View Poll Results: What do you think about the Castle's new change?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! It's perfect! Don't change a thing! (Explain please.)

37 31.09%
  • I like it, but it needs work for next year... (Explain please.)

75 63.03%
  • I hate it! I hope they don't bring it back. (Explain please.)

7 5.88%
  • Other (Explain please.)

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Goofy

Re: Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - Was it a win or lose in your eyes?

oh I also love the snow during the day time.

I loved that castle this year! Obviously the back was ugly, but i dunno if anyone has writen this yet, but they ran out of money..... (why didnt they have enough? i dunno....but they just did, They had a bugget for all the parks) But i personly loved it! And for those of you who were only able to see it via internet, dont worry, it actually looks the same in real life =D

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    I loved that castle this year! Obviously the back was ugly, but i dunno if anyone has writen this yet, but they ran out of money..... (why didnt they have enough? i dunno....but they just did, They had a bugget for all the parks) But i personly loved it! And for those of you who were only able to see it via internet, dont worry, it actually looks the same in real life =D
    Really? That's interesting. Do you have a source stating that? I would really like to read it.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

No, my source was a cast member( cannot say who) but they talk to leads daily, and they simply stated that they ran out of money for the rest of the castle, SINCE they had a buget for all the castles
    Sorry =D

• Bring Your Own Redemption

The bottomline for me is this: Make it complete.

Do the sides, the back, and the entire castle next year. If not, good riddance!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

My biggest complaint was the "show" that accompanied the lighting. It was kind of built up, to make sure to be there for the lighting, and then it was awful. The lights on the castle were nice, but if you're going to "light it in stages" then do it. Don't light up everything during stage one's ceremony, then turn them off; stage two they lit everything again and turned some of them off again (leaving a few more lights lit than at stage 1). I guess for people who didn't see the ceremonies it would be lit in stages with progressively more lights.

I voted that I liked the castle but needs some tweaking for next year.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

If Disney doesn't read this, they'll probably definitely see your suggestions under the DisneylandPodcast video of Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle on YouTube.

If you have an account, post a comment here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJ80yeexSk. I see that one person has already done so...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Space Fanatic

Everything was great except for the snow. I would have preferred if they completely covered the rofftops with snow. The patchy effect didn't come out looking too good.

• Banned User

I put I love it! It's perfect! Don't change a thing! (Explain please.)
    but I now realize the back of the castle was not done, why?? they need to do the entire castle, not the front only. it was pretty, and so pretty at night. but next year I hope they "finish the job

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

So, from reading all of your great comments, this is what I'm getting as the general
    consensus so far for what the Winter Castle should be like for next year:

- Complete the backside of the Castle
    - Make all the turrets/roofs have snow tarps or snow/icicles
    - Cover the hanging "lights" into more realistic-looking icicles
    - Have just ONE SHOW for the castle lighting ceremony -- light it once and be done with it (maybe improve the show overall next year as well)

----

Curious, does anyone think that the "snow" theme should be carried out throughout Fantasyland? (Ie. Toad Hall is covered in patches of snow, etc.)

Keep your great comments/opinions up!!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

I don't mind it being lit in stages, but don't make such a production out of it. Maybe all the lights could just come on bit by bit over an hour or two, with nothing else. I don't know; I just found their show to be sappy and icky and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown for what it is.

Yes, I think it would be a lot of fun to have snow decor in Fantasyland. I like snow, I just don't like cold so this is the best of both worlds. All the pretty, none of the freezing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I think it's beautiful and wonderful, just needs some work for next year. First year, first try!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

well one of the reasons it was not covered in the back was because the castle is basically connected to the fantasyland buildings. Covering only the small castle portion with snow would make it look out of place with the rest of the fantasyland buildings.

Other castles in other resorts received the same treatment. The icicle/snow effect was purposely done to give mainstreet a snowy effect.

Paris has special lighting along its street, Disneyland has its snow effect at night.

The problem with Anaheims concept was that it was not finished. Not enough time was allowed to add the rest of the snow in the castles courtyard as well as its snowed Christmas trees in the moat and courtyard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well one of the reasons it was not covered in the back was because the castle is basically connected to the fantasyland buildings. Covering only the small castle portion with snow would make it look out of place with the rest of the fantasyland buildings.

Other castles in other resorts received the same treatment. The icicle/snow effect was purposely done to give mainstreet a snowy effect.

Thanks for the clarification on the snow covered castle effects. I noticed that, similar to Sleeping Beauty's castle, the snow on Cinderella's castle did not continue toward the Fantasyland side but I wasn't sure about HKDL.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

The resort has been setting itself up to celebrate both Major Holidays.

Halloween which will continue to expand in both parks with major entertainment additions and Christmas which is already huge at Disneyland but will continue to grow in DCA.

Disneyland has just been receiving small changes for Christmas so that it does not become stale.

The time to do all this work for both Holidays does not allow for evenmore work to be done to the rest of Fantasyland. Maybe in the future other additions will be added while other things changed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast