Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

The New Temporary Disney Gallery (The Art of Disneyland Display & Suprises!)

Last night I finally got to walk into the Temporary Disney Gallery and found a few pleasant surprises.

The exhibit is named "The Art of Disneyland".

Here's a look at the set up itself:

They do have figurines and some Olszewski's on display, however they cannot be purchased a the Gallery, you're directed to the Disneyana store to purchase them.

Here's a closer look at some of my favorite pieces of art on display:

A beautiful autographed 'Meet The Robinsons' Giclee

More Sleeping Beauty Goodness:

Eyvind Earle's glorious artwork that was the entire basis for Walt's vision of Sleeping Beauty:

A autographed cel from 'The Little Mermaid'

I really like this piece and they still have some prints of it over at Disneyana:

A beautiful 'Cars' Giclee:

A 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Cel:

And here's some 'Enchanted' artwork that although technically on display at Disneyana and not the Disney Gallery, I really liked and thought should be posted:

And as I was getting ready to leave the Gallery, I saw some old friends making an exit:

A magical evening indeed!

^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Re: The New Temporary Disney Gallery (The Art of Disneyland Display & Suprises!)

Cool pictures, thanks for the update!

Re: The New Temporary Disney Gallery (The Art of Disneyland Display & Suprises!)

Yes...Thanks for the photos.

But it does look very much more like a Disneyana Jr....than a Disney Gallery Jr.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the great update Sadako!

• no flash photography...

Do they have the ...what's the word....non framed copies of the pictures for sale. The kind that are usually stacked up and you can kind of go through them like they have in disneyana and they had in the old gallery?

I ask because the old gallery seemed to have a different selection than we can fins int he park now and there were prints there my mother wanted, but we have not been able to fins them since the gallery closed.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks Sadako. I must admit I was underwhelmed when I stopped by yesterday. I guess going to the real Gallery, anything else is bound to be a dissapointment. I'm certainly willing to give them some time. It was definatly nice to see some of that great art back up.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Thanks for the pictures. I cannot see it but do you recall how much this one was? I really like it.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Thanks Sadako. I must admit I was underwhelmed when I stopped by yesterday. I guess going to the real Gallery, anything else is bound to be a dissapointment. I'm certainly willing to give them some time. It was definatly nice to see some of that great art back up.
    OH! I totally forgot to mention. I spoke to the CM's at the Gallery and asked about where do they go from here and he said that this setup was Temporary until the Gallery's new home at the Plaza Pavilion is completed.

So yes, The Disney Gallery's new permanent home will be the Plaza Pavilion.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great! Thanks for the info Sadako!

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Red Face Re: The New Temporary Disney Gallery (The Art of Disneyland Display & Suprises!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    OH! I totally forgot to mention. I spoke to the CM's at the Gallery and asked about where do they go from here and he said that this setup was Temporary until the Gallery's new home at the Plaza Pavilion is completed.

So yes, The Disney Gallery's new permanent home will be the Plaza Pavilion.
    That's some great info. I didnt even know they had a temporary gallery up or i would have wandered in last night to get out of the rain....

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I'm shocked to ask this, but where is the plaza pavillion?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Its on the left side of main st when you are walking twoards the hub. Its where all the pin traders hang out now.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

o, ok. Thanks for the info.

So will the new gallery occupy an existing building or will some new walls go up for it?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Still lost in Neverland

1. Where is the "Temporary" Gallery?

2. So the new Gallery will be the former Restaurant across the street from Plaza Inn?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast