Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Has anyone Walked in Walt's Footsteps lately?

I did a quick search through the archives, but I didn't see anything from anyone who'd gone on the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour--just notes from people who were planning on taking it.

So, and forgive me if I missed the thread, has anyone actually taken this yet, and if so, was it worth their time, money and effort?

I'm going back down in October (solo, this time, the wife is mobility limited), and may add it to the list.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Has anyone Walked in Walt's Footsteps lately?

I did it and it was worth every penny. I didn't pay for it, but I would have. Not the greatest thing in the park, but worth going to at least once. You get facts and rides and lunch.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I did a quick search through the archives, but I didn't see anything from anyone who'd gone on the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour--just notes from people who were planning on taking it.

So, and forgive me if I missed the thread, has anyone actually taken this yet, and if so, was it worth their time, money and effort?

I'm going back down in October (solo, this time, the wife is mobility limited), and may add it to the list.
    We did it, with dog in tow. It was really fun. For us, it was worth the money, time and effort.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

Malcon10t,

Can you please remind me how much it costs, how long it takes and what your highlights were?

Thanks!!!

• Senior Minion

The price they quoted me was about $49, and that included lunch at the Gallery.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan

YES, YES, YES, and YES. Great experience. We have taken it twice, learned something new each time, and really enjoyed every aspect.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Comin' down the track

We're taking the tour in August and are excited about it. We just got our reservations a couple of days ago. My cousin took the tour in March and said it was worth every penny.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I am considering taking this tour when I visit the first weekend of October (Actually, 9/29). I've taken a few tours at Magic Kingdom and Epcot at WDW and found them to be informative and fun, I imagine this one would be too.

• Super saucy pixie!

What does this tour cover anyway? Sounds intriguing!

Wink Re: Has anyone Walked in Walt's Footsteps lately?

I took the tour over the 50th Celebration Weekend (it was part of my package).
    Lunch up in the Disney Gallery was really nice.
    Visited/toured the Tiki Room, Club 33 Lobby, was supposed to ride the train but the Ward Kimball broke down and so we hoofed it over to the Haunted Mansion. Lots of background and behind the scenes information and mini stops along the way. Got a pin with lunch.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    I took the tour over the 50th Celebration Weekend (it was part of my package).
    Lunch up in the Disney Gallery was really nice.
    Visited/toured the Tiki Room, Club 33 Lobby, was supposed to ride the train but the Ward Kimball broke down and so we hoofed it over to the Haunted Mansion. Lots of background and behind the scenes information and mini stops along the way. Got a pin with lunch.
    That helps... This upcoming trip will be my first real one to Disneyland. I've been fascinated by the parks and their history for several years now and really love the design details.

Also, being a vintage Walt Disney fan I can imagine that this tour would suit me very well.

In short, this is a tour of Disneyland attractions and history when the place was built 50 years ago?

(And hey... I'm no pin collector.. but I like the pins I've received on my WDW tours... )

• Senior Minion

I enjoyed the Tour to a point, and some things we had already learned and some not about the Park. I will not spoil it because it is interesting and fun how they walk you through. Take the Tour if you like just to experience it once. Not to be off topic, but I heard there is a separate 50th Tour?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i took the WIWF tour in may & we didn't have our lunch in the gallery like it said. we ate on the balcony at the golden horseshoe and watched the billy hill show. i think it was just a fluke thing, though.

i would recommend taking the earliest tour of the day. you get to go in before the park opens, so you feel like you really are walking in walt's footsteps...no other guests, have the park to yourself. kinda cool.

there is a 50th tour. i've heard if you plan it around parade/firework times you get priority seating
    <o>

Wink Re: Has anyone Walked in Walt's Footsteps lately?

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I enjoyed the Tour to a point, and some things we had already learned and some not about the Park. I will not spoil it because it is interesting and fun how they walk you through. Take the Tour if you like just to experience it once. Not to be off topic, but I heard there is a separate 50th Tour?
    Yes there is a 50th tour! It is called "From Imagination to Celebration" and I enjoyed it more than I did the WIWF tour (although I enjoyed that one too!) We were on the 5:40pm tour (BigPigletFan and her mom were there too -- What a nice susrprise!) we saw the 50th presentation in the Opera House and went on three rides (Pirates, Big Thunder, and Buzz, plus we also rode the Ward Kimball train over to Tomorrowland) and had reserved seating for the fireworks, plus a bag of goodies and a snack box. Our tour guide was Nicole and she was GREAT! The goodies included a group photo, a pin, and a "ticket book" of A,B,C,D,E rides. The first tour of the day does five rides, and the second and third tour of the day has reserved seating for the parade.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Hmm... "Imagination to Celebration" sounds kinda cool too... I'm very much looking forward to seeing "Remember" when I go to Disneyland in a couple of months and have read to fully take in the show, you should be near the hub with a view of the castle and the Matterhorn. What is the reserved seating vantage point for the show? Could you see the entire thing unobstructed? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast