Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Smile The Little Stuff That Matters

Hiya.

My boyfriend and I are finally taking a romantic vacation to Disneyland. Usually we go with a bunch of others (which is always fun, of course!) but finally we can experience the park and all it's little hideaways and secrets.

We go pretty often for Northern Californians, but I need some advice for you very frequent visitors. What should we do in terms of little things? Where are good places to go to spot characters, good shows, parades, restaurants activies, any little discoveries that you love and make the park magical for kids young and old. In other words, not rides, we know what rides to ride and which ones we love already.

I searched a little on the subject but couldn't quite find stuff I was looking for so I'm sorry if this post is redundant, I tried!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Banned User

Re: The Little Stuff That Matters

We love being at DL alone! Our kids are grown now, and as much as I miss their younger years, it's fun to be there by ourselves now too.

We like to go to the back row of Tiki Room, and sit snuggled up and watch the show.

We like to stand by the waterfront, by BTMRR, and look out at the water.

We used to enjoy sitting in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery, but, ya can't do that anymore!!!

We enjoy taking the train ride around the park. Starting at any spot, but, staying on the whole trip. And, sitting on the benches that face outward.

There's so many things to do. We like watching fireworks back by IASW, to avoid the heavier crowds too.

It's fun at DCA to stand on the bridge about Grizzly Rapids, to watch the people floating by and getting soaked!

It's also really relaxing and nice to sit in the lobby of the GCH, and people watch, to rest your feet.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    There's so many things to do. We like watching fireworks back by IASW, to avoid the heavier crowds too.
    I always thought that area was closed! Oh pish posh.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If you are going to be down here for more than 3 days and this is apparently a romantic vacation, try and get a reservation for Las Brisas in Laguna Beach. This is a very nice restaurant, and well known in Orange County for its romance and beautiful ocean views. That is if you have the time I highly reccomend it. If not, there's always Denny's accross the street! (Just kiddin ya)

Regardless, have a wonderful trip. Try not to overdo it and you should have a great time.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like going into the nice stores like Disneyana. How about getting a drawing of the both of you in New Orleans Square?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If not, there's always Denny's accross the street! (Just kiddin ya)
    LOL Dave. Having someone pat you on the back while your body rids itself of the food poisoning is romantic.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I like going into the nice stores like Disneyana. How about getting a drawing of the both of you in New Orleans Square?

OR....a silouette on Main Street! Hubby and I did that last year! It's wonderful and fairly cheap for a DL souvenir!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

We're not frequent go'ers, but my Hub and I enjoy the alternate ways throught the castle. Especially at night, they are dark and deserted... perfect for a smooch under the stars! I love the little area by the Triton fountain.

Oh! have you guys been inside the sword shop in Fantasty land? It's kind of hidden, but it's really neat if either of you are into that type of thing.

There are all sorts of hidden spots around the park. Another one would be that little area off to the right when you're going down main street... there is a fruit cart in front of it and I think it's right across from the bakery/coffee place.

I hope you have fun! I love when it's just the hub and I at the park.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Among many of the great suggestions so far, I highly recommend the new Snow White exhibit. Very nicely done with great information and history of the animated feature. While you're in the Animation Building definitely check out the Toy Story Zoetrope. It is incredible to watch.

If you have not asked before, ask to take a ride on the Lilly Belle. You'll be surprised at how open they are to allowing guests inside.

Billy Hill and Hillbillies for sure!

That's all I have for now...

Have fun!
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 12-27-2007 at 10:26 PM.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Oh we are for sure getting a silhouette done. I am very excited for that.

Who do you ask for a ride on the Lilly Belle?

Any suggestions on where to see characters and when? I love all these suggestions (I knew I could count on all of you for some fun and unique tips) but we also like characters and all that fun stuff.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Well, there are usually characters out on Main St. like Mickey and Friends. I've also spotted other's out there like Cruella, or Aladdin. There is this other spot, just across the way from the Parters statue. If you were facing the Partners Statue, and looked over to the left there is an area (that I can't for the life of me remember wha it's called! I'm sure someone can help me on this one) but there is a porch like area where i've met Mary Poppins and Bert several times, also other folks like the Mad Hatter or Alice might visit with them too. I've also seen meet and greet at the hub, the side closest to the castle.

characters wander around Fantasyland, and in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot in DCA. If you want to wait in line, you could try Princess Fantasy Faire to meet some Disney Princesses. You could also try character dining, where the characters come to you!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    Oh we are for sure getting a silhouette done. I am very excited for that.

Who do you ask for a ride on the Lilly Belle?

Any suggestions on where to see characters and when? I love all these suggestions (I knew I could count on all of you for some fun and unique tips) but we also like characters and all that fun stuff.

Ask any of the Main Street Station Cast Members and they can assist you. You can only board and exit the Lilly Belle from Main Street and of course the Lilly Belle needs to be running the day of.

As for the characters, Mickey's House is fun to explore with the bonus of always being able to meet the mouse himself. If you are a Princess fan, eating at Ariel's Grotto is an enjoyable way to meet a few of them while enjoying your meal. Pirates? Be sure to visit Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island.

DisneyRoyalty also offers some great suggestions...

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    Well, there are usually characters out on Main St. like Mickey and Friends. I've also spotted other's out there like Cruella, or Aladdin. There is this other spot, just across the way from the Parters statue. If you were facing the Partners Statue, and looked over to the left there is an area (that I can't for the life of me remember wha it's called! I'm sure someone can help me on this one) but there is a porch like area where i've met Mary Poppins and Bert several times, also other folks like the Mad Hatter or Alice might visit with them too. I've also seen meet and greet at the hub, the side closest to the castle.
    Plaza Pavilion perhaps???

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Yes! That's it. I just could not recall the name. Plaza Pavilion is a great spot to find various characters, but usually Mary and Bert.

• I am number 4 of 999

I'm not the biggest fan of Splash Mountain, so I like to sit across from the exit while watching people interact with the Pooh characters.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast