Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Cherry Tart

Re: Tips for getting picked at the Jedi Academy??

Jumping and screaming helps. Dress them in Star Wars shirts and/or bring a big flashy sign that says something along the lines of "OMG PICK ME!!!!11!1"

I think the signs work best. I've seen the Jedi breakroom and the walls are covered in their favorite signs that kids have made.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• "I Break Things"

Dress up as Yoda
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney Dreams

I'm not a big fan of the Jedi/Star Wars stuff - but I do have tricks for getting people/myself into shows. Most of these have already been noted, but I'll repeat.

- Make sure you look VERY enthusiastic. If you don't look like you wanna be there, or seem very shy/ not interested, you will NOT be chosen.
    - As someone said, look the "pickers" right in the eye. Eye contact is VERY important when wanting to be chosen. Extremely important. When I was younger, and even now, if I want to be part of something, I look them right in the eye - and about every 9/10 times I'm chosen.
    - If possible, sit in the front - that way it makes it easier to do the above ^^
    - If you can, but not as important, wear something associated with the event - Jedi Academy: I'm guessing Jedi outfits? ;-)
    - Definitely though, try to look extremely energetic, and make eye contact. That's basically what I do to get parade characters to look at and wave at me - it works! I have lots of "eye-contact" pics of parade characters.

• Forever thankful. .

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I say...use the force.

Seems to work . . . lol

These are two of my grandsons just a few weeks ago . . gathering the force - apparently this is serious business!

It worked for them . . .

We have some how by some lucky chance become experts of sorts on the JTA - or at least what has worked for us.

First trip - Christmas 06 - pure first timers luck - all three of the older three grandsons (the only ones old enough to be picked) were picked first time out. So we thought it was an easy thing too. The only thing I could contribute it to was they were all dressed alike (not in Star Wars cloths - but matching outfits) so maybe that helped them stand out. They are also very outgoing little guys so were doing plenty of jumping about and hand waving.

Second trip - summer 07 - one out of the three got picked. The older little guy could handle his cousin getting picked but the younger one had a rough time and there were tears. That night at the hotel they all three made signs since they noticed that kids with signs were getting picked. The next day, we made sure they were in matching outfits (just in case that helped the first time) and by golly, they all three got picked! Not at once like at Christmas but one by one - *whew* The littlest guy had forgotten to bring his sign with him and the one that had won the day before offered his sign up but, nope - "the force will know" was what the youngest one said. Anyway - they all got picked and life was good. I also stood behind them and pointed at them - that seemed to help. Maybe.

There was another little guy next to us who's b-day it was that day wanting to do it so bad. I told his mom to have him jump about, handed her one of the signs after my grandson's were picked and we both stood pointing at him - he got picked right at the end! I was feeling like the force was with me! LOL

Third trip - just a few weeks ago - we only had two of the three older boys with us this trip. We decided one of the days would be "Star War" day and they would wear their new Star War shirts. So they, again, were in matching shirts, but no signs, to the side closest to Nemo, and they jumped up and down and one by one they got picked at the first show of the day. *whew*

They love it. I sure understand the not wanting to take your little ones when they don't get picked. It breaks your heart - though I am not sure how else is should work other than what they are doing.

Anyway . . . I hope your little guy gets picked . . . have you gone yet?

May the Force be with you all.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Be excited. I was there about thirty minutes early and waited in the front and had fun with my friend until the show started. Once they said they were going to pick people, I jumped around like a stupid 20 year old and raised my hand and did, in fact, look the guy in the eye. The friend I was with also was yelling and pointing at me. I remember him saying "YOUNGLING IN THE GREEN!". It worked!

I've never seen signs! Crazy.

I've never heard of any other adults get picked, but I know I look young but not under 10 young and I definitely have boobs so... I can't look that long. So I honestly don't know why i was picked.

Now that I've done it once, I don't try to do it again, gotta give other kids some chances! Kids who do it more than once are very lucky.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• "I Break Things"

Having an attractive individual in your party also helps... just sayin.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

We were the first ones there & waited about 30 minutes before the show when we tried...one of the earlier shows in the day. We were on the far left of the right side (looking at the stage.) My son was in a Star Wars shirt and was jumping up and down. My mom felt bad because there was a little girl behind us, so she let her in to be right next to my son. So, who gets picked? Yup. The little girl we let in. Pixie Kid was a trooper, but still really sad.

I'm not upset that we let her in, but I was bummed because we had gotten there early and waited. It seemed they were picking most of the kids that were to the far right in our section- right in front of the Jedi "closet."
    <o>

• Mouse lovin mama

My four and a half year old son has already decided he's packing his Darth Vader costume to wear next month.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Pdxmama View Post
    My four and a half year old son has already decided he's packing his Darth Vader costume to wear next month.
    Just my humble opinion as a fellow parent who has a 5 year old... they are only that size once... buy a Yoda costume! I am fairly confident the CM's would pick a life size "Master Yoda" to fight! I would!

• Mouse lovin mama

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Just my humble opinion as a fellow parent who has a 5 year old... they are only that size once... buy a Yoda costume! I am fairly confident the CM's would pick a life size "Master Yoda" to fight! I would!

lol, I'll keep that in mind!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What is the oldest age they'll pick hou for this show. My 14 year old nephew loves star wars. He jus turned 14 last week. Is 14 too old?

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What is the oldest age they'll pick hou for this show. My 14 year old nephew loves star wars. He jus turned 14 last week. Is 14 too old?
    He should be fine.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    He should be fine.
    If he looks like a very young 14. If he looks like a total teenager, I wouldn't count on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12