Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23

    Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    I realize that this is an elementary question --- DL/DCA 101 type --- but I honestly do not know the answer and am confident that many of you do.

    So, here goes ... is the annual pass a legal contract that requires DL/DCA to give entry even when the park has been closed to new admitants? Or are passholders in the same situation as those who buy tickets in advance, show up and are denied admission because the park(s) are at fire department limitation capacity?

  2. #2

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,989

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Unless you have a handstamp no. And for the good of passholders and mankind everywhere, don't throw a fit if you aren't admitted. If you want in, you better get there early. Have fun and Welcome to MiceChat!!

    Chad

  3. #3

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by rkkm View Post
    I realize that this is an elementary question --- DL/DCA 101 type --- but I honestly do not know the answer and am confident that many of you do.

    So, here goes ... is the annual pass a legal contract that requires DL/DCA to give entry even when the park has been closed to new admitants? Or are passholders in the same situation as those who buy tickets in advance, show up and are denied admission because the park(s) are at fire department limitation capacity?
    sombody knows the different levels at which they stop allowing entry to the park and yes, AP holders can be restricted from entry if the parks are at capacity.

  4. #4

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,665

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    I just got my new AP on Thursday. On the back it says, "Subject to the Annual Passport Terms and Conditions."

    When I renewed online I printed out the Terms and Conditions shich states, "The owners of the Disneyland Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons."

    So the answer is no. AP's will not be admitted to the parks after they have reached full capacity.

    And Chad, just so you know, my AP also has a big "P" on the back!

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.

  6. #6

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.
    No they don't. If the fire-marshall says no, then they are the final say.


  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by rkkm View Post
    I realize that this is an elementary question --- DL/DCA 101 type --- but I honestly do not know the answer and am confident that many of you do.

    So, here goes ... is the annual pass a legal contract that requires DL/DCA to give entry even when the park has been closed to new admitants? Or are passholders in the same situation as those who buy tickets in advance, show up and are denied admission because the park(s) are at fire department limitation capacity?
    If the Fire Department closes the park, no one is allowed entry. However if Disney stops selling tickets because the park is approaching capacity, passholders who arenít blacked out for that day will be admitted.

  8. #8

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,989

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    IAnd Chad, just so you know, my AP also has a big "P" on the back!
    Welcome to the land of free parking! Well not free, but seeing how often you go it was a wise purchase.

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    573

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    I've seen at least two days where only Premium APs were allowed to enter the park late in the afternoon. I've actually been at a ticketbooth when a friend was told that the only way to enter the park that afternoon was to purchase a Premium AP.

    But in general, if you want to go to D-Land on New Year's Eve, get there early.

  10. #10

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    478

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Passholders are no different than any other paying guest with a ticket. If the gates are closed, all paying guests are treated the same, if they purchased a one day ticket, multi-day ticket or an annual pass.

  11. #11

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,665

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    I've seen at least two days where only Premium APs were allowed to enter the park late in the afternoon. I've actually been at a ticketbooth when a friend was told that the only way to enter the park that afternoon was to purchase a Premium AP.

    But in general, if you want to go to D-Land on New Year's Eve, get there early.
    They don't discriminate like that. It is likely that it was a blackout day for the lower AP holders. If you go on a day that is not blacked out they will let you in. If you have a deluxe pass or lower you will not get in on New Year's Eve because it is a blackout date for all of those holders. Although you can still pay $40 for a blackout ticket, and your advice stands in that situation -- get there early.

    A thought just came to me... as I have stated the Terms and Conditions as I have mentioned states, "The owners of the Disneyland Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons." The front gate CM's don't own Disneyland so they can still let us in as long as the owners don't find out. And also my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?

  12. #12

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

    And also my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?
    yeah, I own more than two shares, so I say restrict admission while I'm there. I don't like crowds....

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,370

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    I was there one year when they turned is away because they had met capacity. They told my family that only APs were allowed to enter other than those who were already in. So as far as I can tell it means max capacity (which I heard was 700,000) minus however many premium APs there are is the number of people they can sell tickets to (blackout day tickets included).

  14. #14

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,665

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdkihano View Post
    I was there one year when they turned is away because they had met capacity. They told my family that only APs were allowed to enter other than those who were already in. So as far as I can tell it means max capacity (which I heard was 700,000) minus however many premium APs there are is the number of people they can sell tickets to (blackout day tickets included).
    700,000? WOW! So that explains things!

    I think you meant more like 70,000.

  15. #15

    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?

    Absolutely, and if they give you any problem at the front gate just drop my name I own a few hundred shares myself.

    But if you really want a shareholder perk buy the same amount of shares Steve Jobs did and you can designate someone to rebuild a ride anyway you want. Pretty neat huh?
    Last edited by mousechild; 12-29-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Situation At Disney - 2/22 - Parks Are Closed For Entry(Merged threads)
    By hbwriter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
  3. Annual Passholders-Good or Bad for the Parks?
    By snappy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
  4. What percentage of men have admitted to trying on bras?
    By Princess Buttercup in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 09:48 PM
  5. WDW Theme Parks closed Monday.
    By wolfy in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •