View Poll Results: Which new attraction/event did you enjoy the most in 2007?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submarine: Nemo

15 34.09%
  • Pirate’s Lair

6 13.64%
  • Candy Corn Acres (DCA Halloween)

0 0%
  • Snow Castle and light show.

19 43.18%
  • Other: (explain)

4 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Just this guy......

Which new attraction/event did you enjoy the most in 2007?

We saw several changes over 2007 at the Disneyland resort. Now that you have seen them and had some time to think about them, let us know what you all thought.

The one that I was most surprised to enjoy was the Pirate’s Lair make over. The whole clean up of the island was outstanding and the effects in the cave were top notch. As much as I loved seeing the Submarine resurface, I would have to give Pirate’s Lair my 2007 gold star for best improvement of the resort.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Which new attraction/event did you enjoy the most in 2007?

Just what the suits want to hear...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Scratch that last comment -- its a little mean for Christmas. Pirates lair is nice in that its outdoors. But it was and always will be to me Tom Sawyer's Island.

• Still lost in Neverland

I also think they did a great job on bringing life back to TS/PL Island (I have trouble also in renaming the island) and all the River Traffic and people around that area now really makes it come alive again.

But for shear spectacurlaness I have to vote for the Castle Snow/Light show. I have seen it twice now and think they really pulled of something spectacular here. It does make another crowded Hub area but the final results are worth it. And despite the fact that most people are saying that the Holiday Fireworks show is unchanged, I have to disagree. I don't remember that many fireworks going off on the Castle or being launched from the Castle. Now, I didn't make it to Disneyland during Christmas last year at all, so maybe what I am remembering is from the year before that. Also the snow is much thicker than last time I was there. I was so thick that the trees in the Hub looked like they were caked in snow and it really looked wonderful. From my viewpoint looking back down Mainstreet it looked like a blizzard with heavy snowfall instead of having to strain to see the snow at all. Much better overall this year.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Just one of those days

The snow was so magical, it's hard to imagine the Disney castle without it at Christmas time. I looked back on last year's castle and this year's decor is highly superior! I can't wait until they put snow on the rooftops of Main Street. (Didn't they do that for the WDW parade when they were filming it at DL? Why didn't they just keep the snow where it was?)

• Dragons rock my socks.

I'm going to have to go with the snow on this one also.
    Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!
    Btw, I'm really not eight.

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
    I sure am creative.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I have to say...It is nice that TSI got some attention and clean up, but I didn't think a Pirate makeover was nessisary to bring the island back. I am very happy to see the subs back and running and although I admit it was fun to ride them again, I do wish there was more to the show and promised "new technology" than some CGI projections. We had great fun at DCA's Candy Corn Acres.

The winner for me though was the Castle Light show and effects. It really enhances how the castle looks at night and makes it more of an attraction rather than an elaborate show prop building. The Castle wins in my opinion.

• Banned User

I just went to Pirates Lair for the first time on Friday. It was ok, but didn't seem too different from the old Tom Sawyer Island. The Subs were absolutely horrible, sure it was nice to see them running again, but as a ride, it was nothing special. So I'd have to go with Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Another vote for the Castle Snow/light show. It's so beautiful

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

The castle lighting for me too. The first time I saw it, it took my breath away.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• =)

The DreamClouds at the entrance.

KIDDING! I can't vote, unfortunately, because I've yet to experience Nemo or the new TSI, and I only experienced the Candy Corn Acres thing through photos. My guess is that I'd end up voting for Nemo, but not because I think I would absolutely love the ride. I think I'd somewhat enjoy the ride, but the return of the subs does a few other wonderful things. Firstly, it livens up the lagoon and makes it fun and beautiful to look at again. The motion is great, and the colors just work so well. Secondly, it draws in crowds that would otherwise be filling up the queues of the attractions I ride. I'm not convinced that Nemo's actually drawing in bigger crowds to the resort...I think it's just drawing in lots of people who are already there.

I do like the snow, though it would be unacceptable for it to look exactly as it currently does next year. This was its trial run, and it had some problems--the incomplete areas and the unconvincing daytime look of the "icicles", namely. I tracked the overlay's progress online and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in person. It was very nice. But it needs to be improved next year. There's no excuse for it not to be. Finish the freaking thing next time, and if you've got the time and money, some plastic enclosures for the icicles would be nice, too.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

FNSV and snow castle....

and the announcment it self of DCA's makeover was a attraction all on its own for me

• =)

and the announcment it self of DCA's makeover was a attraction all on its own for me
    Indeed!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

To be honest, I enjoy almost all of them for different reasons.

The Castle is spectacular the first time you see it at night and all I can say is ooooh everytime I look at it. It has the wow factor.

I love Nemo too. I love the colors and theming. It's a ride that both kids and adults can enjoy and even though some say it's basic technology, I find it much more interactive and interesting than the old Submarine ride (sorry, to all the die-hards, but I found the old submarine dated and corney...please don't slay me )

Pirates Lair has brought an otherwise dead area back to life. I remember going over to TSI one day and realizing I could count on one hand how many people were over there and that after 5 minutes, there was nothing to do. Now, there's much more to see, play with, and climb. That in itself deserves kudos.

Candy Corn Acres - meh, it's cute the first time...that's about all I can say for it.

And I agree, the announcement on the makeover of DCA was exciting.

But, if I have to choose one, yes, I go with the Snow Castle too

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Wow, before the castle snow show started up everybody was saying how tacky it looked and that Disney should give Walmart back their icicles..how times have changed..I voted for The Subs return because in the end the snow will come down after the holidays and the Subs will still be there entertaining first time visitors and not jaded Micechaters...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast