Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Fantasmic's Fantastic Replacement

Just something to think about. Recently we have had 2 competing threads on here. One hates Fantasmic and would prefer to see it completely removed, and the Rivers restored to their original quiet serene beauty. The other enjoys Fantasmic and welcomes minor improvements, but overall appreciates the show and the magic it brings to everyone. Stay, or go, it is only getting older as time passes. There is only so much that can be done, so many enhancements, before it eventually runs it's course. One of the biggest gripes about Fantasmic is that it is a huge break in theme. It shuts down the Big River night cruises, and crams a large majority of the park into a very small area. While the parade crowd is distributed along the length of the route, the Fantasmic crowd is crammed into NOS, and the outskirts of Frontierland. What some see as a break in theme others see as pure magic. It is that break in theme that allows Fantasmic to display the majority of popular Disney Characters. It is the only way Fantasmic can "jump" from one animated classic to another. The concept of a dream is what makes this possible. Here is where I run into a dilemma.

As I said there is only so much that can be done before a show eventually ends. I am curious if anyone on here has developed a concept for a new show. Nothing "blue sky", an actual concept that utilizes the same show area as Fantasmic. Is there a way to maintain the theme of the areas involved (New Orleans Square, Frontierland, Critter Country and possibly Adventureland) and cohesively tie them together under one centralized theme? Or will it's replacement be hindered by the same thematic flaws?

I open the floor to others in hopes of reading a few good concepts.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Suspended

Re: Fantasmic's Fantastic Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

I open the floor to others in hopes of reading a few good concepts.
    here's my concept to all of those who wish to see Fantasmic! go away and let the Rivers of America return to it's peaceful and placid nightly atmosphere:

Pool your money together and buy Disneyland outright from the Walt Disney Company. Then you will have free reign to do whatever you want with Fantasmic! or any other part of the park that does not meet your current level of expectations.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

No incarnation of any 'water show' is appropriate, or necessary on the ROA.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

From a crowd management stand point when the new water show opens at DCA I would like to see F! go dark to help balance out the visitor level between the parks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• =)

From a crowd management stand point when the new water show opens at DCA I would like to see F! go dark to help balance out the visitor level between the parks.
    Not a bad idea. I'd like to hope that once that show opens at DCA, nighttime crowds in the original park will be a little diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    This is the exact reason it WON'T go dark when World of Color opens. Do you have any idea how bad it would be if Guests started crossing the Esplanade twice a night?
    "Ooh look! World of Color is soon. Let's go to DCA!"
    *World of Color shows*
    "Ooh look! Let's go back to Disneyland for the fireworks!"
    *stampede commences*

Luckily Fantasmic! will stay to help balance out the visitor level between the parks.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    This is the exact reason it WON'T go dark when World of Color opens. Do you have any idea how bad it would be if Guests started crossing the Esplanade twice a night?
    "Ooh look! World of Color is soon. Let's go to DCA!"
    *World of Color shows*
    "Ooh look! Let's go back to Disneyland for the fireworks!"
    *stampede commences*

Luckily Fantasmic! will stay to help balance out the visitor level between the parks.
    Boy too bad they can't move the fireworks. Also too bad you can't see the fireworks from DCA, oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

Disney should make a better effort to inform guests that there are multiple Fantasmic shows presented and encourage them to attend the later one, especially if they are not at the park with children or just intending to stay later.

Yes, I know it's clearly stated in the daily schedule handout but people just don't read everything they have carefully enough. Maybe some announcements leading up to the nightly shows fireworks and Fantasmic would spread the information better,

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    here's my concept to all of those who wish to see Fantasmic! go away and let the Rivers of America return to it's peaceful and placid nightly atmosphere:

Pool your money together and buy Disneyland outright from the Walt Disney Company. Then you will have free reign to do whatever you want with Fantasmic! or any other part of the park that does not meet your current level of expectations.
    Seriously... I was not trying to say either side was right. My intention was to ask if anyone has considered what would replace this show if and when it has run it's course. Even those who do not like the show will admit that finding a replacement isn't an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    No incarnation of any 'water show' is appropriate, or necessary on the ROA.
    Who said it had to be a water show? I said a show... the canvas is blank so what you do with it as a concept is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Disney should make a better effort to inform guests that there are multiple Fantasmic shows presented and encourage them to attend the later one, especially if they are not at the park with children or just intending to stay later.

Yes, I know it's clearly stated in the daily schedule handout but people just don't read everything they have carefully enough. Maybe some announcements leading up to the nightly shows fireworks and Fantasmic would spread the information better,
    Honestly between the info board, the show handouts, and the entire Fantasmic crew spieling... I'm not sure how much more info you can possibly provide about the later show(s). I guess you could rent out a CalTrans trailer and flash the times on one of those LED screens... but it might be a little out of theme.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I guess you could rent out a CalTrans trailer and flash the times on one of those LED screens... but it might be a little out of theme.
    Ya know... I think that CalTrans would be themed perfectly for being "in California" and therefore this would not be a bad idea for the World of Color show.

I think they should do a third Fantasmic at 11:30 pm the way they used to, when the park was crowded and closed at Midnight.

They haven't done a third showing for awhile.

• Queen Elsa

They done a third show on Christmas night cause I was there that night.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    You're quite the dreamer JeffYardDog. Heck they can't even properly explain how the YOAMDs works. Then you have to factor in the clueless people that no matter how much/many times you explain something they still don't get it.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post

I have to admit that I laughed realy hard at this (I was on your side mac)
    but yeah, I know techskip wasn't on either side with this.

I don't think F! has to go. there's probaly more people who want to see it stay than be trashed or replaced with something else. I also don't think a new water show could stay in the theme of ROA. F! is not a problem in the case of theme anyway, if F! is a problem than so are all of the parades and all of the fireworks..(as previously pointed out by master gracey in another F! thread)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    You're quite the dreamer JeffYardDog. Heck they can't even properly explain how the YOAMDs works. Then you have to factor in the clueless people that no matter how much/many times you explain something they still don't get it.
    Fortunately, most people have a vague idea about telling time.

Not so with the YOAMD rules.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast