Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Indiana Jones clone discovered in Korea

So I took a vacation to Korea over winter vacation, visited some cultural places, some resorts, and also Lotte World. Lotte World, for those of you who care, is the largest indoor amusement park in the world. It's located at the heart of Seoul, the capital of South Korea, so naturally it's very compact.

Well, I went to Lotte World, and they had this new ride called 'Pharaoh's Fury'. It was described as 'an exciting adventure thru the pharaoh's kingdom as an adventure unfolds consisting of scary scenes and realistic effects'. And once I got to the loading area...

THE RIDE SYSTEM WAS THE EXACT SAME AS INDY!

Trust me, the similarities are more than uncanny. I'm going to point out the similarities as best I can in literature form:

1. Exact same queue line. They both wind thru an archaeologist's office, both take place in the same time setting, and both feature a preshow with a simmulated newsreel.

2. Same bridge sequence. The rope bridge is duplicated almost exactly, the only difference being that snakes destroy the bridge.

3. Same arrow-shooting sequence. Same effects, and as far as I can tell, same vehicle movements.

4. Same 'headlight' sequence. The headlights flicker on, illuminating bugs on the wall ahead. Only in Lotte World's case, there were also real spiders suspended on webs.

5. Same boulder sequence. The EXACT SAME boulder sequence, only in this case it is just a projection on a mist. But it is definite beyond doubt were the idea came from.

6. Same ride vehicles. The styling of the ride vehicles are very much similar, except for the fact that these vehicles only have two rows each.

And unless I am VERY MUCH mistaken, the tracks remained smooth while the car was bucking and pitching all over the place. Which signifies that a simulator system was at work.

Try looking it up yourself, just google 'Lotte World Pharaoh's Fury'. I also took an on-ride video (w/o permission ), but unfortunately it was too blurry.

I was extremely surprised at the level of cloning going on on this attraction, but the quality itself was very high for South Korean standards. However, this was mainly due to the fact that it was cloned from Indiana Jones. And trust me, I could not stop marveling at the similarities between the two attractions.

PS. Also, another attraction, the Jungle Expedition (a raft ride), features elements of Indy as well. In the queue, there is a child wearing a ball cap which is DEFINITELY Short Round from the Temple of Doom.

PPS. On the 'Voyages of Sindbad' river ride, there are elements of Haunted Mansion. It even features the 'moving busts' that are created by concave statues seen in the queue for HM, which I am sure are patented. Madame Leota makes an appearance as well.

In the whole, I could not stop marvelling at the amount of cloning taking place in this theme park. I can only ask the members to see for themselves, if anyone has a chance to visit. You will be astounded.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: Indiana Jones clone discovered in Korea

Any pictures?
    Class of 2005...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I might have a YouTube video up soon, but it's a little blurry. You can still see the major points though. I'll have it up when I'm back from vacation.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    So I took a vacation to Korea over winter vacation, visited some cultural places, some resorts, and also Lotte World. Lotte World, for those of you who care, is the largest indoor amusement park in the world. It's located at the heart of Seoul, the capital of South Korea, so naturally it's very compact.

Well, I went to Lotte World, and they had this new ride called 'Pharaoh's Fury'. It was described as 'an exciting adventure thru the pharaoh's kingdom as an adventure unfolds consisting of scary scenes and realistic effects'. And once I got to the loading area...

THE RIDE SYSTEM WAS THE EXACT SAME AS INDY!

Trust me, the similarities are more than uncanny. I'm going to point out the similarities as best I can in literature form:

1. Exact same queue line. They both wind thru an archaeologist's office, both take place in the same time setting, and both feature a preshow with a simmulated newsreel.

2. Same bridge sequence. The rope bridge is duplicated almost exactly, the only difference being that snakes destroy the bridge.

3. Same arrow-shooting sequence. Same effects, and as far as I can tell, same vehicle movements.

4. Same 'headlight' sequence. The headlights flicker on, illuminating bugs on the wall ahead. Only in Lotte World's case, there were also real spiders suspended on webs.

5. Same boulder sequence. The EXACT SAME boulder sequence, only in this case it is just a projection on a mist. But it is definite beyond doubt were the idea came from.

6. Same ride vehicles. The styling of the ride vehicles are very much similar, except for the fact that these vehicles only have two rows each.

And unless I am VERY MUCH mistaken, the tracks remained smooth while the car was bucking and pitching all over the place. Which signifies that a simulator system was at work.

Try looking it up yourself, just google 'Lotte World Pharaoh's Fury'. I also took an on-ride video (w/o permission ), but unfortunately it was too blurry.

I was extremely surprised at the level of cloning going on on this attraction, but the quality itself was very high for South Korean standards. However, this was mainly due to the fact that it was cloned from Indiana Jones. And trust me, I could not stop marveling at the similarities between the two attractions.

PS. Also, another attraction, the Jungle Expedition (a raft ride), features elements of Indy as well. In the queue, there is a child wearing a ball cap which is DEFINITELY Short Round from the Temple of Doom.

PPS. On the 'Voyages of Sindbad' river ride, there are elements of Haunted Mansion. It even features the 'moving busts' that are created by concave statues seen in the queue for HM, which I am sure are patented. Madame Leota makes an appearance as well.

In the whole, I could not stop marvelling at the amount of cloning taking place in this theme park. I can only ask the members to see for themselves, if anyone has a chance to visit. You will be astounded.
    Wonder if the Indy and Haunted Mansion ride clones include similar music - with just a few notes changed here and there.

Lotte World is likely owned by the Korean government, rather than a private company. Shows you how raunchy and crude government is when it attempts to go into business for itself.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Hope to see lots of pictures to! I am excited to see them all .

• Circle of Ancients

When I was in the Phillipinnes they had a Peter Pan walk-through, a Lion King ride, a snow white ride, etc.

But Lotte World is a major theme park ... not Star City in Manila.

While the queue doesn't really remind me of Indy, I can deffinately see how the ride does. So many fire effects in their ride, I wish we could get that much fire on Indy.

• Banned User

A trip organized by Themeparkreview.com visited Lotte World in September. Robb Alvey hasn't posted the trip report yet, but when he does we'll see if he mentions the similarities.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Indiana Clones?

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

But the best part for Swab is they do not have Fantasmic!
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    They could have ours...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hope when these nations want to collect on our national debt, we factor in all the theft from our products and companies.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I just went to their site online, at the top of the page, there
    is a small logo that is very similar to a castle logo that WDW
    used several years ago. Also the song that plays on their
    site uses the phrase "Where Dreams Come True" as lyrics at
    the end of the song. Of course, there is a large castle that
    they use as the center of there park. The two main characters
    appear to be a couple of tan cats/racoons?. On the main page,
    the male has a tuxedo, and the female has a red dress with white
    polka dots, and a matching large bow at the top of her head.

It looks like we have a successor to make fun of, in place of the
    now closed NaraDreamland.

Here's the English site link to Lotte World
    Last edited by Aladdin; 12-27-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add the english link

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Looks like one of the pictures on their map has a water fountain/light thing.
    (Although I couldn't tell the extent of the attraction, since it wasn't in english)

now that I found the english site, here's what it says about the Fantasmic copy:

Last edited by Aladdin; 12-27-2007 at 02:50 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

That is really interesting! It almost looks like they have a little Mickey running around on the main website page too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast