Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Collision speed....FULL!

Disneyland/WDW Christmas Day Parade Special

I know it's on Channel 7 (ABC) tomorrowm, but what time does it air? I can't find any listings on it.

Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Disneyland/WDW Christmas Day Parade Special

It's on at 9am here in Sacramento. So, I assume it'll be the same throughout the West Coast.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

It is airing at 9 AM in So. Cal. on channel 7 KABC. Running time is 2 hours.

• Banned User

On the East Coast, it airs at 10am. Everywhere else it's at 9am!

• Defeats the Huns

YAY! I look forward to the WDW Christmas Day Special every year!

It's one BIG advertisement for WDW and DL, but who cares! Still love it!
    And I also love how they change the parades for the special. They put Ratatouille and Parade of Dreams floats inside the Christmas Fantasy parade! lol.

• Goofy

I can't wait to see that tomorrow.

yay, i saw myself on the special!!! we were at the very end of the miley cyrus performance. look for all the filipino peeps. thats me and my family!!! = )

• Still lost in Neverland

Overall it wasn't terrible. I enjoyed seeing that even the characters in parades now have moving eyes and mouths. How come Disneyland doesn't get these too?

Also there was a big mistake in one segment. Regis was being asked questions by Kelly about the villians at one point during the parade when a float with all the villains on it was going by. The camera would show a villain and she would ask him who it was. When the camera showed the Wicked Queen from Snow White he answered "I know that one, it's the Snow Queen". Kelly gave a funny look but said yes and went on. He did get them all right except that one, but she wouldn't call him on it.

Some of the bits they did at Disneyland were kind of lame too. They did show our castle at night with all the special lighting on so that was cool. But a lot of stuff was just clips from Disney Produced publicity stuff. The live show parts that were done here were fine for the most part, but I still don't get all the Disney Channel kids being called on to perform live. They act in TV kids shows for crying out loud. Some looked very nervous up there in front of everybody. I watched all of it though as there was nothing else on worth watching.

It used to be something special, now its just another advertising method for Disney and they just don't even do this right anymore.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Rather Be At Disneyland

The Wicked Queen from Snow White IS called the Snow Queen.. since she was never named in the movie that's what Disney calls her.

The High School Musical Kids and Hannah Montana should be perfectly used to performing in front of people.. especially Hannah Montana since she just got done with a tour and the HSM crew do all kinda of promotions like that. They're actors, they're used to the spotlight.

• Collision speed....FULL!

This year's show was really lame. I use to tape the special every year because of all the cool bits of behind the scenes they use to have. This show, however, was not worth taping at all. At least I got Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic for Christmas so that made up for it!

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Overall it wasn't terrible. I enjoyed seeing that even the characters in parades now have moving eyes and mouths. How come Disneyland doesn't get these too?
    The part with Santa Goofy WAS filmed at Disneyland, so he was flaoting around in California for a day or so! Otherwise, what would Disneyland need them for? It's not like they have a singing and dancing show with the Fab Five.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    The part with Santa Goofy WAS filmed at Disneyland, so he was flaoting around in California for a day or so! Otherwise, what would Disneyland need them for? It's not like they have a singing and dancing show with the Fab Five.
    Well goofy talks in xmas fantasy and so do mickey/minnie, we could have easily used them

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    The Wicked Queen from Snow White IS called the Snow Queen.. since she was never named in the movie that's what Disney calls her.
    I have never heard that...

She has been officially called "The Evil Queen" by Disney in the past. Sometimes, she is the "Wicked Queen". However, I have never heard her being called the Snow Queen, since that would make no sense whatsoever for her character. If Disney has done this, there really is no rationale behind it. Snow White was born of a good king and his queen. The queen chose to name the child Snow White. The queen died and the king remarried. Thus, the NEW queen was the stepmother of Snow White. This would mean that there would be no connection to the Queen and snow, other than the fact that Snow White was her much hated and abused step-daughter. I also think the Queen, herself, would resent being called the Snow Queen, as she detests Snow White. Just my thoughts.

The Snow Queen is from a fairytale by HC Anderson written in the 19th century.

• Goofy

Well I didn't watch it but it sounds like not much at all to see on abc except for the castle.

• Still lost in Neverland

I too have never heard of the Evil/Wicked Queen being referred to as The Snow Queen. I don't think she would like any reference to Snow anyway because of Snow White being so disliked by her. Maybe Ice Queen by those who dared because she was so cold and heartless toward her step daughter, Snow White.

I was thinking of the Parades as unfortunately, Disneyland has seen fit in it's infinite wisdom to take the wonderful Big Thunder Ranch Theater and turn it into a petting zoo and corporate gathering area, and the old Carnation Gardens area for nothing more than bands and high school groups (they used to do some amazing small shows in that area, shame for not doing them anymore) and the biggest shame of all, turning the Fantasyland theater (which did broadway worthy shows) into a Princess Makeover just to cash in on this current fad for little girls. I think they do have the characters talk enough out here for special events where they come out and make announcement or introduce somebody, and stuff like that, plus all the talking they do in some of the parades. These new technology heads would be very useful out here for a variety of things.

Yes, the High School Musical kids and Hannah Montana are used to this, but I just don't see what dragging all them out to Disneyland or The Magic Kingdom has to do with anything other than to promote their shows or movies. I know they have always done this, but not to the degree they do it now. Just my opinions anyway. Josh Groban was the only singer on that show who had a decent voice and actually sang a real Christmas Carol. We did have the TV turned off while we ate breakfast so maybe I missed someone else, but he is very good and it really showed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast