Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Yes, it's very dangerous, and tell everyone you know not to get in line. (All the more for me, heh-heh-heh... oh, did I type that out loud?)

It's the "I don't know what might happen" that gets me on these rides. It's what keeps you off.

• Party Planning King

I've rode it several times since it has reopened and I don't have any qualms about riding it. However I always have a sad little moment in my mind to remember what happened. It's kind of like my private way of paying respect to all those that were involved.
    Then I thow my hands in the air and have a great time.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Minion

Haven't been on it since the three accidents... neither have any of my friends.

I wasn't able to ride it for quite some time after it was open again after the death. And then when I finally did I felt VERY SAD that some actually died in that first tunnel. That somene's fun ride ended up so needlessly tragic.

I don't think Big Thunder will ever be the same for me. I ride it now fairly often, but not with the same joy I did before. The first tunnel just feels awful to me. Not just for the person who died but the other passengers who were injured or didn't know why the train has stopped suddenly but could hear the screams. Just awful, awful, awful.

I find myself looking more carefully at the safety of ALL the rides now. The fact that negligence was a factor in the death, not a guest doing something risky, has made me less likely to trust the safety of all the rides.

I'm hoping that feeling with go way with time, but the Big Thunder death really changed the park for me. I'm a HUGE Disneyland fan, so if I could just get over it, I would, but I will only be able to feel safe again after there is a long stretch of time without any accidents due to the company's negligence.

Haven't personally been on it since the accidents but when we head over in July I'll certainly add it to the must-do list. It was very tragic what happened but then you take your chances in almost all that you do - personally feel more intimidated on the M25! (notorious freeway that circulates London)

• Old Timer

I think I heard a rumor that the young boy that was caught under the ride vehicle in Roger Rabbit several years ago recently died, I know the details of the settlement were hushed up but can anyone confirm it?
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I think I heard a rumor that the young boy that was caught under the ride vehicle in Roger Rabbit several years ago recently died, I know the details of the settlement were hushed up but can anyone confirm it?
    I don't think that the kid died ... or mabye he did and I don't know, but all I heard was that he became mentally retarded after that. BUT I could be wrong too!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Last time I rode it, a month ago, the lap bar restraint came up before the train came to a complete stop at the station... scared the hell out of me...
    they do that all the time and it was probably seconds before the complete stop. lap bars can't come up on their own you have to be in the station or have them manually released by a cast member

• Defeats the Huns

I only went on it once after the 3 accidents -- and it definitely has a weird "dangerous" feel to it now. I don't think I'll really plan to go on it again unless my friends drag me on or something.

• I like Cheese...

From ThemeParkInsider.com: Four-year-old Brandon Zucker was injured, and ultimately left with brain damage, when he flew out of the ride vehicle and was pinned beneath it. A state investigation blamed Disneyland personnel for loading the Zuckers into the vehicle incorrectly, and cites additional ride design flaws. As a result, Roger Rabbit became the first attraction ordered closed for repairs under California's new theme park regulation law.

Unknown if he died recently?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    I can't even look at that red rock monstrosity without having to change my pants. Think about the amount of times that train has run those rails...millions. How many accidents have there been? Two? Well what if I am the next 2 in a few million to get injured? The chances of that are far to great for me to ever get back in line. The wildest ride in the wilderness is no joke.
    2 accidents in a 25 year run isn't bad most cars can't go that long. statisics state that you are more likely to get hit by lightening than die on an amusement park ride, and far more likely to get into a car accident on the way there. personally i'm more affraid of the 5 freeway. and i've walked into "the tunnel" quite a few times.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Am I afraid of BTMR? Hell No. Every day when I go surfing, I can get tangled up in kelp and not make it to the surface, get hammered by a huge wave and held under, get hit by another surfer, mistaken for a seal and become lunch for a great white or another predator and While driving to work, I could get into an accident, or even walking from my car to work, get hit by a car. Even walking down the street, I could have a crashing plane fall on my head. Fear only keeps us away from those things that make us feel alive the most. The addrenelline rush right after you step off of BTMR...Damn...feels good. We can't let fear keep us from living.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Leave 'em wanting more!

I am ashamed to admit that I absolutely refuse to ride in the front half of the trains now. Being that close to the front makes me nervous!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I am ashamed to admit that I absolutely refuse to ride in the front half of the trains now. Being that close to the front makes me nervous!
    I never rode in the front...too slow. It's always the back for me. Love that whip action you feel coming around those turns. I just don't reconmend it after eating a big BBQ dinner at El Zocola's right before.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Banned User

It was just wierd for me to get on it after that death and all, but things like that will happen. Someone said earlier in the thread, these things run 365 days year (almost) and things can or will happen. You just have to enjoy it, trust the people and mechanisms working the ride and HAVE FUN!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast