*Meep Meep* - a trip report...12/20-23

This last weekend was my first trip to the resort with someone in a wheelchair, and I have to say it definitely was a pleasant experience. So because of this, I present you with...

*Meep Meep* a trip report from the perspective of a wheelchair party.

Day 1 - December 20th.

This day started early, with early entry into the park. At about 7:00am we made our way over the the monorail, and took it into the park. For some reason the monorail wasn't ready at 7:00 however, and by the time we got into Tomorrowland we were looking at a 25-30 minute wait.

However! - Praise the gods, we had an in around the madness!

Our savior for this trip.

Due to the temporarily immobile nature of my friends brother, we were able to shoot right to the front of the line, and were on the sub in less than 5 minutes. Luckily he was able to transfer, and we got our Nemo fix for the trip.

For the record, we didn't repeat it.

After Nemo, we headed into Fantasyland to hit up some teacup action before breakfast.

After the teacups we start walking towards Cafe Orleans to have the best breakfast in the resort, and what do we find waiting for us on the path between Fantasyland and Fronteirland??

That's right...The Dream Squad!!

This is the second time in two trips to the resort that we have received the dream fastpasses! I swear the dream squad is stalking us, I'm thinking of taking out a restraining order actually.

After a quick celebration dance, we continued on to breakfast in NOS, and stopped to take a few pictures.

It's really pretty there during the holidays...

After a filling and delicious Creole Eggs Benedict (which no longer comes with bacon, or potatoes standard, grrrr) we headed over to Haunted Mansion Holiday to take in the holiday sights.

...and then kind of wandered around, trying to figure out where to use our fastpasses next. Eventually we decided on Indiana Jones, where even though we had fastpasses and a wheelchair, getting into the attraction was really a chore. I never noticed how many hills that exit queue has.

After IJA my party decided to take a little break.

I was a little ticked we were resting already...

Finally we got under way, and headed over to DCA.

Quickly we knocked out Tower of Terror, but then our wheelchair bound friend decided to take another break. Well slacking off is not tolerated by anyone on a Disney Trip in our group, so we quickly kicked him into shape.

Unfortunately before we could do much more, it started to rain a bit.

Here we are modeling the new fall fashions in ponchos.

Most of the rest of day one was eaten up by a concert at the house of blues...so let's skip to...

Day 2 - December 21st

This day started super early as well. Here is the view we woke up to in our hotel room.

We meandered to the monorail around 8:00am.

I gotta say, I like the Dream Monorails. I really would prefer to have the different colored monorails, with their own identities, however those monorails are seriously haggard and aged. I think that while we wait for the new ones, these dream monorails are a step up from the older, not so fresh monorail shells.

This Morning was spent mostly in Fantasyland. I wanted to spend some time seeing the smaller attractions that I don't usually see, so here are some pictures.

I'm sorry, but the Storybook boat was so cute that I almost threw up out from cuteness overexposure. I also stopped by the hub, and the wishing well.

After this we had an early breakfast with Minnie and her pals...

After this we went back to the hotel for a nap, and to rest off the food coma, and ended up back in California Adventure later that afternoon. I decided to snap some mementos of the DCA landmarks that won't be there for too much longer.

So some of you might be wondering, why is this trip report labeled *Meep Meep*?

Well my friends and I usually take part in something we like to call...

The Hour of Power *ominous reverb*

Basically the last hour the park is open, we sprint around, and catch as many E-Tickets as possible. We were afraid that this would be impossible with a wheelchair, however we soon discovered...

...that people get the hell out of the way when they see a wheelchair barreling down on you. Throw in a few well placed *Meep Meeps* to get their attention, and you have a clear path.

There aren't many pics from the hour of power, as there are no photo breaks, pee breaks, or food breaks allowed.

However here are some pictures from the last day at the park, basically revisiting all of our favorite attractions, and getting some great photo opportunities.

Day 3 - December 21st

...tired, but no rest for the weary.

By the way, I'm not sure when this stuff got into the park, but it is AMAZING.

I thought this was kind of cool.

Alright, getting a little worn out...

Plus I think we are out of time...

All in all it was a great trip, and our friends unfortunate circumstances lead to a really great experience in the park. Not that I would suggest people go out and break their ankles before they go to the resort, but I definitely wouldn't shy away from the park just because of a little inconvenience.

Oh, and the fireworks were canceled while we were in the park. Luckily the Castle Lighting Show was AMAZING.

Until next time!!!

• Banned User

Re: *Meep Meep* - a trip report...12/20-23

Great report and photos!

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Great pictures and glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves with the *meep meep-ness*!!!
    THANKS!!

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• Goofy

nice photos thanks. merry christmas.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    After Nemo, we headed into Fantasyland to hit up some teacup action before breakfast.

That's a good idea!! You don't want to do it AFTER breakfast, if you catch my drift,

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    After the teacups we start walking towards Cafe Orleans to have the best breakfast in the resort, and what do we find waiting for us on the path between Fantasyland and Fronteirland??

That's right...The Dream Squad!!

This is the second time in two trips to the resort that we have received the dream fastpasses! I swear the dream squad is stalking us, I'm thinking of taking out a restraining order actually.
    LUCKY!!! I am so jealous!!! I want to ask how do you do it?? How DO YOU do it??!?!?!?!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Excellent trip report. Nice clear pictures and great commentary. Glad you had a great time!

Chad

• i need Disneyland!

you sure are lucky to win dream fastpasses twice! i love our pictures and our awesome comments! thanks for a great TR!!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• 1375 miles away

Nice trip report. Enjoyed the photos and commentary. Looks like your group had a great time despite the slight handicap.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-13

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great TR, your right the Monorail Picture does look great

Thanks everyone...I can't wait to go back!