View Poll Results: What do you think about the Castle's new change?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! It's perfect! Don't change a thing! (Explain please.)

37 31.09%
  • I like it, but it needs work for next year... (Explain please.)

75 63.03%
  • I hate it! I hope they don't bring it back. (Explain please.)

7 5.88%
  • Other (Explain please.)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• revolutionary waltz

Re: Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - Was it a win or lose in your eyes?

I think this was a very good try and a "win" in terms of first tries. It was very well put together, considering it was only their first year. As long as they learn their lesson, of course, I'm impressed by this year's efforts. :]

The only thing I think could use changing is, obviously, the side facing Fantasyland. Make the look complete and I'll be happy. The wires, etc. I excuse for now because they will always be at least somewhat visible. It's impossible to make "invisible" wires, even with dyes, etc, but as long as they are invisible to those who do not seek to find the wires, I'm good with them overall. :]
    Last edited by TwilitWings; 12-30-2007 at 10:59 PM.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i think that the castle looks impressive in the daytime, but incredibly jaw dropping at night
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well one of the reasons it was not covered in the back was because the castle is basically connected to the fantasyland buildings. Covering only the small castle portion with snow would make it look out of place with the rest of the fantasyland buildings.
    The back of the Castle was, for the most part, covered with snow. The snow just wasn't covered in LEDs.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I voted that I liked it, but I have 3 suggestions on improvements for next year.

#1. The snow and icicle effects during the day need to be more elaborate and not so *cartoony* looking. I was disappointed and surprised on how the castle looked during the day.

#2. The effects they used on the castle need to be done throughout the entire castle, and not just in front.

#3. Like the art drawing they used for this concept, they need to add the Christmas trees in the moat area...those were missed by me!

Other than that, what Disney did was fabulous! And if you were looking at the front of the castle at night, it was absolutely beautiful. I thought it was a wonderful addition to the holiday make-over.

Patrick

• Minion

ORWEN: Hmmm.... so they ran out of money and couldn't finish the back side of the castle's holiday decor? Well, when I go into a shop and don't have enough money to buy a whole dress, I sure don't come out with just HALF a dress--taking home only the parts of it I could afford at the time. Next time Disney Management should wait until they can afford to decorate the whole thing and then do it right!

ORDDU: Still, it was good to see that they have some good ideas that may be more fully realized next year.

ORGOCH: Ya mean there's even gonna' BE a next year? From what I been seein' inside the ol' crystal ball, lately, well....

• Disney Night Owl

Unfortunately I have not been to the park to see the castle in person, but from all the pictures I've seen, I think the castle looks amazing with the snow theme to it. At night it's pretty spectacular with all the lights and I even like the snow during the daytime. However I do whole heartedly agree that the back of the castle facing Fantasyland should be snow themed as well and not left out. I personally would love to see the snow theme come back every year because it adds quite a bit of magic to the whole holiday atmosphere.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

I absolutely loved it.

The first night I was in the resort, I watched the lighting show from right in front of the castle. The music, the lighting sequence, the snow, it all clicked, and gave me serious goosebumps.

Good Show Disney! - Now let's expand on it further next year!

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I voted that I liked it, but I have 3 suggestions on improvements for next year.

#1. The snow and icicle effects during the day need to be more elaborate and not so *cartoony* looking. I was disappointed and surprised on how the castle looked during the day.

#2. The effects they used on the castle need to be done throughout the entire castle, and not just in front.

#3. Like the art drawing they used for this concept, they need to add the Christmas trees in the moat area...those were missed by me!

Other than that, what Disney did was fabulous! And if you were looking at the front of the castle at night, it was absolutely beautiful. I thought it was a wonderful addition to the holiday make-over.

Patrick
    I would love to see some Christmas tress as well....Would be cool if they were covered in snow as well

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I didn't see it in person, but based on videos and pictures of it, it was a win for me.

• Still lost in Neverland

I thought it was wonderful and loved it very much. The work that need to be done is to make it look better during the day. And around back they need to do a better job of hiding the electrical cords. That was a bad show with all those extension cords and connections just hanging around back there. It didn't look safe either. Other than that, at night it was spectacular! I mean really spectacular.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345