Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Tales from the security bag check lines!

• Happy Homespun

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    the fraps are because they are GLASS. Broken glass in a park is not good and plus a glass bottle makes a sweet weapon! (not a CM it just makes sence to me)

I understand that, but why was I checked so thoroughly and my friends mom allowed to take hers in? Where is the consistency? Everyone at the booths kinda does their own thing! Plus, I'm 32 years old, not 4 and I wouldn't scatter GLASS around the park!

PLUS, at 12:15 at night, on the night in question, we were destined to be in line on the other side of the esplanade for X amt of hours... the park was closed... why even search us at all? We were just passing thru... we had to do another bag check before we got into DCA anyway!

One night I wore my big sweatshirt over my purse... they didn't even ask about the strange bulge!

I still think there should be metal detectors... I could've carried my side arm with me and nobody would've ever known it! Security checks as they are now give a false sense of real security!

DL needs the employees in Food Service and Attractions... not security!

• Puppy Cuddles

^ I agree with you that they need to be consistent with the checking. Sometimes they barely glance in my purse and other times they have me open up every zipper they can see. And my purse is pretty small. One person told me that they're only checking for glass bottles, but then prceeded to look in that little zipper pocket they have in most purses that you can barely fit a tampon in. Although it was ridiculous they searched you so thouroughly for a mere trip across the esplanade when you couldn't have possibly gotten into the park.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• C4C6C

Correct me if I am wrong, but the lockers are within the security checkpoints. So she puts the knife in there, and comes back 10 minutes later and gets it and brings it into the park?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    The CM did mention the lockers too, but parting w/ the $5 was apparently more painful than parting w/ weapons. Guess they didn't have that much sentimental value.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Yes, you're correct the lockers are within the secured park areas. As I mentioned, the CM was pretty shaken up - she just rattled off the locker option by reflex more than anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12