Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• "Roast Duck"

i hate BTMRR...and Matterhorn....the clearances are very tight...and that makes me nervous...granted i am not that tall...about 5 foot 3 inches...i still duck down during the caves and caverns of each ride...

I prefer not getting on them...but i occasionally do...cuz it's my little bro's favorites...
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Senior Minion

When i was there in August, They had been opening and closing it to the public all day but, it didn't keep me from hopping at the chance to ride it. Everytime I do ride it, The tunnel makes me a bit queasy. Even typing about it right now and I just ate dinner.

It was just nice to get back on the ride.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Don't feel a bit scared or creaped out. BTMRR is WAY safer than getting in a car.

I guess I should think about it more, but it doesn't really bother me.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

I was nervous the first time riding it after it re-opened but i'm sure it's safer now than it ever was before. I never ride in the front anyways. You get a much better ride from the back.

• Still wants to be a cat!

My daughter (8) wouldn't go on any of the e-rides at DL after the accident. Now that time has passed she's OK with it, actually we have to ride Big Thunder over and over again, just like before the accident. I always think about what happened and think of the family and how they must of felt, losing someone who went to Disneyland for the day. But I'm not going to let that stop us from enjoying the rides. Can't seem to get my daughter back on California Screamin' for some reason though.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Definitely a bit apprehensive at first, but it's a favorite of my kids, so we did it in December. Now we go all the time, and we don't even think about it anymore.

• Banned User

You know what makes me nervous is when your on Screamin' and your train is waiting in that last brake zone next to the roundhouse and there is a train coming in right behind you. I always worry that major brake zone behind you won't slow the train down and BOOM! Yikes! But that has only happened once where the train I was in was in that last brake zone and another train came around the bend and fully stopped in that first brake zone. If you look at Big Thunder's brakes, and then you look at Screamin's, there is a big difference. Screamin' seems more heavy duty. The brake disks are under the trains on Thunder(I think) and are on the outside of the trains on Screamin'. That sort of makes it more noisy when the Screamin' trains come to stop though.

• no flash photography...

no, the first weekend it was over we went on 3 times in a row. No nervousness..

I was a little nervous the first time, but now it's okay. But I will NEVER sit in the front row.My friend, who is clueless, somehow didn't hear about the accident. She basically forgot is all, so when we went to ride we were told Row 1 - of course, I asked for the back - what does she do? Super loud, start asking me questions...."WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY DON'T WE WANT THE FRONT?" I'm trying to explain it to her in kind of a low voice, she says, "WHAT ACCIDENT? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Seriously, it was so loud I wanted to die. Come to think of it, I never did explain it to her........

What's a little freaky is I have a video that I took from the front row, same seat. It kinda freaks me out to watch it now. But I will still ride it.
    Go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!!

• That's Hawt

I don't think it is that big of a deal ... I mean, most rollercoasters have had accidents. Sure, some don't result in a death but when you are running something 365 days a year for sometimes 16-17 hours a day you have to expect something is going to happen. Sometimes it is operator error and other times it is poor design or human stupidity. The parks do everything they can to prevent anything from happening but something is bound to happen. Live with it, i mean, people get into car accidents every day but that doesn't mean we won't go in our car anymore because of it. Doesn't scare me in the least bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Santa Barbara, CA

When I heard of that accident it gave me chills. I had already heard of a similar accident years earlier when the ride first opened by an RO friend who was working it. They covered up the crash and it was because of one of those pins coming off. I was then angry as they could have avoided the whole thing. nothing that hasn't been in the papers, but nonetheless it felt like the JFK thing. My kids are not going on it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Felt strange when we sat in the front row, but it passed.

I used to work at SW as a ride operator on the Shipwreck ride - I know the checks we went thru every single day - so I feel safe on every ride at a major park (but will never get on a ride at any fair type event lol)

I was nervous the first time back specially when we were given row 1.

• My Children's Father

The last time I went to DL was just a few days before the accident. I did ride in the front row ....... so I figure I've had my "brush with death" and I should be safe from here on out ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast