Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135
  1. #1

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,227
    Blog Entries
    2

    Talking Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Honk...err, post if you love Fantasmic! DLR or WDW...


  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Honk! Honk! I love it!

  3. #3

    •   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    I just want to say I love this thread and I hope others enjoy it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,075

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    HONK! I love Fantasmic!

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    I LOVE Fantasmic!
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

  6. #6

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    I like Fantasmic!, though I don't love it. I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS (though it does have a nice tendency to drain the attraction queues occasionally), but it's a fun show with catchy (if cheesy at times) music. I've seen the entire thing twice, I think, and I don't need to see it in whole again anytime soon, but I do watch bits and pieces of it as I go by, and I enjoy it well enough. I agree with our resident foc's'le swab that thematically, it really doesn't fit at all with NOS or Frontierland, but I can accept a break in thematic continuity in this case, since that bend of ROA does create a somewhat unique entertainment venue opportunity.


  7. #7

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,971
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    .... you had to go there huh?

    Well in all the years and all the times I've been to Disneyland I've only ever seen it once, the very first year it opened. We sat on the grass across from TSI (yes, there was grass there at that time), I took my shoes off, sat back and totally enjoyed the show.

    Maybe I should attempt to watch it again so I can have a current opinion as to if I still like the show or not.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  8. #8

    • Bring Your Own Redemption
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    818

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Yay! Go Fantasmic!, go!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #9

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,244

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    I'm a Fantasmic! lover myself. I'm willing to accept any thematic breaks mainly because it is a show that really doesn't fit into a theater setting. It needs the sweeping outdoor venue of the ROA bend. I think the whole "it breaks theme" thing is a bit week since you often see Cruella and Rafiki on Main St where they most certainly do not belong. Nor do Burt, the Penguins or Marry Poppins. Or a whole host of other characters. There are thematic breaks all over the place, many that Walt himself instituted and supported (Fairytale Castle COMPLETELY visible from a turn of the century American Mid-west main street? And this isn't a problem how? I think it's about time we drop the thematic break argument. Theme is important for a land, I am not saying it isn't so no one jump down my throat about that. Theme is very important. Having the details correct and minute makes that land very real. However, there are transition points where theme is going to mix and blend and not be perfect in every direction. From the ROA you can see elements of 5 lands. NOS, Frontierland, Adventureland, Critter Country and Fantasyland. In my humble and insignificant opinion, ROA is the PERFECT place for Fantasmic! because it is a meeting place of so many themes. And I think they realized this when they decided to put it there.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS
    There is also a show that creates an absolute nightmare on Main Street, in the Hub, near IASW, in Frontierland and NOS, oh and it even shuts down an entire land...but, people don't fight to get rid of it.
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I like Fantasmic!, though I don't love it. I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS (though it does have a nice tendency to drain the attraction queues occasionally), but it's a fun show with catchy (if cheesy at times) music. I've seen the entire thing twice, I think, and I don't need to see it in whole again anytime soon, but I do watch bits and pieces of it as I go by, and I enjoy it well enough. I agree with our resident foc's'le swab that thematically, it really doesn't fit at all with NOS or Frontierland, but I can accept a break in thematic continuity in this case, since that bend of ROA does create a somewhat unique entertainment venue opportunity.
    what he said I loved it the first time, and do enjoy it when I do see it. I also love how it drains the rides for a while

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    honk! I ♥ F!

  13. #13

    • BATTLE COMBINER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington STATE.
    Posts
    526

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Honk honk

    I do think that Fantasmic is being picked on by random idiots. I am fine if someone simply doesn't like it, but if they don't like it for illogical reasons, I get kind of mad.

    Fantasmic is criticized for being 'out of place / theme'.

    Well, it really isn't.

    You can already see half a dozen parks from RoA, and that doesn't seem in theme, does it?

    Well?

    So, what is wrong with Fantasmic being there? As previously stated by my bro, who is awesome at disney debates, RoA is the perfect blending place of all themes. So, Fantasmic fits darn well there too. I cna understand if someone doesn't like it because it's loud, but if you don't like it for being 'out of theme' your argument is pretty lopsided. Because clearly, it is NOT out of theme. Every place needs a blending point, like Finding Nemo, which blends fantasy and adventure. The path from AL to FL blend the two themes seamlessly.

    Why can't Fantasmic blend them all?

  14. #14

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    lover Of Fantasmic!!!!






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  15. #15

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I like Fantasmic!, though I don't love it. I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS (though it does have a nice tendency to drain the attraction queues occasionally), but it's a fun show with catchy (if cheesy at times) music. I've seen the entire thing twice, I think, and I don't need to see it in whole again anytime soon, but I do watch bits and pieces of it as I go by, and I enjoy it well enough. I agree with our resident foc's'le swab that thematically, it really doesn't fit at all with NOS or Frontierland, but I can accept a break in thematic continuity in this case, since that bend of ROA does create a somewhat unique entertainment venue opportunity.
    HONK! HONK!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Tom Chaney Appreciation Thread
    By Radiobarry in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
  2. The Everyone Else Appreciation Thread
    By sunnygirl in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
  3. The Dantasmic Appreciation thread
    By Princess Buttercup in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 08:55 PM
  4. The Sadako Appreciation Thread
    By Cacopelao! in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •