Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: 12/27 - Disneyland Resort Theme Parks are EXTREMELY busy - DL Park sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I loooove it when it's super busy. Is it just me?
    yes.

• no flash photography...

Re: 12/27 - Disneyland Resort Theme Parks are EXTREMELY busy - DL Park sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    No joke, why are people surprised by this? Half the nation has this whole week off.
    I know from experience it's very busy this time of year. I was surprised when I went on the 22nd that it wasn't that bad.

My daughters friend work at magic mountain. She says that park has been dead...so their's an alternative if people don't like crowds...

The crowds as of 1 pm yesterday.

Longest Line of the day for our group was nemo with a wait of 70 min around 3.
    Splash, and Pirates were down most of the morning.

Probably one of my best trips yesterday, just gotta take things at a slow a steady pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    haha... exactly.

Nothing surprising here, happens every year around this time.
    We go each year @ Xmas time (9 trips). DL used to get hyper-busy in the afternoons so we'd head over to DCA for afternoons.

This year though the DL park was a true nightmare from the rope drop on. Part of it seemed to being CM issues / lack of crowd control training. Part of it was (and I'm going to get bashed for this, I know, or called a 'bigot') the rudeness and arrogance of the Far Eastern guests who thought it appectable push thru lines, stepping on children and disabled alike. Guess they don't have either in Japan, or it's a 'survival of the fittest' over there.

Really sad tho - we went for the decorations, not the rides (summer trips = rides) but with what went on this year I guess we'll be dropping our Xmas trips too.

It was incredibly busy. The Pirates line was really interesting. It wrapped all over the place. It was like a rat maze going all over the place. Incredible really.

THE KRAKKEN RETURNS!
    Woo!

• Goofy

and davy jones waiting for them lol.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by tatsu1234 View Post
    The crowds as of 1 pm yesterday.

Longest Line of the day for our group was nemo with a wait of 70 min around 3.
    Splash, and Pirates were down most of the morning.

Probably one of my best trips yesterday, just gotta take things at a slow a steady pace.

Ohhh my goood.

• What about the Rum?

Angry Re: 12/27 - Disneyland Resort Theme Parks are EXTREMELY busy - DL Park sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    haha... exactly.

Nothing surprising here, happens every year around this time.

Sorry if this sounds mean but I have no sympathy for anyone who is shocked or upset that Disney is extreamly busy during the biggest vacation time of the year. Normally much more busy now than even summer because summertime is "spread out" over a few months, instead of two weeks like winter holiday season. It's should be common sense that Disney will be busy since almost all schools are closed and millions of people travel now.

Guess this must be their attitude, "Ugh! WHY is it busy, only MY kids should be out of school!"
    I agree completely Its like when People come to Vegas around this time they are shocked how expensive rooms are well DUH! Im going for New Years eve to DL and I am totally just going to have a good time not going to be pissed if I can't ride certain things. I hate people ! However I love Gatherings! Hope everyone has a Happy New Years !

So when does this die down? January 2nd or later?

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    So when does this die down? January 2nd or later?
    Expect another large wave of people on January 7th and 8th as previously blocked SoCal APers make their way back to the park and pull their kids from school to do so. By the end of the second week of January, it should recede to fairly crowded rather than the current mountains and seas of people.

• Goofy

there is no such thing as an off season because mostly everyone carrys ap's these days. and it is true.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Most SoCal schools have vacation until January 7th or 8th, Disney has scheduled extended hours thru January 6th due to the expected large crowds.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Okay, it's my first post. We're there 1/4 to 1/9. For the beginning of the trip can we still plan on afternoon breaks and being able to get back in in the evening? Seems from reading this that things open back up around 5:00? Is that the norm or should we plan on not leaving at all?

My fiancee and I headed over to the park tonight after work figuring it was going to be a MAD HOUSE with what was posted about yesterday and it was kind of weird. Main Street wasn't too bad (expected wall to wall people) and while most all of the e-ticket rides had HUGE waits we literally walked right on to the Pooh ride and Jungle Cruise - which didn't surprise me so much for Pooh but even on not super busy days I have seen Jungle Cruise with a line.

That being said....Indiana Jones at 5:30pm tonight had a wait time of 150 minutes!!!! We walked through Adventureland (which again expected wall to wall people and it wasn't bad) and they must have been wrapping them quite a bit inside because the line outside wasn't super terribly long looking.

Nemo was a typical 120 minutes and everything else was under the 60 minute range. Although I was kinda hoping that with it being cold people would steer clear of Splash but it too had a 40 min wait. California Adventure seemed busy and while we didn't ride anything - it didn't seem crowded (big surprise there).

I was kinda dissappointed. We went there tonight knowing it was gonna be a zoo, but I wanted to play with my new video camera and he wanted to play with his new SLR camera, so we were all set and ready to go to play people pinball. We are going again Sunday morning for Mickey pancakes - hopefully walking with a video camera in hand will be easier in the daylight!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast