Put Your Hands Togeather

Yes, I believe it's true that the level of CM at Disneyland has dropped to an all time low. It's a sad state to see CM's who don't care about the guest experiance.

Once in a while I find a few that are just awesome and I wanted to applaude openly on the board.

New Years Eve at Disneyland is a madhouse and I know underpaid CM's are only human and we saw many sagging faces. I went into the Emporium to get my traditional 2008 ears and the pin. There were no pins left, so I was told by the CM who was looking thru her cart of pins and such. I went to pay for my ears when she came up to me and said more were coming and if I could wait 5 min. she would get me one. I was very pleased since the NYE pin is pretty much all that I get pin wise - I'm not a pin hoarder. A few min. later she came out from the "back room" with the pins. Her name escapes me (thanks to NYE fun) but she was so very awesome to go out of her way to get me the pin. Thanks Emporium Pin Lady!

Another is a group of CMs at Cafe Orleans. We had reservations for 3 at 7pm and after waiting in a large line to check in, we discoverd the reservation was MIA. They were great in explaining that Disney Dining has been having "issues" and they would seat us asap. At this time, they had stopped taking walkups totally, as announced many times while waiting in the long line to check in. The host (young asian guy) and hostess (A fluffy young lady w/ long brown hair) were awesome. We sat and had a really great waiter who was on the ball, surely after an exhausting shift - even another waitress was there with refils without asking. The food was fresh and the best I've had at Cafe Orleans.

I made a mental note of all these CM's names but unfortunetly the NYE fun made me hit erase. In any case they deserve some applause and my thanks.

Re: Put Your Hands Togeather

That's great that you had such good experiences with cm's.

The unfortunate part, and one of the curses of working at Disney...most guests don't take the time to give compliments. Although, complaints sure get to City Hall. I just find it sad that human nature is more towards complaining, rather than complimenting. That isn't to say that complaints shouldn't be filed, but compliments should have their fair share as well...

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas View Post

Once in a while I find a few that are just awesome and I wanted to applaude openly on the board.

In any case they deserve some applause and my thanks.
    Nice job, Borneo. I find that most of the time if I come into a situatin with a CM with a good attitude, most will go out of their way. So glad you had such an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    That isn't to say that complaints shouldn't be filed, but compliments should have their fair share as well...
    In the Stone Age when I was there, the Disneyland "Line" employee newsletter (which I believe still exists) they used to print a "brickbats and bouquets" column with an equal number of guest compliments and complaints printed for those sent to City Hall. I found those most interesting to read, even in their edited form.

And as a former CM I will champion their cause whenever it's warranted.

And again I remind folks to think of all the good work done by folks you'll never see, to keep the magic alive.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    In the Stone Age when I was there, the Disneyland "Line" employee newsletter (which I believe still exists) they used to print a "brickbats and bouquets" column with an equal number of guest compliments and complaints printed for those sent to City Hall. I found those most interesting to read, even in their edited form.
    Fellow stone-ager here. I fondly remember "Brickbats & Bouquets" as well. In fact...I mentioned it just last month in the nitpicking thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy
    But I'm sure they're thankful for any good free advice they can get, nonetheless. As well as the criticisms and defect advisories. IMHO and experience. Heck...Disneyland thought so highly of such comments, they used to publish them in the Cast Newsletter! The section was called "Brickbats and Bouquets."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I agree, BGB - with as many 'negative cm stories we hear and/or experience' that are that many and more positive ones - but people are always quick to report the negative, unfortunately. So applause to you for stating the POSITIVE experience you had.

My wife and I have had MANY MANY positive experiences with CM's - and a few negative ones too. Kathy, in Timepieces on Main Street is awesome - she is one of our positive experiences - and whenever we are in the park during the week, we go and visit her - and she remembers us! Ruth, another cm in Timepieces is wonderful as well. Very sweet lady. We always drop in to say hello to those ladies - and all the folks that work in there are great!

So, I put my hands together regarding your NYE experience, my experiences AND the fact that you made this thread for the Good CMs who are out there making our trips all that more magical!