Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Sad I had heat stroke yesterday in the park... :( :(

I went yesterday around 2:00pm. We went to DCA and went on ToT which wasn't bad because the line was inside and it was really short. Then we waited about 45 minutes for Mullholland Madness, and that's when I started feeling a little "bleh".

We walked over to DL and waited in line for the Astro Blasters and that's when I felt I couldn't take it anymore. I started feeling sick to my stomach and the line wasn't moving AT ALL. So my friend went to get me a bottle of water, but the line was so long just to get water, and the line for the Astro Blasters was right out in the burning sun, I just lost it. I felt like throwing up and I kind of slumped to the ground. Luckily it was just for a few seconds and by the time I got up, my friend was back with the water and I felt a little better. Then we got inside and went on the ride and when we came out and started walking back towards the tram, I started feeling sick again.

Blech. I almost threw up on the tram. The fumes from the tram were making my stomach do flip flops and the heat was just too much to take. By the time we got to the M&F parking structure, I ran to the bathroom and threw up for about 10 minutes. It was horrible.

I don't think I'm ever going to Disneyland again during that time of the day. There's just not enough shade to protect you from the burning sun.

They need to install misters.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: I had heat stroke yesterday in the park... :( :(

I suggest a hat next time and lost of sunscreen. And always always be drinking water when its a super hot day. Must keep hydrated!

Hope you're feeling better today.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Yikes! I'm glad you're alright.

When I was at DCA 3 years ago in August, they had CMs rolling carts throughout the park, handing out free small bottles of cold water. They practically pushed them into people's hands.

I think this would be a good policy to adapt at both parks, anytime the mercury is expected to rise into triple digits. It won't cost them as much as having extra first aid CMs on hand, and many calls to the paramedics. It's also much less disruptive to the "show".

As a tip for the future, if you're planning on being there in the afternoon, drink plenty of water beforehand, and eat something a little salty.

And a less-known remedy for dehydration that stops the nausea - pickle juice. We've used this at renaissance faires where we're in heavy costumes in 100 degree weather with no shade. It works. So, the large pickles that Disneyland sells can also be life-savers.

• Rock Star Minion

1. Hats, preferably white.
    2. Clothes, preferably white and breathable.
    3. Drink, preferably water, not too much caffeine.
    4. Shade, whenever possible, duck in. You started in DCA, so that explains the lack of shade being a cause of this.
    5. Bring your own mister, one of those battery-operated fan and spray-water-bottle kinds.
    6. Eat lightly. You don't mention when or what you ate, but a big meal followed by heat can cause one or more of your body functions to halt temporarily.

Preparation is important. You'll have a better time next time.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Yikes! I'm glad you're alright.

When I was at DCA 3 years ago in August, they had CMs rolling carts throughout the park, handing out free small bottles of cold water. They practically pushed them into people's hands.

I think this would be a good policy to adapt at both parks, anytime the mercury is expected to rise into triple digits. It won't cost them as much as having extra first aid CMs on hand, and many calls to the paramedics. It's also much less disruptive to the "show".

As a tip for the future, if you're planning on being there in the afternoon, drink plenty of water beforehand, and eat something a little salty.

And a less-known remedy for dehydration that stops the nausea - pickle juice. We've used this at renaissance faires where we're in heavy costumes in 100 degree weather with no shade. It works. So, the large pickles that Disneyland sells can also be life-savers.
    Hmmmm, pickle juice. Yet another good tip from the MC gang!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Hmmmm, pickle juice. Yet another good tip from the MC gang!
    Strange as it sounds, dill pickles always settle my stomach. When I was a kid, I always ate a few when I had the flu and they worked much better than Pepto.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Wonderful World

That sux.At least people aren't dying from the heat like they are here in Arizona
    I'm back MiceChat

• Rainicorn.

I saw at least 5 people being treated for heat stroke on the Anniversary! It was a hot and long day.

I'm glad you're okay.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Senior Minion

Please, promise me the next time you (or anyone else) is in the parks, and feels ill, and thinks they've gotten a bit too much sun, go to the nurses station! Do not pass go, do not collect 200 pins.

You're really pretty lucky, and the vomiting could have dehydrated you even further. You're much smarter to have them look at you in the park than chance it trying to get home.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

You're right, but I was just so miserable all I could think of was going home. I totally forgot I could have gone to the nurses station!

• At the Gym or at DL

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile

Man, I bet it must of killed Pressler to be giving away something that he could of charged money for. Disney attorneys must have insisted upon it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Glad you're ok!
    heat stroke sucks.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I am notorious for getting heat stroke, so I totally feel for you. I've got into the habit of carrying a small waterbottle with me and I just constantly fill it up at every water fountain I passed.

Everyone's given you great advice so far, so let me add one more thing to that. The last time I was at DL was in June, what I did to keep cool was to place wet paper towels on my neck, forehead or chest. Yeah, you'll look like a dork, but it keeps you cool. It's something I picked up from going to year-round schools in the summer

In short... heat stroke sucks.

• Banned User

I'm sorry that really sucks. That's why I'll never go early in the day unless we're having nice weather. I've been going at night to avoid the heat but it's still humid and yucky out lately.

You can always ask for a nurse. Or if its real bad call 911 from any payphone they will send a nurse or paramedics. Or walk to First Aid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast