Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• PoTC Addicted

begging to be let in the door at 33 Royal

Question New Year's Day Crowds? (Merged threads)

Question for everyone. I have never gone to the park on a holiday and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how busy I could expect it to be on New Year's Day. I know NYE is crazy insanity, but wasn't sure about the next day. Thoughts?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: New Year's Day Crowds?

There will be at least 28 people there. Guaranteed!

• In the failsafe box

Expect maximum capacity of DL by 3pm.

I spent NYE at the resort last year. I made the mistake of showing up at opening and then at about 5 o'clock, going to check in to the Hilton and then taking a nap until about 8 pm. We went back around 9 pm well-rested, hoping to ring in the new year in the happiest place on earth. When we arrived, Disneyland was no longer allowing anyone else in to the park. We had to spend the countdown in DCA. Total disappointment. I mean, not a total loss... but definitely still a rookie mistake.

If you want to be there for the countdown, if I had do to it again, I would get in to the park before 3 pm and don't leave the park until after midnight. If you leave you might not make it back in.

I was bummed. The only thing that buoyed my spirits was room service strawberries and champagne.
    Last edited by FrameDragger; 12-26-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: i hate typos

• no flash photography...

In the past New years day has been kind of slow when I went, but I have heard no passes are blocked out that day, so I would expect crowds. This year I will stay home.

Exclamation Re: New Year's Day Crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDessie View Post
    I know NYE is crazy insanity, but wasn't sure about the next day. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by FrameDragger View Post
    Expect maximum capacity of DL by 3pm.

I spent NYE at the resort last year.
    Might want to actually read the post before you reply... they were asking about New Year's Day, not Eve.
    -Wes

• In the failsafe box

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Might want to actually read the post before you reply... they were asking about New Year's Day, not Eve.
    Wow, I have to quit speed reading. Sorry.

This might not help much, but I went to the Magic Kingdom on Jan 1, 2000, at opening, and it was amazingly empty until noon.

Picked up after that.

• Evil Queen in Training

Hi Dessie!!! I signed up!
    This was my questions Thanks for some great answers. I have a 14 month old we would like to take to DL for the first time.

Another Question:

Haunted Mansion, too scary for 14 month old? Yes or No? I'm worried about the "stretching room" part. I think she would have fun in the rest.

The Dessie knows her, what do you think?

• Bucket List Car

Quote Originally Posted by Maddies Mommy View Post

Another Question:

Haunted Mansion, too scary for 14 month old? Yes or No? I'm worried about the "stretching room" part. I think she would have fun in the rest.

I took my 15 month son on HMH two years ago; he did just fine. I kept my hands over his ears in the stretching room just in case any screams might have frightened him. He didn't seem to get afraid, but then again he was quite young. I'd vote for yes.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Maddies Mommy View Post
    Hi Dessie!!! I signed up!
    This was my questions Thanks for some great answers. I have a 14 month old we would like to take to DL for the first time.

Another Question:

Not too sure how she would take HMH as it is toned down from regular HM. But in either case also keep in mind the ghosts who pop out from behind the tombstones. That also frightens many children.

But if your child feels frightened even in the very least, please do not force her to go on the ride. This goes for HM or any other ride no matter how tame it might appear to you.

And welcome to Micechat!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    This might not help much, but I went to the Magic Kingdom on Jan 1, 2000, at opening, and it was amazingly empty until noon.

Picked up after that.
    That's because the AA's computer systems were not Y2K-fixed, and they killed all the guests that entered until about 11AM, when the Imagineers finally corrected the problem.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• What about the Rum?

Im going on NYE I plan on not leaving the parks however which park puts on the best shows? I heard a lot of people tell me DCA is actually really cool for NYE with live shows and the fireworks are good to however Im such a sucker for DL I dunno anyone got a good idea or game plan that me and my friends can copy

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Go on New Year's Day right at opening and you'll have a lot of fun doing everything you wanna do in no time at all.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Former Cast Member

Definitely go in the morning NYDay. I went two years ago and the crowds were light, but picked up later in the day.

The 14 month old may or may not like HM. You are getting to a tricky age because things they might not mind the previous week or month, they all of a sudden don't like.

My son is now almost 27months. He previously would go on everything including HM and POTC. Then all of a sudden he became more aware of his surroundings and HM frightened him in the summer. Then POTC and now even the dark rides in fantasyland that have flashing lights to replicate lightning (everything but Peter pan and Toad) frighten him.

I would give it a shot on the rides and if your little one doesn't do well on HM maybe skip pirates. Gauge as you go since each child is different.

I think that in terms of scary in fantasyland I would order them scariest to easiest (dark rides only)

Snow White (it has scary in its title)
    Pinnochio
    Mr. Toad
    Alice
    Peter Pan

Remember that the carrousel and IASM are childhood favorites!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    That's because the AA's computer systems were not Y2K-fixed, and they killed all the guests that entered until about 11AM, when the Imagineers finally corrected the problem.
    But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast