Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Absolutely, and if they give you any problem at the front gate just drop my name I own a few hundred shares myself.

But if you really want a shareholder perk buy the same amount of shares Steve jobs did and you can designate someone to rebuild a ride anyway you want. Pretty neat huh?

That IS pretty neat! I certainly need a few rides rebuilt. What kind of a name is Jobs anywho?

Well, my birthday is on new years eve and i kinda wanted to spend it in the park, but the closest i can do is January 1st...which is better i think because i hear there is a huge drop off in the crowd. I would never go anywhere on NYE...to hectic and way to many people

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    700,000? WOW! So that explains things!

I think you meant more like 70,000.
    No, there are about 700,000 APs of various levels.

There are various levels of "closure". When the park goes to a full turnstile closure, no one gets in, 1 day ticket holder or PAPs. (There is one exception to the group, but they are very limited. There are only 450 or so of them....)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

And even those 450 or so might have to wait. If the Fire Marshall says it is over-capacity, then they have to wait until the count gets low enough to allow them in, but they do get First priority to enter when the Fire Marshall says the crowds have thinned enough.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

By the way, just prior to Capacity, the policy is "Reentry ONLY", which means that even Premium AP holders are turned away if they haven't entered the park (even if they spent the entire day at DCA). Must have that Disneyland Park Handstamp, for example, Friday, the DL stamp was "Mickey" and the DCA stamp was "Trail", and when I said I didn't need one, the CM used her UV light to check that it was still visable, due to the large crowds.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Im stupid,what are disneyland shares? ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.

VMK Name:IAnglez

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Horse-Maniac View Post
    stock shares

Oh,LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.

VMK Name:IAnglez

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.
    Disney does not sell admission for any specific date like is done for sporting events. Even a one day Park Hopper is paid admission.

Actually, they are not Disneyland shares, they are shares of The Walt Disney Company. Back when the park opened, it was owned by Disneyland, Inc, which was owned by Walt Disney Productions, ABC, and Walt Disney.

Wow! Did I ever get my question answered! Thank you all! (And thanks for the welcome, AASHEE!!

• Banned User

I am actually glad they are closing the park(s) when capacity is reached.

and kiddies, gather around and uncle jason will tell you a story of why:
    one year(1995 to be exact) me and my family went to disneyland(yes it was during the dark times, and the empire...... OOOPS SORRY!!! WRONG STORY ) (during adolf eisners regime). exactly one hour before the parade began we decided to get to main street a little early because we thought it would be a good idea to get a bite to eat and then find a spot. however, 5 (yes I said five) tour busses arrived and just like a gust of wind....WHOOOSH there were more people in the park than you could throw a stick at. we found ourselves being shoved and pushed, and i ended up hugging a cast member---believe it or not to actually keep her from being trampled to death by the crowd. I grabbed her and we went to one side with our family as we were weaving and trying to do what we could to get out of the crowd. I, my mom, and my dad were actually shouting at the other guests. this is what we said "get the **** out of our way and watch where the hell you are going. you almost stepped on my granddaughter" (heard from dad). we barely got out of there. by the time we made it to the curb the parade was about to start.

the parade had to be delayed about 1 hour because the park was overfilling. they FINALLY closed the gates.

crowd control was practically useless. they had to get a bullhorn and announce:"everyone stop what you are doing and find a spot on either side of the street"
    it was major chaos.

after the parade was over, the crowds (or shall I say the chaos????) continued as if nothing happened.

we tried all the rest of that day to navigate through the park to do stuff(go on rides, eat, shop, etc) but all we saw was a blanket of people. infact, several times I could sware I was touched or received full contact if you will by someone else and I DID NOT WANT IT.

later that night when we were at dinner mom and dad swore that they would never come back.

well never is a long time................

very recently I convinced them that we just went there on a day that was very busy and maybe if we go during the week it would not be as busy.

i was right.......

we started going on wednesdays and it was a more relaxed, less crowded, fear of being trampled or stampeded free visit.

oh, slight derailment of my story: this was pre resort expansion:

okay kiddies back to the story.......

the point of my story is this: they should have closed the gates before it got that bad.

and paying respect to paul harvey...........(dont worry folks hes not dead, copyright provisions require me to include this disclaimer)

and now you know the rest of the story.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    700,000? WOW! So that explains things!

I think you meant more like 70,000.
    Eh, from numbers Ive heard...

Disneyland Park - Approx 94K people is MAX. I doubt that the fire marshal would let it get much above 90K though for safety reasons. I've seen/been in the park on days with like 65K people in it and there is still room to go before it turns into the so called sea of people.
    DCA - Approx 54K is MAX. Again, I doubt it would be allowed to get much above 50K
    DTD - Approx 30K is MAX. Though I have no clue how that one could be enforced at all.

And in past NYEs, all 3 properties have been sold out well before midnight. Expect it to be crowded.

And these number are just ones I've overheard from someone I know who worked at DL for a very long time.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    (during adolf eisners regime)
    I have no idea what you said the rest of the story, but Adolf Eisner was so funny you get 2 big thumbs up! Both from Ebert, Siskel is dead.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I have no idea what you said the rest of the story, but Adolf Eisner was so funny you get 2 big thumbs up! Both from Ebert, Siskel is dead.
    hey thanks!!!! I am glad he is no longer part of the company.

oh and the thumbs up? thanks also

however the last part.............I cant help it I have to add this

oh and folks I am a passholder too. the PASSHOLDER type, not the PassHOLDER type.

• Fastest Man Alive

Not sure on the absolute MAX for Disneyland, the maximum number of guests allowed in the park is very much below 90K.

Also anyone coming for NYE- Disneyland is probably going to be full by 2pm. Do to it being NYE, people won't leave during the day, so don't expect it to clear out after a parade, everyone is going to hang around until midnight- then mass exodus.
    DCA will be busy, but probably won't hit capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Eh, from numbers Ive heard...

Disneyland Park - Approx 94K people is MAX. I doubt that the fire marshal would let it get much above 90K though for safety reasons. I've seen/been in the park on days with like 65K people in it and there is still room to go before it turns into the so called sea of people.
    DCA - Approx 54K is MAX. Again, I doubt it would be allowed to get much above 50K
    DTD - Approx 30K is MAX. Though I have no clue how that one could be enforced at all.

And in past NYEs, all 3 properties have been sold out well before midnight. Expect it to be crowded.

And these number are just ones I've overheard from someone I know who worked at DL for a very long time.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.
    Incorrect!
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast