Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: New Year's Day Crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisguy74 View Post
    The 14 month old may or may not like HM. You are getting to a tricky age because things they might not mind the previous week or month, they all of a sudden don't like.
    Yep, it's usually not the first time that's a problem, it's the second or third time when they've figured out where they are and suddenly remember "HEY! I HATE THIS!"

Jungle Cruise is always a good place to start, since it's not dark.

OT: I see several new people posting in here- Welcome to MiceChat!
    A signature should go here.

As native East Coasters and friends of native east coasters here in LA, we all get together to celebrate New YORK Eve at 9pm. We then go to bed and wake up at the crack of dawn to hit The Park at opening.

It's empty until afternoon. So stay away

• Evil Queen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Not too sure how she would take HMH as it is toned down from regular HM. But in either case also keep in mind the ghosts who pop out from behind the tombstones. That also frightens many children.

But if your child feels frightened even in the very least, please do not force her to go on the ride. This goes for HM or any other ride no matter how tame it might appear to you.

And welcome to Micechat!
    True Story!
    I don't think I'll start her off on HM, but my kid is CRAZY. She doesn't mind being thrown around, my husband loves to scare her and she belly laughs, and she laughs every time a kid her age cries (my kid is sadistic).

I think we'll start with FL and move up from there

I can't wait until she is old enough for the Mts.

I would never force her into doing anything she doesn't want to. I remember my cousins taking me on Space Mt. as a 5 year old at WDW, and how much that freaked me out.

I just have to find a good time to take her. I might have to come to the fact she may not be able to go on Small World until she is 2. I just want to see her face.

I wish I could be there NYE, I don't care how crazy it is. Have fun for all who are going. I would love to hear a full report.

• DLR

1/1/08

Hey MC'ers, I am planning on going to Disneyland on January 1st, but of course I have to ask, what can expect and how busy will it be? I remember going last Jan 1st and it was a nice time to go, a partial to no rainy day.

Thanks
    Last edited by CPTNMatt; 12-30-2007 at 12:21 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: 1/1/08

I am to understand that December 31 is the worst day of the entire year to spend at Disneyland... so shall we assume that everyone is soo pissed off from the night before they all stay at home or in their hotel rooms and the park is DEAD on Jan 1?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Future Indy Castmember

I went on New Years Day in 2006 and it wasn't bad at all. Rain kicked in around the afternoon and Christmas Fantasy, Fantasmic! and RDCT were cancelled. Everyone left after the cancellation announcements kicked in. But yeah I have to agree with everyone else here. Go in the morning because people will wake up around noon and head into the park in the afternoon.

And pray it'll rain.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thisguy74 View Post
    Definitely go in the morning NYDay. I went two years ago and the crowds were light, but picked up later in the day.

The 14 month old may or may not like HM. You are getting to a tricky age because things they might not mind the previous week or month, they all of a sudden don't like.

My son is now almost 27months. He previously would go on everything including HM and POTC. Then all of a sudden he became more aware of his surroundings and HM frightened him in the summer. Then POTC and now even the dark rides in fantasyland that have flashing lights to replicate lightning (everything but Peter pan and Toad) frighten him.

I would give it a shot on the rides and if your little one doesn't do well on HM maybe skip pirates. Gauge as you go since each child is different.

I think that in terms of scary in fantasyland I would order them scariest to easiest (dark rides only)

Snow White (it has scary in its title)
    Pinnochio
    Mr. Toad
    Alice
    Peter Pan

Remember that the carrousel and IASM are childhood favorites!!!
    This is interesting. My son is 14 1/2 months old.......and he's been on Haunted Mansion - and he did tense up a little bit, but didnt' seem too phased by it. We've taken him on every ride in Fantasyland except Mr. Toad....and he seemed pretty ok - yes, even Mad Tea Party....which he seemed to really enjoy. He's also been on Buzz Lightyear and Autopia....both he enjoyed.

I guess it's just each child to his/her own.

Re: 1/1/08

Our church has come up with a special event for the high school group this year. They're taking them all to Knotts on NYE for the night, back to the church to sleep for a few hours and then loading them on buses at 7 am to take them all to DL New Years morning. Should be interesting. I told my daughter to call me when she "crashes" and I'll pick her up, they plan on staying all day.

What about January 2nd? I am considering going Wednesday.
    CAdisneymumma~deluxe AP holder

Re: New Year's Day Crowds? (Merged threads)

Very high winds are forecasted for New Years eve, 30 mph ground level, 40 to 50 mph at 1,000 feet. It is my bet that there will be no fireworks at Disneyland for new years eve due to the high winds.

• Imaginative Possibilities

I second that projection...people will not be happy
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Anyone going to DL on NYE?? Let me know. I have to work most of the afternoo, but am off around 7:30 P.M. Someone PM me to exchange phone numbers and save me a place in front of the castle. I will bring Apple cider!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12