Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: New Year's Eve 2008! News and Running Trip Report

Hrmn... found an old post of mine from last year about the restriction phases. I believe the information is still the same and hasn't changed much (if at all). I do miss working at the Disney Desks sometimes.

... and to touch base on a point that was made since my last post, having to get Lead approval to sell a 1-day ticket pretty much means that they stopped selling it since they aren't allowing sales of it to the public anymore except for special circumstances.

Wonder if they did the "delayed Disneyland Park entry" tickets today, where they sell a 1-day ticket but only allow it to be used at DCA at first but can be used at DLP at a later time.

Whenever Disneyland Park needs to restrict access, single-day passes (whether it's a Park Hopper or not) are the FIRST to get restricted out. That means that you cannot buy single-day tickets at the Box Office because at that moment, single-day passes are not usable at all to get into Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure. At that time they also stop selling Annual Passport Blockout tickets.

If attendance in the Park rises to certain levels, they start restricting more and more groups out... next would be pre-purchased multi-day passports from non-Resort Hotel Guests (this is also when they stop selling all multi-day passports at the Box Office), then Annual Passholders that are not normally blocked out that day (yes they can be denied access as well), and then in worse case scenarios, re-entry Guests and Resort Hotel Guests.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I did get a report from my roommate's brother, who was at Disneyland earlier in the day and Park hopped to DCA... and he said DCA is pretty much dead right now and that they were planning on spending the rest of the day there. I doubt it'll be like that for long (especially with MyFM's (formerly K-BIG) New Years Eve party that will be going on later tonight and everyone being denied entrance into Disneyland and directed to DCA instead.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Here's something funny: At 11:15 am this morning 12/31 the Space Mountain Fastpass line was longer than the standby line !!!!

And then, get this: if you got a Fast Pass for Space at 11:15 am.....it said to come back between 8:15-9:15 pm tonight !!!! Can you imagine?

I'm serious, that Space Fastpass line was way out to the beginning of the Pizza Port.

Of course that was BEFORE I won "Dream Fastpasses" to every singe ride in the both Parks !!!

---Not that I'm bragging or anything.

Anyway, it is packed, or was packed and that was at 11:15 am . Even the lil 'ol Jungle Cruise had a line way out to the Adventure Land Traders.

But spirits are good!

ok maybe it is good i stayed home :/ i still would like to be there........ NAAAAA ill go another day ^^

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If any of you guys go to Zocalo for dinner say hi to my niece for me. She is cashiering there. She has short curly hair and glasses.

Poor thing having to deal with these crowds...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Here's something funny: At 11:15 am this morning 12/31 the Space Mountain Fastpass line was longer than the standby line !!!!

And then, get this: if you got a Fast Pass for Space at 11:15 am.....it said to come back between 8:15-9:15 pm tonight !!!! Can you imagine?

I'm serious, that Space Fastpass line was way out to the beginning of the Pizza Port.

Of course that was BEFORE I won "Dream Fastpasses" to every singe ride in the both Parks !!!

---Not that I'm bragging or anything.

Anyway, it is packed, or was packed and that was at 11:15 am . Even the lil 'ol Jungle Cruise had a line way out to the Adventure Land Traders.

But spirits are good!
    TWO reporters on the scene? Nice coverage!! Thanks to both Pisces and MG for checkin' in!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Little update from Orange/Corona area. It's pretty breezy right now, so don't be bummed if fireworks are cancelled. Have fun you hard core Disney freaks!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Lockers are, of course, now sold out for the day at Disneyland.

We got Space Mountain fastpasses about 20 mins ago and they were nearly sold out. Our return time was for 12:45-1:45am!

Disneyland Park guide map:

Wait board

Castle NYE stage

People are already laying out blankets and saving spots for the fireworks in front of the Castle. Crazy!

The inside flap of the guidemaps has info on where to party tonight:

DISNEYLAND PARK

New Year's Eve Countdown Central
    Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle - 9:00pm-12:00am

Don't miss this nonstop party, featuring periodic updates from our hosts at Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle, with the help of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse! Our DJ spins tunes throughout the night, keeping the party alive and exciting!

New Year's Eve "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks Show
    Skies above Disneyland Park - 12:00am

At midnight, the skies above Disneyland Park come to life with our signature "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks spectacular!

Live High-Energy Cajun Music
    Rivers of America - 8:00, 9:45, 11:00, 11:45pm

Plenty of fabulous music, straight out of the French Quarter, creates a Mardi Gras-style party that's not to be missed!

"it's a small world" Promenade Dance Party
    7:00pm-2:00am

Disney Characters join our DJ for a fabulous Fantasyland party! The promenade comes to life with your favorite music and more!

Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Party
    8:30, 10:00, 11:00, 11:45pm, 1:00am

Suburban Legends rocks Tomorrowland with its own distinctive style all night long!

Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party
    Plaza Gardens Stage - 7:30, 8:45, 9:50, 11:00pm, 12:15am

Doc Anello and the Swing Machine will keep everyone dancing the night away into the Nw Year!

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK

Paradise Bay Countdown 2008
    Paradise Bay - 12:00am

Our exciting midnight fireworks display on the water will be the highlight of the night with a high-energy, Top-40-filled soundtrack!

Power 106 Dance Party
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot - 9:30pm-1:00am

Dance your way into 2008 at the Power 106 Dance Party on Hollywood Blvd. Our countdown to midnight is sure to blow the roof off!

Super Estrella Dance Party
    Pacific Wharf - 9:30pm-1:00am

Your favorite Salsa, Samba and popular Latin dance hits will heat up the night at this waterfront club, hosted by DJs from the KSSE-FM 107.1 Super Estrella - and don't miss our festive midnight countdown to 2008!

104.3 MY FM Dance Party
    Golden State Amphitheater - 9:30-1:00am

DJs from 104.3 MY FM will be broadcasting LIVE from the Golden State Amphitheatre - and spinning the hottest dance hits from the '70s, '80s, and '90s! At midnight, our high-energy countdown to 2008 will light up Paradise Bay with a show that's not to be missed!

Events subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Whoa! Buzz has a longer wait than POTC & HMH? Say it ain't so!

Thanks again MG!

Working electric parade, hopfully it's fun

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Whoa! Buzz has a longer wait than POTC & HMH? Say it ain't so!

Thanks again MG!
    Buzz loads slow there may be only 400 people in line there with over 1000 each in POTC and HMH.

I bet the Sub line is underreported, I have never seen them put up a sign over 120 minutes for any ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Little update from Orange/Corona area. It's pretty breezy right now, so don't be bummed if fireworks are cancelled. Have fun you hard core Disney freaks!
    The winds haven't kicked in yet here at the coast, but they are predicting Santa Ana's so if it's getting breezy in your area it should be here within the next few hours.

Fireworks are probably going to be cancelled.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The winds haven't kicked in yet here at the coast, but they are predicting Santa Ana's so if it's getting breezy in your area it should be here within the next few hours.

Fireworks are probably going to be cancelled.
    Disney probably ordered the wind so that they could say that DCA would have fireworks and not have to actually buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the updates, Master Gracey. If Peoplemover1 is with you, tell her I said hi.
    Have fun, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see SUBURBAN LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SUBURBAN LEGENDS! NOW i wish i would have gone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast