Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Agreed 100%. The only 2 fatal accidents at DL where the guest dit not play the larger part are recent. The Columbia was just a stupid mistake on the part of the CM, which is not to excuse it. BTMR was a maintenance issue for which there is no excuse whatsoever.
    The Columbia was a mixture of a CM mistake AND managment - they replaced the natural fiber ropes (which will break if forced) with synthetic fiber ropes (which apparently will rip a big metal chunk off of the Columbia if forced). Why did they make this change? I can only assume it was due to cost and trying to save a buck - at the expense of someone's life.

OK now I am depressing myself.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    The Columbia was a mixture of a CM mistake AND managment - they replaced the natural fiber ropes (which will break if forced) with synthetic fiber ropes (which apparently will rip a big metal chunk off of the Columbia if forced). Why did they make this change? I can only assume it was due to cost and trying to save a buck - at the expense of someone's life.

OK now I am depressing myself.
    Didn't know that. I do think that that is quite a different think than the BTMR. I wouldn't think this was a forseeable consequence except in hindsight...

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Didn't know that. I do think that that is quite a different think than the BTMR. I wouldn't think this was a forseeable consequence except in hindsight...

Hmmm. True! However, I wonder what other corners they have cut that might not have forseeable negative consequences. It all comes back to that trust thing again... Sigh.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

The accident on BTMRR was tragic but it won't keep me off the ride. I have ridden it every visit since it reopened.

Frankly I am reminded of the tragedy everytime I look at the engines on the trains since they removed one of the large decorate wheels - the trains just look wrong now.
    The Mur

• Old Timer

All of the major accidents are intrinsically issues of cost management affecting training, maintenance and rehab time or lack of proper rehab.

And all of this started during construction of DCA and afterwards.

Thus because of that outright and direct connection of cause/effect is why I blame Eisner and his ego-park for the sad decline of Disneyland and of all of those affected in major and minor ways.

And why I have wrote off visiting DL ever since I saw the connection between the dots, if and when the proper management tackles the issue of a failed park is how it affects my decision to ever return to Disneyland.

I expect many to flame at this boycott, you have that right but I also reserve the right to postpone any near future visit to DL as well.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567