• -Going Retro-

Priceline hotels around Disneyland

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences using Priceline.com? I've always had great luck with the service but never used it for Disneyland. I'm curious to find out what type of hotels and locations are usually given. I'm currently shooting for three stars or more hotel rating. Any info would be great thanks!

Re: Priceline hotels around Disneyland

I used to use Priceline a lot. Always 2 1/2 stars. Always got bumped up to 3-stars Always someplace nice like the Hilton, the Marriott or the Hyatt. The last couple times, though I've gotten the Radisson Maingate, the craphole (can I say craphole?) across the street. I'm really surprised they consider this a 3-star.
    If I tried to do a 2-star I would get the Orangewood Suites (in Garden Grove I think), which is too far away, but still considered Disneyland area South.
    I don't use Priceline anymore unless I'm reallllllly on a budget or it's last minute or for just 1 night.
    Good luck.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

I've been using Priceline for the last 4 or 5 years for all my trips to SoCal. I've stayed in Fullerton and Garden Grove mostly and never had a bad experience (except a smelly room at Candlewood Suites, but Yankee Candle solved that). I stayed at the Marriot in Fullerton, Hilton Garden Inn in Anaheim, Candlewood Suites a couple of times, and one other place in Fullerton that I can't remember the name (just behind Denny's on Orangethorpe).

I've always been happy with the places I've stayed and the distance from Disneyland doesn't bother me. Since I lived in SoCal for 11 years I like having the car so I can drive around and visit people and places.

I'd recommend Priceline. I've never paid more than $40 a night either. Not bad.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Man O Lantern

Never ever use Priceline without checking www.biddingfortravel.com That's my major tip!!

I've gotten stays in 3 star hotels in Portland and Seattle for under $25 several times. I wouldn't have known how to get the hotels for that cheap without biddingfortravel.

You have to be careful when doing Anaheim. Several of the hotels they use have $18/day charges for parking, $10 nightly refrigerator fees, etc. Do your research on the hotels that come up before purchasing....by reading biddingfortravel. People are usually pretty good about posting accurate hotel reviews and their bidding strategies.

I've had better luck using www.travelaxe.net than priceline for Anaheim (and Vegas). It's a free download and searches a dozen or more sites for you at once.....and it costs nothing to book through them. We've gotten Anaheim hotels like HoJo and Desert Inn for $45 and $44.

i have also had some problem with priceline. Usually not the places i would stay.

i would just go with some of the other sites like orbitz and expedia or biddingfortravel.

I have stayed in many of the hotels around Disneyland and most of the ones right across from the main Disneyland entrance are too noisy and way too cramp. of all the hotels in disneyland parameters i would suggest "The Anabella" although the rooms sometimes go for as much as 100.00 or more, i have made reservations thru orbits for the low price of 45.00 to 60.00 and all the rooms have irons,coffe makers,refrigerators,internet, more than one television, seperate rooms with either twin bed or queen bed and the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. the hotel also has a family pool a quiet secluded adult pool, gym great restuarant fountains and gardens free newspapers in the morning rooms for meetings and even offices with computers that the guest could use for bussiness use. the hotel has a mission style look and nice wide parking areas.

other than that most of the other hotels on harbor blvd are motel style rooms that show their age.

This is great info for us "out of towners" you guys. Thank you. I will have to try some of the services suggested in this post and see what happens.
    I do want to offer this information and if anyone has had better results congratulations. DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY - they are terrible. We went down on July 11, 05 with the Travelocity Confirmation stating that the room was paid in full. Upon check out I found out that the room was not paid for. Not only that I had to pay a higher rate than what was quoted to me when I made the reservation. Now today on July 27, 05 I still can't get anyone from Travelocity to cooperate with me and they keep giving me the run around. I just basically want some answers because I had already booked another room through them in August before all of this happened, One thing I did find out during my investigation is that they double billed me for my August trip and I had somehow missed it. I did get the refund on the double billing, but it took some b'ing and c'ing. I still don't have any answers for the other screw up, but they just don't seem want to help - contrary to their commercials.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

I think it's really important, no matter what route you choose, to read the fine print. Make sure you really understand the policies of the site you're using. I haven't had any trouble with Priceline, but maybe that's because before I used it the first time I did some research and read everything on their site so I would understand how it works, what I needed to do, and what their responsibility would be.

I'll admit that I was skeptical and doubtful at first. I wasn't sure that using the Internet to book a hotel was really a good idea. But if you do your research and know exactly what you're getting into, you shouldn't have any problems. Don't base your decisions on TV commercials!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I got the Hyatt Regency (GREAT HOTEL) 1.5 miles from DL down Harbor for $260 (all fees and txes included) for FIVE NIGHTS! A real steal in my opinion. I stayed there for all the 50th activities.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.