Question Enchanted...The Musical @ The Hyperion Theatre

It may seem far-fetched, but with the success of the movie, Enchanted, I think it would make a wonderful replacement from that tired old show, Aladdin.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Aladdin, but for the past year or so, it's become more and more stale, dull and boring now. I remember one time not too long ago that my friend and I actually walked out of the show half way through. Only because it was that bad and we felt like we were watching a bad production of a high school stage show.

And I think they could really do something nice to that theatre by turning it into a special Enchanted experience. So tell me what YOU think of this idea, I'm curious to know.

• Goofy

Re: Enchanted...The Musical @ The Hyperion Theatre

oh come on now lol i love the aladdin show and I only saw it twice for the first time ever and I don't think it is stale in my opinion well thats because I only started to see it for the first time lol.

Enchanted would be good too as well once aladdin productions is over.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

I love Aladdin, don't get me wrong, but I also LOVE Enchanted...
    I vote for Enchanted

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

I think an Enchanted stage show would need to be put on hold a few years, the movie's still fairly new. there are aspects of it that mite not work too well on stage, ex. the tranisiton from cartoon to real life (if the show started out with just animation itd b a carbon copy of the movie then, nothing different). and the story mite not work/fit in a 45 minute show. I think Aladdin's still got a few years left in it.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    I think Aladdin's still got a few years left in it.
    I hope not. Aladdin is so boring to me. Enchanted would be intersting as a stage production. The concept from the animated world to the "real" world might be a little confusing to be done on stage.
    Jeff Wayne

I had that idea, but for Fantasyland Theater =D

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Solving the cartoon issue would actually be fairly easy. It is not absurd in many productions to project recordings on a drop-down screen in front of the stage, then roll it back up once the film is over.

However, another fun idea would be to make cartoony puppets...I think that would be visually very stunning.

The biggest problem I see, however, would be the issue of the little girl in the film. Casting children in productions has more legalities involved, and would probably therefore be something that Disney would not want to deal with. The easy thing would be to say that the daughter should just be cut from the production, but I think that would in many ways harm the story. Perhaps if they could cast a very petite girl who looks and sounds very young...

It's an interesting idea.

The whole concept of Enchanted was cartoon characters clashing with real New York. A musical version of New York is not too condusive to that concept. Happy Working Song works because the rats and cockroaches, puppets or costumes won't have that same effect. There are many great ideas that would work for the Hyperion. From scaled down Broadway shows (Tarzan, Mary Poppins) to new shows of Disney films (Hunchback, Jungle Book) to even original storylines and songs. I just don't see Enchanted working in that format. Too much would have to be fudged and then there's the fact Giselle and Edward are the only characters who sings besides the chorus, and Edward's songs are quite limited. The movie was wonderful, no need to try and destroy that.