Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Disneyland's website sucks!

For starters this isn't the first time I've tried to locate info on Disneylands website, but I've finally given up and am going to post a short rant about it.

Today, I tried, unsuccessfully, to find information on Disneylands website about "early entry" at Disneyland. We bought 3-day Park Hoppers for the kids and there is no information about early entry on the PH's so I went to the Disneyland website to find out which days you can get into the Park an hour early.

I typed "early entry" into the search engine and all the stuff that came back did not help with my query. I checked the FAQ's and I found nothing.

As stated earlier, this isn't the first time that I've run into this issue of trying to find something at Disneylands website. I don't understand why they don't use a more intuitive search engine like Google.

Anybody else frustrated like me?
    [/rant]
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disneyland's website sucks!

I agree Circa. Call em' live & talk to a human (714) 781-4565.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Best. Thread. Ever....

Seriously though, there web site has been on the dissapointing end for some time. Now, myself being an Uber nerd, i dont go on looking for real detailed information. Although, i did try to find out how to get the close seats for Fantasmic! (dont hate me swab, i've never seen it, ever...) but could not find anything about it. Had to go to a thirdy parties site.

So yeah, there site totally sucks!

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Currently it is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

It looks this will be the schedule thru January 7th, including EE on New Years Day (yes, I confirmed it as best I could with a senior GR CM).

But when Magic Mornings start on January 8th, then it is "strongly rumored" that it will be Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Nothing "official" has been announced, but it will more than likely happen.

And will still be "selected" attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that will be available during EE/Magic Mornings, the rest of the park will be close, and Fastpass machines will not work until the official opening of the park.

And as for Disneyland.com, it has had problems for years, and while, IMHO, it has become a bit better, you still can find typos and incorrect info on a regular basis, especially in the Calendar section.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I'm a fiddle player......

You could always go old school and give them a call. I know its not as cool as the internet but I bet it will get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    You could always go old school and give them a call. I know its not as cool as the internet but I bet it will get the job done.
    I'm not about cool, I'm all about gettin' it done! Their phone was busy, so I was forced to use the website.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Currently it is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
    Thanks DB. If only I had your connections, I wouldn't need the website!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Early entry is one of those programs DL does not seem to want to promote too much. Part of the program that I have never found online or even in the daily tip sheet given out at each Disney hotel is that for a guests staying on property you can use early entry on each early entry day (Which are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) not just the one day each ticket that DL allows for off property hotel programs. And then if you buy your package through AAA you not only get the expanded early entry you get expanded fast pass that allows you to fast pass more than one ride at a time without waiting for the first ticket to start. (Although I have heard that that program is no longer available.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• =)

Yeah...Disney's sites in general are among the most horrible known to mankind. NASA has secretly begun encoding warnings aboard all unmanned spacecraft that won't be returning to Earth. They warn anyone else out there to avoid disneyland.com--oop, sorry, http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...e=HomePage--at all costs.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    For starters this isn't the first time I've tried to locate info on Disneylands website, but I've finally given up and am going to post a short rant about it.
    Anybody else frustrated like me?
    [/rant]
    Yes.

I've hated it for quite a while now. It's non-intuitive, convoluted and tries to be too clever in parts (and fails). I often switch to their low bandwidth version which is still crap but marginally better.

Mind you, it is typical of a lot of large corporate sites where there's no master plan, just a lot of marketing driven half-arsed patching.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Although, i did try to find out how to get the close seats for Fantasmic! (dont hate me swab, i've never seen it, ever...) but could not find anything about it.
    One viewing is allowed.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Yes.

I've hated it for quite a while now. It's non-intuitive, convoluted and tries to be too clever in parts (and fails). I often switch to their low bandwidth version which is still crap but marginally better.

Mind you, it is typical of a lot of large corporate sites where there's no master plan, just a lot of marketing driven half-arsed patching.
    When Mono and I have taken over, changes will be made to the website. And Fantasmic! will be installed in Charlie's Backyard.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    One viewing is allowed.
    Kinda like Clash of the Titans

I did a search on the website for "early entry" and got this in the very first result:

http://bookdlr.reservations.disney.g...tasyland_PopUp

Early Entry into Fantasyland

An Early Entry admission is included with 3 - 8 day Park Hopper souvenir tickets. Guests may enter Fantasyland in Disneyland Park 1 hour before opening to the general public*.
    *Operation of Attractions and appearances of characters are subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply. Each Guest must have a valid multi-day admission media in order to enter Disneyland park and Fantasyland. Entitlement available for one morning throughout the length of your ticket on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

At least you can get there - I try going to disneyland.com on my Palm Treo 700wx to check the Calendar and get a nice splash page saying "Upgrade your browser!" No - I'm stuck with the browser I have, you need to learn how to be standards compliant, dweebs!

The first thing a webpage does is query the other end to see what the equipment and browser is, suposedly so it can present a usable page.

If you can't figure out how to strip out all the Java and Flash and other useless falderol and present a Jack Webb "Just the Facts, Ma'am!" webpage, that's not my problem.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast