee's boat, the Cinderella canopy were sent back to Anaheim. Even the Snow White mine train unit was returned. The Pinocchio unit was sent to Japan and taken apart after the parade left.

SOURCE: Mouseplanet
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-11-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: edited to add source

• Yo!

Why were some of the units sent to the overseas resorts? Which brings up another question....why on earth would any of the other units need to go to the overseas resorts? The only parade units currently missing from DEP (that weren't in the final MSEP) are the Dwarves' Mine and the entire Pinocchio collection, which were destroyed years ago.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Magic Making

Read this:

(link removed)
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-11-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: removed link

• Yo!

I'm still confused. It doesn't say why the floats went to other random resorts for no apparent reason, only to return back to DCA to perform again.

Also, I believe posting information from another site and claiming it as your own (or failing to note the source) is considered plagiarism.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• ...TWO BITS!

Glad you have a positive attitude. I know some College Programers who want to be dancers, but missed auditions, and now stuck with the positions they have now until the program is over. But yes, you'll get there eventually... keep trying and stay focused.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Magic Making

I never took it as my own. I just posted that information. Then if anyone had anything to say about it, i was going to post the site as proof.

And they were sent to those places to help them create their parades.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

When posting information from another source, name the source in your original post. Otherwise, it IS plagiarism.

Please see the following from our FAQ:
    There will be times when you want to share something you found on the Internet with your fellow MiceChatters. Sharing is indeed caring. But, please be careful - there may be hurdles for you to jump. When you post information, an image, video or audio file from another source, make sure you are not posting content that is copyrighted. Such materials being shared and distributed without the consent of the person who owns the copyrights to the item in question is not allowed. This includes pictures from other websites. If you wish to discuss a picture, post a link to the site's page that the picture is on, and not the picture itself. Always make sure that you credit the original source of information which is not your own. Finally, check the terms of the site you found the information on - they will usually explain what can and can't be shared and how it should be cited.

MiceChat reserves the right to delete content (or credit it for you), that we feel violates general copyright principles. Members are reminded to use the "Report Post" button to alert us to possible copy right infringement.

Thanks.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    And they were sent to those places to help them create their parades.
    I still don't think this is true. According to AllEars.net, their version that ran from 1999-2001 included "26 units portraying nine themes," which include everything in the original electrical parade sans Pinocchio (and possibly the Dwarves' Mine...I haven't been able to find info on it yet). This statistic is also echoed elsewhere, so unless these floats were magically reproduced somewhere along the line, I really don't see how they could've flown across the ocean to help "create their parades" when the floats never left the U.S. in the first place.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123