Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Giving up Film

Anything and Everything - Starcade

First off I would like to say that if this is not in the appropriate forum section or thread or whichever please either a.) inform me and I will do my best to have it moved or b.) if you are an admin or mod please move it to the correct location.

Secondly, wow. I've been lurking the forum since the start of December and am just amazed at how many interesting things and people are on here. From all the jungle cruise antics to the 3d model of Disney. Wonderful.

I've sent PM's to a few individuals on here, all of whom were really really helpful so...I'm extending my search to the whole board. Essentially I want to know as much about the area that is now the "Starcade" as possible. A few key things I'd like to know are:

How much of the old peoplemover track is behind the main back wall at the top?

Is there a basement to the starcade building? what is down there?

Are there blueprints or floorplans of any kind specifically for the Starcade area? or the whole building?

If anyone has any pictures of the upstairs or anywhere inside the starcade portion of that building I would certainly like to see them. I wasn't brave enough to sneak past the barriers and peek at what the upstairs is right now when I last went to the park on the 24th, and 25th.

***EDIT***

I have also looked at and read through A LOT of the other threads and forums mentioning the starcade.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Re: Anything and Everything - Starcade

Well, sorry to say, I cannot help you.

But, I do welcome you to the forums! At least, to posting in them.

Enjoy!

• Senior Minion

Welcome to MiceChat, Dusty88! Hope you stick around.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Welcome to MiceChat. I'm also interested in your Starcade question. I dont have any intimate knowledge of it myself, but do miss riding through it, and having game's on the second floor.
    Listen here disney, if your not going to do anything with the X-Wing, call me, we'll make a deal.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sorry D88, I don't have an answer for you. I'm sure someone here will know. I just wanted to say Welcome to MiceChat.

Chad

• Technological Alchemist

Interesting questions, I am trying to remember.

The track for the PM has to extend all the way across the top of the Star Trader to pass along the side of Space Mountain.

As I recall there is no basement in that area of Tomorrowland.

Depending where you are located, for your convenience, you could look at the blueprints by going to the City of Anaheim. Blueprints are public records and available for review. You can not get copies made without permission from the architect. I have personally gone to review blueprints for public buildings in the city of Anaheim.

I will see if I can find or take any pictures of it for you.

• =)

Depending where you are located, for your convenience, you could look at the blueprints by going to the City of Anaheim. Blueprints are public records and available for review. You can not get copies made without permission from the architect. I have personally gone to review blueprints for public buildings in the city of Anaheim.
    Wow! How and where (specifically) can you do this? I visited the City of Anaheim website, but found nothing. EDIT: Actually, it looks like there is info on this page near the bottom.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, Dusty88, thank you for the compliment on my model. And I have no photos of the upper level, but I can tell you the best way to get some photos (without intruding and actually going up there) would be to stand in line for Space Mountain, outdoors, on the upper patio, looking in through the Starcade windows, especially with a polarizing filter.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Actually, MHatter, I called the City of Anaheim to check, and a very unfriendly operator told me they have no Disneyland blueprints. Have you ever seen actual Disneyland blueprints there?
    Last edited by Datameister; 01-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.

• Giving up Film

I tried to look through the starcade windows, and was able to at some points, however no photos came out that I took, a better filter would've worked though. But some areas are impossible to see through as it must be black plastic on the other side because you cannot see through at all. Mainly the double doors that lead onto the patio and the glass on either side of them.

• =)

I tried to look through the starcade windows, and was able to at some points, however no photos came out that I took, a better filter would've worked though. But some areas are impossible to see through as it must be black plastic on the other side because you cannot see through at all. Mainly the double doors that lead onto the patio and the glass on either side of them.
    Yeah, it's certainly difficult to see in there.

In other news, I can definitively verify that the City of Anaheim does indeed have many, many Disneyland blueprints. I don't know if the Starcade area is visible in any detail in any of them, however--they don't seem to have every single blueprint.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

The Starcade used to be fun.....when there were games on both levels..and you coul go up and down the escalators......ah, the good ol' days...

• Giving up Film

It'd certainly be really really nice to flip through whichever blueprints they have, must be a lot of really interesting things in them. I wonder why some are there and aren't there...interesting... On another note being a couple thousand kilometers away and living in another country seeing said blueprints anytime soon isn't going to happen, perhaps when I'm down there next I'll have the chance....so if anyone has the chance to flip through and come across the starcade buildings blueprints if it is in fact there let me know what you see...

• =)

so if anyone has the chance to flip through and come across the starcade buildings blueprints if it is in fact there let me know what you see...
    I do plan on going back sometime within the next few months--I hope!--and I'll see if I can find any. I didn't have time to look through all the hundreds of prints when I was there yesterday, but I did think of you, and I didn't see any Starcade blueprints in the ones I saw. Next time I go, I'll have more time to search more diligently.

• Giving up Film

I just finished reading a topic about the peoplemover/rocket rods and there was something that sparked my interest. Is the starcade a feasible way to load/unload a ride that would use the track above tomorrowland? I ask because in the thread I read people who want something back on the track proposed something along the lines of a loading/unloading area up there.

• =)

Interesting idea. If you mean that the new attraction would actually load within the Starcade, that could be a little difficult. I'd imagine the track mechanics would need to be adjusted to accommodate that, and it would also lead to a rather awkward moment in the track design where you race out of BLAB into the middle of Tomorrowland, only to immediately make a 180-degree turn, and head back the way you came. It'd be kinda weird. However, perhaps the Starcade's upper level could be used as part of the queue, instead of what's now the BLAB building.

• Giving up Film

Who's to say that a new updated peoplemover goes in the same direction as the previous versions? (rocket rods included) Based on the patents and other things I've read it seems that the rocket rods track that is currently there shouldn't have a problem going in the reverse direction.

Edit - Pardon me for not thinking straight. Yes, It "could" be weird to go 180 but depending on the views or what the old loading platform was developed as, it could be rather cool Besides who would want to miss out on going through star tours and watching people shop? If the track and vehicles went the same way as they always have.
    Last edited by Dusty88; 01-06-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast