• formerly PretzelSouls!

Post My Disneyland Trip Review

Ok so here is my slightly late Disneyland trip report.
    My friend Emi and I went to Disneyland I think it was 2 days ago?
    We had a great time, it was kinda windy during parts of the day but that didn't stop the magic! We got up in the morning around 3:25 a.m. and got ready. We had been staying in Santa Barbara and were just getting out the door at 5:00a.m. - bad timing, the morning traffic was sure out! We finally arrived at the park around 8:30 and grabbed a bite to eat at the carnation cafe for breakfast. I had waffles - nothing special, they were kinda cold though. We walked down Main Street USA and admired everything for about 20 minutes then decided we might as well go on some rides.
    First stop: POTC before the lines got big, we got in right away and ended up sitting in the very front. I've sat in the front numerous times and never in my life have I gotten so soaked on that little drop!!! We decided to do ghost hunting and go on Haunted Mansion next - once again we got right on. Everything went well on the ride until they experienced some technical difficulties and we got stuck on the bridge over looking the dining room area, we sat there for about 10 minutes and finally got going again. Considering how many people were at the park that day we didn't have to hardly wait to get on anything! It was great!!! I would have some pictures but when we asked a person to take our picture they took the picture and ran off with my new camera =[ Ahh well...if that was the only thing that went wrong I guess it's ok =] We did get a Dole Whip though so the day was fine! =D
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• =)

Re: My Disneyland Trip Review

They ran off with your camera?! That's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened. But I'm glad the rest of the trip was good! Funny how certain trips you end up abnormally drenched on rides that normally don't get you all that wet, huh? Water is fickle that way. Be glad you didn't hit a bump in the Splash Mountain track like I did once, though. It hurt so much--I've never been in so much pain within a Disney park before, unless you count stomach pain. But that's an ongoing issue, and not one related to the park. Or to this thread for that matter.

Anyway, thanks for posting! Glad you had a good trip.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Yes, I don't know what is with people and always running off with my stuff! Haha yess that is very true - I'm glad we didn't hit a bump on splash moutain...ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    They ran off with your camera?! That's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened. But I'm glad the rest of the trip was good! Funny how certain trips you end up abnormally drenched on rides that normally don't get you all that wet, huh? Water is fickle that way. Be glad you didn't hit a bump in the Splash Mountain track like I did once, though. It hurt so much--I've never been in so much pain within a Disney park before, unless you count stomach pain. But that's an ongoing issue, and not one related to the park. Or to this thread for that matter.

Anyway, thanks for posting! Glad you had a good trip.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Minion

I hope it was a disposable and not a digital.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I would have some pictures but when we asked a person to take our picture they took the picture and ran off with my new camera =[ Ahh well...if that was the only thing that went wrong I guess it's ok =] We did get a Dole Whip though so the day was fine! =D
    I don't think larceny is ok at all. Not only did they steal your camera, they stole your photographic memories as well. If at all possible, I would have given chase, hollering all the way. And if I ever caught up to the *******, I'd have knocked him face down to the pavement and retrieved my property.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. As an aside, I was doing a "Disneyland" search on Craigslist in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas, and there were posts from several different people about having their cameras not turned in to Lost and Found. I know entering the Magic Kingdom doesn't automatically put a halo on every visitor, but it's a shame nonetheless.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sadly it was digital =[
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I hope it was a disposable and not a digital.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    I don't think larceny is ok at all. Not only did they steal your camera, they stole your photographic memories as well. If at all possible, I would have given chase, hollering all the way. And if I ever caught up to the *******, I'd have knocked him face down to the pavement and retrieved my property.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. As an aside, I was doing a "Disneyland" search on Craigslist in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas, and there were posts from several different people about having their cameras not turned in to Lost and Found. I know entering the Magic Kingdom doesn't automatically put a halo on every visitor, but it's a shame nonetheless.