Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How early for "Remember"?

I'm going on my annual Disneyland trip this Saturday, and we're staying two days, but not on Sunday night. So I have a big question: when is the earliest time to wait for Remember in the general hub area (also where in) and not miss too much precious time? Thanks...

• Banned User

Re: How early for "Remember"?

they start setting up about hour and a half before the show.. (where you can stand/sit or have to move..)

so i would say hour half if you want good seating... try to find out where you can be ahead..

• CM for 4 years!

I would say a half hour, if you can settle for a spot slightly down Main Street. You'll still get a good spot to see the show. Maybe not perfect, but good. Hopefully in the ring of trees around the Hub somewhere. I've watched the show by the Kodak Photo Store on Main St. and still gotten a really great view, but it's been looking past some heads.

If you have small children, then 1 1/2 hours before, so that you can get a spot in the seated area, directly in front of the castle. That way no one has to sit on anyone's shoulders, and you can all curl up on a blanket.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I say the people lining up 4 hours in advance are lunatics. I agree with melmel. Show up by 9 pm and there are still plenty of fine spots where you don't have obnoxious people whining that you need to sit down Honestly, I don't think the sit down area is the best. The castle blocks some of the low-level effects quite a bit. I think the ideal viewing spot is in the middle of main street, around Coke Corner.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Gay Man

The area in front of the Hub, slightly to th left, is, bar-none, the BEST place to see Remember. But, you have to get there early to get a good spot. I walked by about an hour and a half before the show and the area was completely filled in front and almost completely filled on the sides of the Hub - and that was a Wednesday night.

If you haven't seen the show yet, invest the time to see it from that area. I've seen it all over the park at this point and in front of the Hub is the absolute best place to see the show.

This is the BEST fireworks show Disney has ever done. It is worth it to see it in a good spot.

• Social Imagineer

They're all lying. (except, of course, for Not Afraid)

The best spot IS in the area of the Hub right in front of the Castle. The entire show is designed to be seen from there. Yes, some of the rare, lower-level fireworks are obstructed by your amazing view of the projected-upon, special-lighting-resplendent Sleeping Beauty Castle, the centerpiece of the entire production. There is no spot in the Park that compares with this one, but - yes - you would have to camp out significantly to secure a spot here. 2 hours minimum to get street space, about an hour longer to get coveted Hub curb space, and perhaps 45 minutes even longer than that to get world-envied bench space.

There are other good spots to watch the fireworks. You can still see the Castle and Tinkerbell from, say, the Coke Corner area of Main Street. And perhaps only an hour of waiting would be necessary for a good spot in this area.

Personally, I prefer 3 hours of seated waiting over 1 hour of standing waiting. Your mileage may vary.

Well, I'm trying to get the best space and spot that can be taken within about 40 minutes of waiting time...(remember: this is an annual trip, gotta make the most out of it, plus the people I'm with surely aren't going to wait two hours for a fireworks show, no matter how amazing it is, and I know how amazing it is)...

• Official MC Thread Killer

You can walk up and get a GREAT spot standing near the Blue Ribbon Bakery (the hub effects continue all the way down to there) about 5-10 minutes before the show. You can see practically everything (spin wheels and Tink's "drop" from the Matterhorn are a bit sketchy, though, but not bad)! It was probably one of my favorite spots we had...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Disneyland Freak

8pm would be an ideal time to get a great spot.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Social Imagineer

Hmmm, a great spot for watching (though not for hearing) is right between Dumbo and Monstro in Fantasyland. Waiting time required: About 10 minutes.

• Basking in birthday love

The best view for the shortest wait is Main Street Railroad Station, bar none. You can get there 20-30 minutes before and get a bench at the top (don't watch from the bottom of the stairs, or you'll miss some stuff). You miss out on the 360-degree feeling you get from further up Main Street, and the projections can be a bit hard to make out, but the high angle is actually much better for viewing the laser effects, and you can see the Toontown fireworks in the context of the castle. Plus, when the show is over, you can hop right on the train for quick access to the rest of the park without having to fight the crowds, or, if you feel you've reached the end of your day, you're right at the exit.

If you want to economize your time spent waiting for shows, you might want to view the fireworks from the Rivers of America (New Orleans side, not Frontierland side). It puts the castle fireworks beside Toontown instead of in front, which is a little weird, but if you pick the right spot (which experience tells me is right in front of Haunted Mansion, near the back of the riverside seating), you can see the low castle effects like spinners and fire, Tink's flight, and, if you get the spot just right, the top of the castle, so you can see at least the color effects. This best maximizes your time if you watch the 9:00 Fantasmic! from the spot you've picked for Remember. It may be a 20-30 minute wait for Fantasmic!, but your wait for Remember afterward is only 5 minutes.

There was a great comparison of viewing areas on MousePlanet a while back. I don't remember the exact link, but if you head over there and do a search for "remember viewing", you should find it. I know it's been extremely useful to me in planning my evenings at the park.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5
    Well, I'm trying to get the best space and spot that can be taken within about 40 minutes of waiting time...(remember: this is an annual trip, gotta make the most out of it, plus the people I'm with surely aren't going to wait two hours for a fireworks show, no matter how amazing it is, and I know how amazing it is)...
    I know that feeling...being a non-local, myself, when I go to DL, it's a vacation...none of this sitting on a bench for 6 hours stuff that locals have the time for! My time is too valuable! I really don't agree with the view that the seating only section is the best view. It's great, but you admit that some pyro is blocked, but you can see the images on the castle well. Well, unless you are blind as a bat, you can still see everything on the castle well near Coke Corner. And if it's the difference between waiting 3 hours for a spot and showing up at 9 pm, I don't really even see how that can be an argument, especially for a vacationer like the starter of this thread. Folks like us don't have the luxury of relaxation...we sleep AFTER the trip (and tend our aching feet...)
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Best spot is to the left of astro orbitor in the street. Just stay away from the walkway they created going out of tomorrowland cause it has a little noise pollution. You get a great view of the matterhorn and the castle from there with a wait of 30 min. Trying to wait 3 hours for the front is absolutely stupid and it is crowded as all heck. Not to mention you can sit down in this area while you are waiting.

Thanks everyone for the input, especially pyrateslife4me84, I needed that kind of view. I think that locals are a little too spoiled with DL, so three-hour waits are nothing more. They can go on Space Mountain tomorrow. Splash? Who needs it. And they haven't gone on Big Thunder in a while. Maybe next week.

Yeah, well, us vacationers have to do this all sometime in less than a day! So, really, thank you for showing me good spots with tiny waiting times. About twenty minutes is probably all my party is gonna take. And don't get me started about the situation if they're cancelled. I'll be a roast duck if that happens. (yes, they're VERY impatient and just love cramming every last second down)

I'll be enjoying my trip tomorrow, thanks!...

have tons o fun!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast