View Poll Results: What do you think about the Castle's new change?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! It's perfect! Don't change a thing! (Explain please.)

37 31.09%
  • I like it, but it needs work for next year... (Explain please.)

75 63.03%
  • I hate it! I hope they don't bring it back. (Explain please.)

7 5.88%
  • Other (Explain please.)

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - Was it a win or lose in your eyes?

From the pictures, I think it looks great! I don't see why it needs to be all decked out on the Fantasyland-side since that side of the castle is just an afterthought. It's not the photogenic side. I mean, do you put Christmas lights on the back of your house? Same idea as far as I see it.

• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

I really liked the castle during the day. But I thought the lights on the snow was a little over the top.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I loved it and thought it looked beautiful.....mostly. I think they need to figure a way to make the icicles (and visible wires, cords, etc) look better during the day and, as everyone said, include the backside of the castle. At night though...it was breathtaking

So, my choice would be I loved it, but it could use a little work.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hate to sound like an echo, but fix the back. I want 360 degrees of beauty!

• Imaginative Possibilities

The castle looked gorgeous for this first attempt at holiday decor. There are a few improvements that could and most likely will be made for next year. As my girlfriend was staring at it she told me, "The castle looks so small, I thought it was bigger..." This is true, the castle forced perspective looks great but the lights didnt keep that effect intact at night. Perhaps, bigger light bulbs could be used at the bottom and keep the smaller ones at the top to keep the illusion going.

Also, only the back of the castle was decorated(remember its the back not the front), if it really snowed then both the front and back would be covered in snow. I understand they were only testing it out this year but never the less, it ruined the show a bit for me. It seemed so inviting to walk to the castle, it made you think, "if it looks this good on this side imagine the other side!" only to be met with nothing...improvements will HOPEFULLY be made but I thought the decor was a success!
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Thanks everyone for giving such great responses!

I added a few more pictures into the first post showing the undecorated back part of the castle and some turrets not covered in snow...

(Bad show!)

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Add me to the group of "I loved it, it was beautiful, but fix the backside!"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    If the rest of the park got the attention that the castle and IASW did for Christmas, it would be more than words could describe.
    ... and it could probably be seen from space.

If there is such a thing as "too much" I think the castle would be a good example of it this year.

We were there in the end of November/beginning of December. I was really excited to see the castle with the new holiday decorations. When I finally got to see it both at night and during the day I am sorry to say that I was really unimpressed It just didn't work for me...seemed kind of "cold" and not in a winter wonderland type of way. It was just tacky, plastic and waaaay beneath Disney standards as far as the attention to detail especially with the view of the back of the castle from Fantasyland with the decorations wrapping around only to the extent that were using up the excess lights from the front.

Jen

]

• Magic Making

I know I said dont change anything. What I mean is, dont change they way it looks, like design wise, just make it look better.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I loved it and thought it looked beautiful.....mostly. I think they need to figure a way to make the icicles (and visible wires, cords, etc) look better during the day and, as everyone said, include the backside of the castle. At night though...it was breathtaking

So, my choice would be I loved it, but it could use a little work.
    I know this is not a huge factor, but my techie mind must speak.

Wires in lighting are whats inside of the "cord" which we call a cable. A cable can be different types. For instance, the ones used on the castle are socapex lighting cable for dimming, and DMX 512 ( Digital MultiPlex 512 channels) which is used for digital data transmission and addressing lighting.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Even before I looked at your photos I voted that I like it but it needs improvement precisely because the back side was not complete. If they did a complete job then I would have voted even better for it.

Hopefully next year they will do it the Disney normally does it and be extremely detailed.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    The castle looked gorgeous for this first attempt at holiday decor. There are a few improvements that could and most likely will be made for next year. As my girlfriend was staring at it she told me, "The castle looks so small, I thought it was bigger..." This is true, the castle forced perspective looks great but the lights didnt keep that effect intact at night. Perhaps, bigger light bulbs could be used at the bottom and keep the smaller ones at the top to keep the illusion going.

Also, only the back of the castle was decorated(remember its the back not the front), if it really snowed then both the front and back would be covered in snow. I understand they were only testing it out this year but never the less, it ruined the show a bit for me. It seemed so inviting to walk to the castle, it made you think, "if it looks this good on this side imagine the other side!" only to be met with nothing...improvements will HOPEFULLY be made but I thought the decor was a success!
    I get so OCD over things like this, its insane.

They are not light bulbs. Remember LEDs are diodes and the light is a Lamp. Light bulbs are what you use in your household table lamps.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    I get so OCD over things like this, its insane.

They are not light bulbs. Remember LEDs are diodes and the light is a Lamp. Light bulbs are what you use in your household table lamps.
    Cool your engine sparky...im simply implying the lights themselves should keep the illusion intact...so to correctly put it then...large amount of LEDs towards the bottom and less amount towards the top...or who knows maybe they'll use a different type of lighting fixtures next year...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• "I Break Things"

Just me... but I thought it was over the top typical Disney, and miss the simple quaint wreath and garlands... I think that the snow on the castle looks completely out of place without snow falling, ice in the moat, and freezing cold temperatures... in short it reminded me of those little snow covered villages department stores always pawn off on people.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast