Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Still wants to be a cat!

Fireworks cancelled again tonight!

My Hubby and daughter just called from the Park and the fireworks have been cancelled once again....that makes at least 3 times in the last week or so! They say it's do to weather conditions, but is that really what's up or is it possible they are having some problems?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Re: Fireworks cancelled again tonight!

Hmmm, interesting............

• I Hug My Tapirs

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually has been weather conditions. Bear in mind that we HAVE been getting the remnants of Hurricane Emily this week, which has brought some ickier weather to parts of SoCal.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

It has been a bit warm and a bit humid, but not windy here at all. Thunderstorms in the high desert....I guess that could affect the air above the Park.

- Wolfette

• That's Hawt

I dunno, but I know up north here by Tahoe we've been getting quite a bit of rain and some big azz thunder storms ... i wouldn't be surprised if there is similar weather in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Hmm, weird.

Perhaps it's precautions from the hurricane more than anything else?

I know they were cancelled last Friday and Saturday night, I know the show went on Sunday night, since I was there. I think they shot them off the beginning of the week, but not positive. They shot them last night for sure, so it's not because of precautions, or they would have had them at all this past week or so. Curiousier and curiousier.....????

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I remember always hearing when the fireworks were cancelled that City Hall would just be flooded with complaints from guests and I remember getting many a pissed off guest myself.

The fireworks are a HUGE draw for guests and HUGELY impact the way a guest views their trip as it is such an amazing experience at the end of their day and Disneyland knows this.

So I know that whatever the reason for the cancellation, you can bet it's a damn good one.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Reaver of Souls

That's just odd. I live and work 10 minutes from the park, and haven't seen one drop of rain in months. Hot and humid for SoCal, yes, but nothing extreme. There's got to be another reason...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    I remember always hearing when the fireworks were cancelled that City Hall would just be flooded with complaints from guests and I remember getting many a pissed off guest myself.

The fireworks are a HUGE draw for guests and HUGELY impact the way a guest views their trip as it is such an amazing experience at the end of their day and Disneyland knows this.

So I know that whatever the reason for the cancellation, you can bet it's a damn good one.
    Yeah...Heard people were asking for the money back, since there was no fireworks show.....I'm sorry, but that is absurd, there are no guarantees!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I saw some huge thunderhead-like clouds in the area earlier this evening. the atmosphere has been unstable the past week or so with remnants of the storms elsewhere in the country. It has been hotter and more humid the past week or so as well in the area; more signs the weather is acting up.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Gay Man

There are Fire Marshalls on site every night for the Fireworks. They will send up several baloons to test the atmosphere. If they feel things are unstable enough, they will call the show. It happens all the time. Things can change at the drop of a hat, but if things are still pronlematic at show time they will either wait a 10 minutes or so or just call the show - depending on the conditions.

Wind at low and higher altitudes as well as wind direction and fire hazards are the biggest reasons they will call a show.

Of course, if there are other malfunctions with the equipment, the show could be called as well. Usually, that happens over consecutative nights though.

It was due to High Winds up above, so basically the fall out area would be on the other side of the freeway or into main street. Also they have to cancel it at around 9:45 because if they go on with the show they will be fined by the city and from what I heard its allot.

O yeah first post here I'm really from MouseTimes doing the updates but right now im starting reach out to the Disney community.

• Shubisha

It's gotta be weather. They wouldn't make that up. And from someone who's been flying around, there's some trippy weather high up over parts of socal right now :P (quite fun though if you're easily scared by that sort of thing )

WooHoo!!! E-Ticket in the air!!!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast