Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

I realize that this is an elementary question --- DL/DCA 101 type --- but I honestly do not know the answer and am confident that many of you do.

So, here goes ... is the annual pass a legal contract that requires DL/DCA to give entry even when the park has been closed to new admitants? Or are passholders in the same situation as those who buy tickets in advance, show up and are denied admission because the park(s) are at fire department limitation capacity?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?

Unless you have a handstamp no. And for the good of passholders and mankind everywhere, don't throw a fit if you aren't admitted. If you want in, you better get there early. Have fun and Welcome to MiceChat!!

Chad

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by rkkm View Post
    I realize that this is an elementary question --- DL/DCA 101 type --- but I honestly do not know the answer and am confident that many of you do.

So, here goes ... is the annual pass a legal contract that requires DL/DCA to give entry even when the park has been closed to new admitants? Or are passholders in the same situation as those who buy tickets in advance, show up and are denied admission because the park(s) are at fire department limitation capacity?
    sombody knows the different levels at which they stop allowing entry to the park and yes, AP holders can be restricted from entry if the parks are at capacity.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I just got my new AP on Thursday. On the back it says, "Subject to the Annual Passport Terms and Conditions."

When I renewed online I printed out the Terms and Conditions shich states, "The owners of the Disneyland Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons."

So the answer is no. AP's will not be admitted to the parks after they have reached full capacity.

And Chad, just so you know, my AP also has a big "P" on the back!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They have to let in APs because it is a paid admissions ticket.
    No they don't. If the fire-marshall says no, then they are the final say.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rkkm View Post

If the Fire Department closes the park, no one is allowed entry. However if Disney stops selling tickets because the park is approaching capacity, passholders who arenít blacked out for that day will be admitted.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    IAnd Chad, just so you know, my AP also has a big "P" on the back!
    Welcome to the land of free parking! Well not free, but seeing how often you go it was a wise purchase.

• Banned User

I've seen at least two days where only Premium APs were allowed to enter the park late in the afternoon. I've actually been at a ticketbooth when a friend was told that the only way to enter the park that afternoon was to purchase a Premium AP.

But in general, if you want to go to D-Land on New Year's Eve, get there early.

Passholders are no different than any other paying guest with a ticket. If the gates are closed, all paying guests are treated the same, if they purchased a one day ticket, multi-day ticket or an annual pass.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    I've seen at least two days where only Premium APs were allowed to enter the park late in the afternoon. I've actually been at a ticketbooth when a friend was told that the only way to enter the park that afternoon was to purchase a Premium AP.

But in general, if you want to go to D-Land on New Year's Eve, get there early.
    They don't discriminate like that. It is likely that it was a blackout day for the lower AP holders. If you go on a day that is not blacked out they will let you in. If you have a deluxe pass or lower you will not get in on New Year's Eve because it is a blackout date for all of those holders. Although you can still pay $40 for a blackout ticket, and your advice stands in that situation -- get there early.

A thought just came to me... as I have stated the Terms and Conditions as I have mentioned states, "The owners of the Disneyland Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons." The front gate CM's don't own Disneyland so they can still let us in as long as the owners don't find out. And also my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?

• no flash photography...

And also my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?
    yeah, I own more than two shares, so I say restrict admission while I'm there. I don't like crowds....

• Minion

I was there one year when they turned is away because they had met capacity. They told my family that only APs were allowed to enter other than those who were already in. So as far as I can tell it means max capacity (which I heard was 700,000) minus however many premium APs there are is the number of people they can sell tickets to (blackout day tickets included).

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cdkihano View Post
    I was there one year when they turned is away because they had met capacity. They told my family that only APs were allowed to enter other than those who were already in. So as far as I can tell it means max capacity (which I heard was 700,000) minus however many premium APs there are is the number of people they can sell tickets to (blackout day tickets included).
    700,000? WOW! So that explains things!

I think you meant more like 70,000.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

my 9 year old son owns two shares of Disney stock. So if he says I can go in is that ok?

Absolutely, and if they give you any problem at the front gate just drop my name I own a few hundred shares myself.

But if you really want a shareholder perk buy the same amount of shares Steve Jobs did and you can designate someone to rebuild a ride anyway you want. Pretty neat huh?
    Last edited by mousechild; 12-29-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast