View Poll Results: Do you want the People Mover Back At DL!

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

149 88.17%
  • No

20 11.83%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People Mover

• we have a 101...

Talking People Mover

I was just at the resort and couldn't stop staring at the old people mover track. Does anybody know of any plans for the track?? Or just share what you think should go there.

I think a simple fix would be to just fix the track up so they can just add a similiar ride to the TTA like in Flordia. Just add some music and mabye some spots of speed. Perhaps through the area between Star Wars and Space Mountian. Then fast down the Hill right over Autopia line, then slow it down to a reasonable speed for the rest of the ride.

Please vote and share your thoughts and Ideas.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: People Mover

I did hear that there are plans afoot to bring it back. Hopefully they add some special effects in the tunnels (not the Tron type things, but more along the lines of what Tony Baxter wanted for Rocket Rods but was not able to do because of Paul Pressler's constant budget cuts. I would welcome back a nice leisurely ride through Tomorrowland, as long as they can figure out a way to keep stupid people from jumping from one car to another to impress a peer. Stupid idiots! I was a nice relaxing ride and it was fun to go through the various ride buildings and look into them. But today's audience is going to want more, though not a thrill ride for sure. Just something to keep them occupied.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Fancy that...

.. yeah I'd like the PM back in DL, never got to ride it.. or rocket rods..that I remember. but so here's what i'd do as opposed to the rumored "incredipods". bring them back but put in little T.V.'s in them and make them look like pods. then the tunnels would be the same but seriously updated. uh.. that's pretty much it but I just realy hope they don't bring it back with something pixar, expecialy(sp) the Incredibles wich have no "futuristicness" to it at all

• =)

WDI wants to put something up there. The big problem is the lack of banked turns, which were half of the reason the Rocket Rods ended up needing to be shut down. (The other half was the horrible Pressler-era budget.) There are three ways to deal with the non-banked turns:

1. Bank the turns on the track.
    2. Create a fast ride that slows down before the turns. That worked well, didn't it?
    3. Create a slow ride that doesn't need to slow down. And that's what this thread is all about.

My vote is for--and money is on--an intermediate between the PeopleMover and the Rocket Rods. Medium-fast. Not so slow that today's adrenaline-addicted guests get fatally bored, but not so fast that Grandma can't ride it or worse, the track can't take it. Banked turns ain't gonna happen.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Tomorrowland needs some action. Put something, but don't run out of money and do a poor job half way through.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I def. vote for the return of the PM!!

I had an idea just now regarding how to "spruce up" some of the dead areas of the track- the PM system shouldn't always rely on the on-board narration to explain what's going on. AA figures could be added at different spots and use those to narrate, or explain the attraction you're going through.

i.e.: while traveling through the Star Tours Spaceport, have a droid AA fig. where he could tell you about the different excursions that Star Tours is offering, and explain that the most popular destination is the moons of Endor, and that flights regularly leave for there. Perhaps time this addition to go along with the new ST 2.0, and put one of the old Cpt. Rex AA figures there to do the "sales pitch", if you will (for the new destinations, of course).

Later, while going through the Carousel Theater, have an Asimo AA explain what Innoventions and the Home of the Future (Micosoft's new exhibit downstairs) are. Why Asimo? Well, he is on the cutting edge of Tomorrow, if you will; and is already in Innoventions, so then there would be a slight preview of what you can see in Innoventions, giving the narration (thus creating synergy, I think? Make sense? ). Also, open the windows into the Carousel Theater back up, so to go along with the spiel from Asimo, guests will also get to see what he is talking about.

Finally, in the Buzz Lightyear building, have a Buzz Lightyear AA figure (like the one in the queue) try to recruit new Space Rangers (us, the guests) and let us see some of the adventures we would experience, by way of the newly re-opened windows looking into the show building universe of Buzz Lightyear.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    WDI wants to put something up there. The big problem is the lack of banked turns, which were half of the reason the Rocket Rods ended up needing to be shut down. (The other half was the horrible Pressler-era budget.) There are three ways to deal with the non-banked turns:

1. Bank the turns on the track.
    2. Create a fast ride that slows down before the turns. That worked well, didn't it?
    3. Create a slow ride that doesn't need to slow down. And that's what this thread is all about.

My vote is for--and money is on--an intermediate between the PeopleMover and the Rocket Rods. Medium-fast. Not so slow that today's adrenaline-addicted guests get fatally bored, but not so fast that Grandma can't ride it or worse, the track can't take it. Banked turns ain't gonna happen.
    yeah I heard that was ridiculously(sp) expensive (banked turns)

• Hooterville, USA

What is this Peoplemover that you speak of?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• no flash photography...

The people mover was never my favorite ride, but i would rather have something there than the empty lifeless track.

• "I Break Things"

yeaaaaaah... looked at my calender and realized it is that time of the month for a new I love PM please bring it back thread!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I asked Santa for a new People Mover and all I got was Ed Grier in my stocking....
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    yeaaaaaah... looked at my calender and realized it is that time of the month for a new I love PM please bring it back thread!
    yeah, the search feature must not be working well., but then again I never have much luck with ti either.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I would prefer that the PM not come back. Yes I would like the empty track to either idsappear or have some type of vehicle put on the track but the people mover is not coming back in its old form and a CAL-OSHA approved vehicle would just be putting lipstick on a pig. If they want to build a new vehicle with an added degree of freedom (ability to spin) go for it, build a good story around it and open the tracks. But the question was do you want the PM back and I say no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Animatronic

I really like the open air vehicles and casual, overhead tour of Tomorrowland. But then I liked the Skyway and the Mike Fink Keel Boats. Of course the enjoyment of such rides depends on having cool stuff to look at. For the People Mover to really return, they'd want to make sure there was a peek through to Buzz, Space Mountain, Innoventions, and the other rides. Now that I think about it, they might want to make Innoventions into a ride worth peeking at as well.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I miss the old People mover just as much as having the Rocket Jets up on top of its loading area... there was a certain thrill about riding the rocket jets when they were up so high... but The people mover was a nice and relaxing tour around Tomorrowland and served as a way to look inside some of the attractions and get a good view of everything... not to mention the cheesy 70's music that played (it sounded like one of those 60's or 70's gameshow music things) as you would go around tomorrow land... The early 90's when people mover was still there was some awesome memories as a child not to mention back then there was lots of skyway memories too... now its just a barren track with nothing on it because the Rocket Rods were a complete failure, but they were lots of fun, I remember waiting 90 minutes to 2 hours just to ride them and having the inside que switchback through the entire circlevision building... had WDI had been given the proper budget to do everything right we would still have the Rocket Rods today and still would have the circlevision intact since it would be part of the que... because IMO Buzz lightyear does not do that building Justice as long as there is nothing on the People Mover track... I would settle for anything on there just having the loading area and track used again... but as we all know the people mover will never be back in its original form.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast