Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 12/27 - Disneyland Resort Theme Parks are EXTREMELY busy - DL Park sold out!

Today was awesome! We sold out of fastpasses by 1230 at space! For a while, our line was down to the bottom of ramp ... which we haven't seen for a while.

"What do you mean that is the line to get fastpasses?"

"Can I get a fastpass for the line to get fastpasses?"

Gosh, I sure love the holiday season!

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: 12/27 - Disneyland Resort Theme Parks are EXTREMELY busy - DL Park sold out!

I hope we get a report on the line wait for the subs. They usually don't increase the posted wait time once it hits two hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

I know for a while today the line was at about 3 hours for subs ...

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee D View Post
    I met a friend for lunch at DTD at 12:00 and it was wall to wall people there. I got there at 11:00 to shop for some 50% off candles and ornaments and it wasn't too horrible then. But the DTD parking lot was jammed by time we left at 2:00. The signs were out at 11:00 that said the parks were "busy".
    I went there to shop too. It was around 11 AM and the signs said the parks were busy; line to park in structure was backed up but parking at DTD was no problem. Crowded but I went to Department 56 and got what I wanted with no wait time and no crowds in there. And it was cold and windy. Left before Noon and could see the line for the parking structure looked like a parking lot

i love opening E section ever since nemo opened its been so....empty

• Goofy

lol the guests

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Just thought I'd share the news for anybody who may have been planning to come to the park for the evening.

Ticket sales for Disneyland Park for Thursday, December 27 are currently halted.

1-Day, 1-Park tickets for Disneyland Park, 1-Day Park Hopper Tickets, and Annual Passholder Block Out Tickets are no longer available.

1-Day, 1-Park Tickets for Disney's California Adventure park are still available.

If you were planning on visiting you may want to call Disneyland Guest Relations (714-781-7290) prior to coming to see if sales may have resumed or if any further admission restrictions have been put into place.
    Yeah, thats only a stage 1 closure. Hard Divert (as someone mentioned earlier) is kinda like stage 1. There are a few more levels before the gates are shut and no one goes in. And that happens somewhere like 68K guests in park I think. Ill have to check my numbers again.

At that point of the day, anyone who wanted to go into DL or get a 1 day hopper would get offered an exception ticket, unless there were more ticket blackouts that you are not mentioning.

Yes, the crowds have been very busy this year. They did have to close the gates to DL for a bit on christmas day. But they were then open the rest of the day/evening. I wish everyone the best of luck with their trips if they are going to brave the crowds and hope you all get what you want done.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    I went on the 27th last year with my family and it was the most crowded I've ever seen the park. Ticket sales were halted pretty early. That said, we did still have a good time. At the end of the day, we heard a woman getting off of POTC telling a CM that she and her family had been there all day and only managed to ride 5 rides. I don't know what she was talking about, as my family managed to ride at least 20 and easily do everything we wanted to do. Still, maneuvering around all those people can be overwhelming.
    maybe they didn't use fast pass. Iknow we went on 12/27 about 12 years ago, pre fastpass days and we were only able to get on 4 rides and it wasn't for lack of trying. It was just crazy busy. We never went on that day again. The reason we went was because it was/is my daughters birthday.

It took as 45 minutes ot walk for POTC to IASW, we didn't see the ground all day and trying to eat was a joke. There were not enough tables and people were sitting on the ground up against walls or on the planters...every visible surface was covered by people.

I'm taking my cousin tomorrow 12/28 and read this thread, yikes. My question is I just purchased and printed his ticket on-line. Will this guarantee his entrance into Disneyland? I have a PAP will I be allowed in? Thanks..

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    I'm taking my cousin tomorrow 12/28 and read this thread, yikes. My question is I just purchased and printed his ticket on-line. Will this guarantee his entrance into Disneyland? I have a PAP will I be allowed in? Thanks..
    No tickets guarantee entry. But it you got an E-Ticket, you just go straight to the gates with that and your PAP and unless they are just letting readmissions into the park, you should be able to get in.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

For as long as I can remember, going back at least 40 years, the period between Dec. 26 and Dec. 31, barring inclement weather, has always seemed like the single busiest week of the year.

Still, it was very thoughtful of the OP to give us the heads-up.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I loooove it when it's super busy. Is it just me?
    Yeah all of the energy (and trust me not all of it is positive! makes for shifts that go awfully quick and are always interesting! The sheer number of Guests they allow in the park though is terrifying. 70,000+ people inside Dland is insane!
    Class of 2005...

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Dang.

Thats pretty amazing, but not a big shocker. It IS DL.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    Dang.

Thats pretty amazing, but not a big shocker. It IS DL.
    No joke, why are people surprised by this? Half the nation has this whole week off.

• official corn dog taster

this is why i avoid the parks this time of year
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast