View Poll Results: Do you want the People Mover Back At DL!

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

149 88.17%
  • No

20 11.83%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: People Mover

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: People Mover

The PM cannot return, so tear down the visible track supports and free up some desperately needed walking room in TL to compensate for the brilliant placement of the Astro Orbiter (or whatever the Hell they call that poorly conceived roadblock-of-an-attraction).

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I am completely convinced that Fo'C owns a demolition company.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Oh, dear god, I hope not! Otherwise, the DL we know and love might not exist for much longer!

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

^^The question is, is his last name Tutor or Saliba? (Sorry if this question is too SoCal)
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   

Just a garage-full of dynamite--I have not yet formed a company to justify the ungodly amount of explosives I am storing next to the Christmas decorations.

*note to Homeland Security: I keed, I keed--note the winky-thing*

•   

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Oh, dear god, I hope not! Otherwise, the DL we know and love might not exist for much longer!

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    ^^The question is, is his last name Tutor or Saliba? (Sorry if this question is too SoCal)
    HEY!!! I like building stuff, too...
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 12-27-2007 at 10:45 AM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Just a garage-full of dynamite--I have not yet formed a company to justify the ungodly amount of explosives I am storing next to the Christmas decorations.

*note to Homeland Security: I keed, I keed--note the winky-thing*
    Wow. I knew you thought some of these rides were bombs, but I never thought....

• RedPlum on the Rocks

The People Mover Rocked! I loved going on that as a kid! I often wonder what they are going to do with those tracks. Granted they make for good shelter on a rainy day...but still....i hope they bring it back someday!!

• Imaginative Possibilities

Ideas are being thrown around for the track by imagineering...but personally the track could be of better use, Rocket Rods were a great idea. The Peoplemover belongs in EPCOT...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

See I must have been going to a totally different DL for the last 40+ years, For the last act of the ride PM was a bad trip through Tronland. And you have more chance today to win the night at the Disney Gallery than you did to get a ride on the Rocket Rods. A ride that was usually broken and lasted only a short while does not equate to a great idea. A great idea is a ride that works reliably and is entertaining. The main mistake with RRs was that a grownup did not stand up and say "This will not work". And they would have been right. My thought about Disney at this point is that not enough people who should know better do not stand up and say this is a bad idea that will not work well. Instead we get things like $175M worth of flat screen televisions through a view box.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Disneyland TechnoWeinie

Smile Re: People Mover

I know this is a little late in this thread, but tonight at dinner we were "armchair imagineering" what would be a good replacement for the PeopleMover track.

To preface, understand I've been going to DL for 40+ years, and at least for me, PeopleMover was always dud, the attempt at Super-Speed tunnel (or whatever it was called) was a more like "Super Snooze tunnel", and that Tron thing...What were they thinking? "Oh yay, that movie was a disaster, lets theme a "disaster-of-a-ride" to it!! You just have to shake your head at some of these decisions the execs make...

And that whole thing with "Innoventions" and "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" has just got to get replaced, but we'll save that for another thread. It seems DL has always had trouble really making Tomorrowland pull together. Mission to Mars and Adventure thru Inner Space were OK - for their time.

I know, I know, the PeopleMover has a lot of sentimental value for a lot of people, but maybe we can come up with something new in the "Spirit of PeopleMover" - A futuristic way to transport people around. Without being 18 minutes of snore time. Something that would appeal to a lot of age groups.

Here's some of what we came up with:

1. Disney buys rights to Polar Express: A cool airtube ride that zips in and out of the buildings and drops down into the water over by the old motorboat cruise...

2. Disney buys rights to "Robots": Maybe you sit in a giant marble-like vehicle that rolls along rails.

3. Or, like #2, the rails are like a giant Wheel-O and you roll along and reverse course in a couple spots. Tie into Toy Story / Buzz Lightyear stuff. Maybe Wheel-O's are too Yesterland, though.

4. Make a "green" solar-powered ride. Perfect for fans who want a slower-paced trip around Tomorrowland. Maybe they are GoreBuggies or Al-Mobiles or something. It would be totally the future and totally politically correct, so I figure the Management would go for it. The whole point is a transport system that powers itself.

What are your ideas???

• Sock Puppet

i am sensing something would be announced later this year or early next year regarding the incredipods be placed on the peoplemover track

• Vroom, vroom!

I think that people mover could make a good comeback if the do the following...

1 magnetic drive like in wdw
    2 a little t.v. on the side with no seat to show inturesting things about the ride you are passing through ie "and here is the tomorrowland mural it has changed over the years and in the past has looked like this show mary blair mural and this show the 1998 mural and now it looks as you see it now

3 shorten the part where you are out in nothing to see land you know over the lake and trees cause thats a crappy part
    4 make the cars neat looking instead of square
    5 put astro jets up above so its out ov the way again its too in the way
    6 no more tron sceine (sp) i like tron but that was a waste of ride
    and finally windows into the rides or buildings you are in must be reopend
    in addition it wouldent hurt to put little dim lights on the rockets in back of space mountain cars so when the PM goes through you can see the trains moving allong.
    thats it thanks for listening! ^_^
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    I think that people mover could make a good comeback if the do the following...

1 magnetic drive like in wdw
    2 a little t.v. on the side with no seat to show inturesting things about the ride you are passing through ie "and here is the tomorrowland mural it has changed over the years and in the past has looked like this show mary blair mural and this show the 1998 mural and now it looks as you see it now

3 shorten the part where you are out in nothing to see land you know over the lake and trees cause thats a crappy part
    4 make the cars neat looking instead of square
    5 put astro jets up above so its out ov the way again its too in the way
    6 no more tron sceine (sp) i like tron but that was a waste of ride
    and finally windows into the rides or buildings you are in must be reopend
    in addition it wouldent hurt to put little dim lights on the rockets in back of space mountain cars so when the PM goes through you can see the trains moving allong.
    thats it thanks for listening! ^_^
    What you consider the "crappy part" was always my favorite part. And when they had Two Autopias, the moter boat cruise, the skyway the subs and the monorail all running in conjunction, I felt it was very exciting... A world on the move. So we agree to disagree.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I tend to wish for things that are possible. Peoplemover - possible/ Skyway - not possible.
    I'm in the same motorboat. I really don't care to see another skyway (though i loved it)... it's so not coming back.

People Mover... the track is still there and improves the notion of a land of tomorrow. It would also eat up a lot of fastpass holders who are crowding the walkways. It has a dual purpose.

And yes, my hopes for the people mover would include the return of the Rocket Jets in its original location. That would be a better tomorrow indeed!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast