Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Question Benefits for DLR CMs....

I was just browsing the In N Out website and I stumbled upon all of the benefits that their full time employees have. It's a common topic that In N Out and many other companies in So Cal are one reason why the DLR has such employment issues.

What kind of benefits do full time CMs at the DLR receive - medical, dental, paid vacation....?

• Banned User

Re: Benefits for DLR CMs....

the disney website will have that information. in the search engine on the site, enter disney careers and it will go to the careers site.

• Banned User

I don't know what In N Out pays, but, DL has a horribly low pay scale in my opinion. I couldn't live on their pay, that's for sure!

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I don't know what In N Out pays, but, DL has a horribly low pay scale in my opinion. I couldn't live on their pay, that's for sure!
    I think they start at $9.50/hr and bump up $0.50 every time they move up to the next position.

• Goofy

unfortunately I hear they take alot of their paycheck.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    unfortunately I hear they take alot of their paycheck.
    You get that where ever unions are present unfortunately.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I think they start at $9.50/hr and bump up $0.50 every time they move up to the next position.
    Like I said, I could not live on that amount. ha! If you are a high school student, or even college, that might be okay if you live at home.

• Goofy

yeah I work at a grocery store too so its kinda the same i guess.

One cannot live on Disney Alone, unless you're working in the Professional fields and that's iffy. A good friend of mine worked in the accounting department and Disney worked her butt off. The pay was a lot less than what she makes now. She was once told by her boss that Disney's attitude towards employees(CM) is there's a line of people willing to work for less. Kinda made her sad, but in the end it was an experience.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    One cannot live on Disney Alone, unless you're working in the Professional fields and that's iffy. A good friend of mine worked in the accounting department and Disney worked her butt off. The pay was a lot less than what she makes now. She was once told by her boss that Disney's attitude towards employees(CM) is there's a line of people willing to work for less. Kinda made her sad, but in the end it was an experience.
    Maybe Iger will change this, and make Disney better for workers. Walt understood how important CMs were, he would have done whatever possible to hire good ones.

Going from attractions RO to attractions Lead/Trainer is a $1.25 raise. Current attractions pay is $9.05.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Maybe Iger will change this, and make Disney better for workers. Walt understood how important CMs were, he would have done whatever possible to hire good ones.
    Hope so!!! I guess with stock holders and profit targets, the bottom line is $$$ and profits..

• Old Timer

Maybe someone in the company should read "In search of excellence" a book that was written about how good Disney management was pre Eisner. They could relearn what worked so well for years.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I was just browsing the In N Out website and I stumbled upon all of the benefits that their full time employees have. It's a common topic that In N Out and many other companies in So Cal are one reason why the DLR has such employment issues.

What kind of benefits do full time CMs at the DLR receive - medical, dental, paid vacation....?
    Benefits? Here are a few.

1. Being treated with mockery and contempt by both management and a large portion of people who pay to get into the park.

2. Being paid the very minimum to work with what is considered 'heavy machinery', being such, if they mess up, people can get injured or worse...die.

3. Medical, Dental and vacation of sorts. The costs for healthcare have skyrocketed for all, it's a good thing that it's still reasonably affordable - but at the rate they are raising rates..not for long. Vacation? Ha, only on the 'off' season, and if you are a cast member and at least the goodly portion of your face isn't brown (and not from chocolate frosting, lemme tell ya) you don't get a vacation for more than a few days (even if you have hundreds of hours available) because everyone else is on vacation and at the park. Now, if a goodly portion of your face is brown, and you can tell us what any given 3 managers had for breakfast the last week or so, then you can pretty much take off whenever you wish.

I do sound bitter, and I am - on behalf of all cast members who get 'poo'd upon' by everyone who thinks they and their jobs don't matter, and that they are all easily replaceable. That is until they have a crappy day at the park and a cast member helps them out, above and beyond the call of duty. Or until someone gets hurt on a ride, and then everyone screams for 'better employees' who can make sure the park runs like it should.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Benefits? Here are a few.

1. Being treated with mockery and contempt by both management and a large portion of people who pay to get into the park.

2. Being paid the very minimum to work with what is considered 'heavy machinery', being such, if they mess up, people can get injured or worse...die.

3. Medical, Dental and vacation of sorts. The costs for healthcare have skyrocketed for all, it's a good thing that it's still reasonably affordable - but at the rate they are raising rates..not for long. Vacation? Ha, only on the 'off' season, and if you are a cast member and at least the goodly portion of your face isn't brown (and not from chocolate frosting, lemme tell ya) you don't get a vacation for more than a few days (even if you have hundreds of hours available) because everyone else is on vacation and at the park. Now, if a goodly portion of your face is brown, and you can tell us what any given 3 managers had for breakfast the last week or so, then you can pretty much take off whenever you wish.

I do sound bitter, and I am - on behalf of all cast members who get 'poo'd upon' by everyone who thinks they and their jobs don't matter, and that they are all easily replaceable. That is until they have a crappy day at the park and a cast member helps them out, above and beyond the call of duty. Or until someone gets hurt on a ride, and then everyone screams for 'better employees' who can make sure the park runs like it should.
    Dude, you better shut up. People (fans and CMs alike) here don't like it when they are told 'the man' is putting them down. Just watch yourself - your reputation on this forum might go down...in other words, serious business.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast