Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone know how long will fireworks last?

Let's keep it on topic

Blame it on the AP's and their sense of "entitlement"!
    Oh the squirt guns are a given
    No need to derail new topics with old garbage

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Remember could be shown nightly...but I doubt it. At least in September, they would have to start after park closing (which is, admittedly, not unheard of...wdw will often have fireworks up to a half hour after closing). For the record, even by the end of October, sunset isn't till 6 pm...so fireworks couldn't run till about 7 pm. It is only after daylight savings time ends that the fireworks can start as early as about 6 pm. Still, I would not hold my breath on nightly fireworks--just Friday thru Sunday. I would be very skeptical of Anaheim allowing them to show something as big as Remember nightly for 18 months. They do have kids that go to school there...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Plus it looks like he Senate will pass the Energy bill on Friday, which will extend Daylight Savings Time until at least the end of November....

Plus the fact that the Parade is traditionally offered just once a day on the off-season weekdays (one reason, to allow CM that attend school; mainly performance arts classes to go to class during the day, then head to work...) So if the Parade of Dreams starts at around 7 PM, you would have a MAJOR traffic mess near the hub...

So I think that there isn't much of a chance for fireworks in September and October on weekdays... should be interesting to see what they do for the Christmas season....

Will they offer the Christmas Parade at DCA, and what about the November and early December weekdays when the park closes at 6 PM... And if the Christmas Parade is in DCA, will they offer a special Christmas version of the Fireworks at DL, or maybe an added segment to Remember, so they can use the Snow effect (a crowd favorite)...

The TDA folks have a lot of decisions to make, partly due to budget, but also logistics, and will they have enough CM's to work the three different parades (PoD, BBB and Christmas) if they decide to offer all three, and can they get some CM's to work multiple parades???

Fantasmic!, cancel it during the off-season, but bring it back for the holidays (a lot of logistics if they do that, new CM's will have to be trained) and is it worth it for about three weeks.

A lot of things are being thought over, and numbers are being crunched....

Should be interesting to see what they decide...

It should also be interesting to see what they report about the 3rd quarter (April thru June) attendance in the report coming up in the next few weeks (no date has been announced yet). As far as I have been told, it is not what TDA was hoping for, especially for DCA.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

So fantasmic is going down in the middle of summer? For what? Refurb?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Plus it looks like he Senate will pass the Energy bill on Friday, which will extend Daylight Savings Time until at least the end of November....
    but WHA#%^@(*!@_???????? That's not cool, where did you hear this?
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

We (the actual block party cms) were told Block Party Bash will be every day until at least January (but probably more likely it will be every day until it goes away). Contrary to what darkbeer seems to think... Block Party Bash is actually one of the highest rated entertainment offerings the Disneyland Resort has seen. While it is true that the overall attendance for DCA hasn't picked up much... they aren't going to take away the only thing that 75% of those surveyed would recommend as the only reason to come to DCA.

Parade of Dreams of course will be kept at 7 days a week as well.

Christmas has not been exactly nailed down... however expect for the parade to be in DCA and for it to have only one showing a day with probably only a fri/sat/sun run until the peak of the christmas season.

As for Fantasmic... it will either go down to three days a week or possibly a refurb... however we have heard rumours of remount rehearsals for september which would suggest it isn't going down entirely.

Electrical Parade will play its last performance in september... but will be back for spring break 06 at the earliest and memorial day at the latest.

And another FYI the people "running around in TDA" you all seem to talk about are actually quite pleased with how well the entertainment offerings have been recieved... so don't worry about us too much... or them either. This has been one of the best summers the disneyland resort has ever seen.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

Actually, the extension of Daylight Saving Time will not happen until 2007. This was one of the "adjustments" they needed to make on the Energy Bill for it to pass. Daylight Saving Time will be extended 4 weeks, starting 2 weeks earlier, and ending 2 weeks later. So starting in 2007, Daylight Saving Time will begin in mid-March and end in mid-November. Should be interesting, and they say this will save tons of money in energy usage because of extra daylight in the evenings for a longer duration.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal
    Actually, the extension of Daylight Saving Time will not happen until 2007. This was one of the "adjustments" they needed to make on the Energy Bill for it to pass. Daylight Saving Time will be extended 4 weeks, starting 2 weeks earlier, and ending 2 weeks later. So starting in 2007, Daylight Saving Time will begin in mid-March and end in mid-November. Should be interesting, and they say this will save tons of money in energy usage because of extra daylight in the evenings for a longer duration.

Won't that force little kids (and their old, decrepit parents) that go to bed at a decent hour into Trick or Treating in broad daylight? What is the senate thinking?
    Last edited by Giant Panda; 07-29-2005 at 05:51 AM.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda

Won't that force little kids (and their old, decrepit parents) that go to bed at a decent hour into Trick or Treating in broad daylight? What is the senate thinking?
    Huh? The sun sets at about 6 pm in October (this is with daylight savings time in effect...5 pm without). I don't think little kids have any problem trick or treating at 6:45 pm...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Lost in Wonderland

I still wonder if EP will actually come back. They might just decide (once they take a look at it) that the refurbishment will cost too much and decide to can the parade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda

thats not the problem.... think of high school kids who catch the bus ot drive to school about 6:30.... I used to do that... not imagine how dark it will be..

anyway...

I am interrested to hear this information on whats remaining in the off season for this year... (and what WDW might be thinking of borrowing in 06... come september/october...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12