• Super Genius

Was Innerspace more popular during Christmas?

Since one of the icons of Christmas is snowflakes, and the theme to innerspace was, you're traveling through a snowflake and at the end, the snowflake melts. In fact, in one part you see snowflakes.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Was Innerspace more popular during Christmas?

I don't think the ride was any more popular around the holidays than any other time just because of the snowflake connection. I don't think anyone at that time really thought about the "theme" of Christmas/winter, and as I recall, Disneyland didn't do much decoration wise or promotion wise of the holidays back then.

But I do miss the ride for the campyness of it. I love Star Tours, but it would be fun to rebuild the ride with current technology.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

The ride was in Southern California. The park was mostly visited by locals back then. As one of the locals I am not sure that I even knew what snow was. Much less that it was supposed to fall on the ground! We were monre worried about what time high tide was on the 25th because we were always hoping for new surfboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Haunted Mansion Mike, back in the day, Adventure Through Inner Space was a very popular ride for one reason only and it wasn't for looking at all the snowflakes!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    The ride was in Southern California. The park was mostly visited by locals back then. As one of the locals I am not sure that I even knew what snow was. Much less that it was supposed to fall on the ground! We were monre worried about what time high tide was on the 25th because we were always hoping for new surfboards.
    This is so true. I had a hard time grasping the subject when I was a kid. I remember in elementary school we would make snowflakes out of construction paper and I spent my childhood thinking that snowflakes were these huge 5 inch diameter pieces of ice that fell from the sky. Oh well. At least as I stated in my prior post ATIS did have its advantages!

• Minion

Adventure Thru Inner Space was always popular with locals. But it didn't have much Christmas relevance.

Christmas at Disneyland in those days was more focused on Fantasy on Parade and Main Street and the Candlelight Procession, not the all-encompassing parkwide to-do of today.