Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Talking Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

Honk...err, post if you love Fantasmic! DLR or WDW...

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic! appreciation thread!

Honk! Honk! I love it!

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I just want to say I love this thread and I hope others enjoy it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

HONK! I love Fantasmic!

I LOVE Fantasmic!
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

• =)

I like Fantasmic!, though I don't love it. I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS (though it does have a nice tendency to drain the attraction queues occasionally), but it's a fun show with catchy (if cheesy at times) music. I've seen the entire thing twice, I think, and I don't need to see it in whole again anytime soon, but I do watch bits and pieces of it as I go by, and I enjoy it well enough. I agree with our resident foc's'le swab that thematically, it really doesn't fit at all with NOS or Frontierland, but I can accept a break in thematic continuity in this case, since that bend of ROA does create a somewhat unique entertainment venue opportunity.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

.... you had to go there huh?

Well in all the years and all the times I've been to Disneyland I've only ever seen it once, the very first year it opened. We sat on the grass across from TSI (yes, there was grass there at that time), I took my shoes off, sat back and totally enjoyed the show.

Maybe I should attempt to watch it again so I can have a current opinion as to if I still like the show or not.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Yay! Go Fantasmic!, go!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• I'm not really here

I'm a Fantasmic! lover myself. I'm willing to accept any thematic breaks mainly because it is a show that really doesn't fit into a theater setting. It needs the sweeping outdoor venue of the ROA bend. I think the whole "it breaks theme" thing is a bit week since you often see Cruella and Rafiki on Main St where they most certainly do not belong. Nor do Burt, the Penguins or Marry Poppins. Or a whole host of other characters. There are thematic breaks all over the place, many that Walt himself instituted and supported (Fairytale Castle COMPLETELY visible from a turn of the century American Mid-west main street? And this isn't a problem how? I think it's about time we drop the thematic break argument. Theme is important for a land, I am not saying it isn't so no one jump down my throat about that. Theme is very important. Having the details correct and minute makes that land very real. However, there are transition points where theme is going to mix and blend and not be perfect in every direction. From the ROA you can see elements of 5 lands. NOS, Frontierland, Adventureland, Critter Country and Fantasyland. In my humble and insignificant opinion, ROA is the PERFECT place for Fantasmic! because it is a meeting place of so many themes. And I think they realized this when they decided to put it there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS
    There is also a show that creates an absolute nightmare on Main Street, in the Hub, near IASW, in Frontierland and NOS, oh and it even shuts down an entire land...but, people don't fight to get rid of it.
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

• Banned User

I like Fantasmic!, though I don't love it. I think it creates an absolute nightmare in most of NOS (though it does have a nice tendency to drain the attraction queues occasionally), but it's a fun show with catchy (if cheesy at times) music. I've seen the entire thing twice, I think, and I don't need to see it in whole again anytime soon, but I do watch bits and pieces of it as I go by, and I enjoy it well enough. I agree with our resident foc's'le swab that thematically, it really doesn't fit at all with NOS or Frontierland, but I can accept a break in thematic continuity in this case, since that bend of ROA does create a somewhat unique entertainment venue opportunity.
    what he said I loved it the first time, and do enjoy it when I do see it. I also love how it drains the rides for a while

honk! I ♥ F!

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Honk honk

I do think that Fantasmic is being picked on by random idiots. I am fine if someone simply doesn't like it, but if they don't like it for illogical reasons, I get kind of mad.

Fantasmic is criticized for being 'out of place / theme'.

Well, it really isn't.

You can already see half a dozen parks from RoA, and that doesn't seem in theme, does it?

Well?

So, what is wrong with Fantasmic being there? As previously stated by my bro, who is awesome at disney debates, RoA is the perfect blending place of all themes. So, Fantasmic fits darn well there too. I cna understand if someone doesn't like it because it's loud, but if you don't like it for being 'out of theme' your argument is pretty lopsided. Because clearly, it is NOT out of theme. Every place needs a blending point, like Finding Nemo, which blends fantasy and adventure. The path from AL to FL blend the two themes seamlessly.

Why can't Fantasmic blend them all?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

lover Of Fantasmic!!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Fancy that...

HONK! HONK!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast