So I took a vacation to Korea over winter vacation, visited some cultural places, some resorts, and also Lotte World. Lotte World, for those of you who care, is the largest indoor amusement park in the world. It's located at the heart of Seoul, the capital of South Korea, so naturally it's very compact.
Well, I went to Lotte World, and they had this new ride called 'Pharaoh's Fury'. It was described as 'an exciting adventure thru the pharaoh's kingdom as an adventure unfolds consisting of scary scenes and realistic effects'. And once I got to the loading area...
THE RIDE SYSTEM WAS THE EXACT SAME AS INDY!
Trust me, the similarities are more than uncanny. I'm going to point out the similarities as best I can in literature form:
1. Exact same queue line. They both wind thru an archaeologist's office, both take place in the same time setting, and both feature a preshow with a simmulated newsreel.
2. Same bridge sequence. The rope bridge is duplicated almost exactly, the only difference being that snakes destroy the bridge.
3. Same arrow-shooting sequence. Same effects, and as far as I can tell, same vehicle movements.
4. Same 'headlight' sequence. The headlights flicker on, illuminating bugs on the wall ahead. Only in Lotte World's case, there were also real spiders suspended on webs.
5. Same boulder sequence. The EXACT SAME boulder sequence, only in this case it is just a projection on a mist. But it is definite beyond doubt were the idea came from.
6. Same ride vehicles. The styling of the ride vehicles are very much similar, except for the fact that these vehicles only have two rows each.
And unless I am VERY MUCH mistaken, the tracks remained smooth while the car was bucking and pitching all over the place. Which signifies that a simulator system was at work.
Try looking it up yourself, just google 'Lotte World Pharaoh's Fury'. I also took an on-ride video (w/o permission ), but unfortunately it was too blurry.
I was extremely surprised at the level of cloning going on on this attraction, but the quality itself was very high for South Korean standards. However, this was mainly due to the fact that it was cloned from Indiana Jones. And trust me, I could not stop marveling at the similarities between the two attractions.
PS. Also, another attraction, the Jungle Expedition (a raft ride), features elements of Indy as well. In the queue, there is a child wearing a ball cap which is DEFINITELY Short Round from the Temple of Doom.
PPS. On the 'Voyages of Sindbad' river ride, there are elements of Haunted Mansion. It even features the 'moving busts' that are created by concave statues seen in the queue for HM, which I am sure are patented. Madame Leota makes an appearance as well.
In the whole, I could not stop marvelling at the amount of cloning taking place in this theme park. I can only ask the members to see for themselves, if anyone has a chance to visit. You will be astounded.